• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT gen 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
I would add pictures but i don't know how or where to get them. Okay, now I haven't built a team in quite a while so it may be pretty bad but rate and give pointers anyway. If it looks good don't post team looks solid. They don't help, there nice to hear but there useless.

Nattorei
Impish
Leftovers
Steel thorns
252Hp/100Atk/90Def/68Sdef
Explosion
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rock
Spikes
I see this guy becoming a very popular lead. Bulk in both Def and Sdef this thing will take hits. If it can set up one set of spikes and stealth rock, then explode I’ll be happy. Gyro Ball I didn’t know what else I could add.

Randorosu (Ground/Flying)
Adamant
Choice Band
Encourage
252Atk/252Spd/4Hp
Hammer Arm
Earthquake
U-Turn
Stone Edge
This guy I feel will hit uber (or whatever they are planning on doing.) With excellent stats and an amazing move pool with a very good ability (if I have interpreted it correctly) there is no reason not to run him. Adamant is to make him a little more powerful for sweeping; the EV spread is pretty much made for sweeping. As for the attack choices: U-Turn if I don’t like the match up, Earthquake stab and just good, Stone Edge since its release it has seen play in almost every team, as for hammer arm if I interpreted encourage right the negative effect of hammer should effect him so, why not.

Shandera (Ghost/Fire)
Modest
Life Orb/Leftovers
Shadow Tag
252Satk/140Def/118Sdef
Flame Thrower
Shadow Ball
Substitute
Pain Split
A Pokémon I expect to see quiet a lot. Shadow Tag and this guy are very good as I’m sure most are aware. Modest nature is to take full advantage of Flamethrower and Shadow ball which are both powerful stab moves. Substitute and Pain Split are to common attacks that are run together no need to go any deeper.

Sazando (Dark/Dragon)
Hasty
Life orb
Levitate
140Atk/118Satk/252Spd
Draco Meteor
Flamethrower /Dark Pulse
Taunt
U-Turn
The mixer, a hasty nature is for speed. The EV spread focus on what I need offense and speed. The berry is mostly for outrage however, if it’s needed for something else then it’s there Draco Meteor for a powerful stab move. Taunt is for blissey and the other self healers, I can hit a switch in blissey hard with draco meteor then taunt it so no self healing. U-Turn is for the sub if I go against someone I don’t like or after a DM I sub in.

Starmie
Timid
Leftovers
Natural Cure
252Hp/252Spd/4Satk
Boiling Water
T-Bolt
Ice Beam
Rapid Spin
The Spinner, I can’t really say any too much about this set. Boiling water for the stab and maybe burn, T-Bolt and Ice Beam are commonly run side by side. And Rapid Spin to blow my opponents entry hazards.

Ditto (Normal)
Jolly
Eccentric
Choice Scarf
252Spd/I don’t know the rest
Transform
The ultimate Revenge Killer. Eccentric is what this little glob needed (as I’m sure everyone knows.) Choice Scarf, as I’m sure most if not all can figure out it’s to make me faster then what ever I need to kill after the transformation. The EV spread besides its speed I didn’t really know.

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
Randorosu might, but Sazando and Shadow-Tag Shandera likely will go to Ubers. All are good at their roles on this team anyways.

Nattorei is going to be a popular lead, but serves much better as a tank. Maybe use a Gigaisu for lead?

Ditto is, admittedly, a good revenge killer, and expect to see him, but maybe try another good-coverage revenge killer, for the blob is not perfect.

Taunt on the Sazando seems okay, but go for coverage. Walls are dying out. Or rely on the mix-factor to take it out.

Starmie is the classic here, and always good.

The type spread seems nice overall. However, you might want something to deal with the likely ever-present weather effects.

Last edited:

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
^^^^^
I have actually been thinking about the weather effect teams and How to deal with them effectively while protecting myself against the potential stall and Offensive teams. However, besides Sand teams I have little to no experience with Drizzle and Drought teams.

Aerophoenix

The Great Speculator
^^^^^
I have actually been thinking about the weather effect teams and How to deal with them effectively while protecting myself against the potential stall and Offensive teams. However, besides Sand teams I have little to no experience with Drizzle and Drought teams.
Stall teams are going to be less prevalent this generation (or so it seems now). You seem poised well enough offensively, and the best defense is often a good offense.

However, when it comes to weather teams, think about either trying to have a few moves up your sleeve that work well in Rain or Sun, or have your own weather-causer. Also, having something with Dust-Proof, Magic Guard or Cloud Nine (e.g. Rankuruso, Barujiina or Altaria) is good too.

Heldigunner1

lime in the coconut
Thanks. I am definitely have to go back a fiddle around with the build.
I really wish there was a gen 5 simulator up.

Bestrin

Person
Ditto transforms upon switching in so all that you should put EV's into are HP and Defense. His HP stays the samne when he switches in. The defense is just incase you get into a struggle war with another ditto

Seconding replacing Taunt on Sazando, as it's running LO anyway so you may as well go for coverage.
Anyway, the team style seems to be like a lot of early ones (throw in a wall or two, then rely on Shandera and Ditto to take care of threats) which is by no means bad at this point. However, an offensive team should realy on type resists to be able to function, otherwise you risk being slaughtered by a single pokemon or move, even.
That being said, BoltBeam may be quite of a problem. Nothing really takes it considering your only formidable wall is your starter and has a bigger chance of being worn out early, not to mention it being mainly physically defensive and having no reliable recovery. I don't know how much Shandera and Ditto can do to a bulky Starmie but in general it may seem to be quite a hinderance for you. Perhaps replace Ditto? It seems slightly redundant with Shandera anyway. I don't really know what to suggest as I'm as unconfident with the 5th gen as anyone, but I'd like you to keep in mind once again that these type of teams rely on resistances.

Status
Not open for further replies.