• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT: Magmal Salamanova (OU)

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
215px-205Forretress.png

Igneousto (Forretress) @Leftovers
Impish
Sturdy
252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
~Spikes
~Toxic Spikes
~Stealth Rock
~Rapid Spin

I will start out leading with Forretress. This will allow me, given the circumstance, to immediately start setting up entry hazards based on the team I am facing. I decided to give Forretress no offensive moves as from my experience he rarely ever gives much damage output. I thought it would be better to sharpen his versatility. Rapid Spin helps eliminate my teams notable weakness to SR.

I am not running Shed Shell, or Volt Switch because Magnezone is pretty rare anymore from my experience. Also if I know they have a Magnezone on the team I can just bait it out and switch into any other Pokemon, as every other Pokemon on my team has at least one move to deal with Zone.

I also am using Forretress to bait fire moves to power up my Houndoom. If my opponent leads with Politeod they will most likely Hydro Pump or Scald. I can use Gastrodon's Storm Drain to deal with that as well. If the opponent leads with Hippowdon or T-Tar they won't do enough damage to Forretress to really justify a switch. (Unless it is the rare occasion SpA T-Tar setup.)

160px-229Houndoom.png

Infierno (Houdoom) @Life Orb
Timid
Flash Fire
4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Nasty Plot
~Fire Blast
~Dark Pulse
~Roar

Works hand in hand with my Foretress. I ran Nasty plot and dual STAB for sheer attack power. If I absorb some damage with Flash Fire my Fire Blast will OHKO quite a bit, especially if I have already initiated sunlight. Roar is a personal choice of mine, if I predict well I can force switches which will increase the effectiveness of my entry hazards. Roar is the also the reason I chose Houndoom over Chandelure who could have been a spinblocker. I may swap them out if I end up needing one.

150px-423Gastrodon-East.png

iFi (Gastrodon) Leftovers
Calm
Storm Drain
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
~Hidden Power (Fire)
~Ice Beam
~Toxic
~Recover

Gastrodon shields me from a lot of the weakness on my team. Resistant to rock and absorbs all water, it will be a good switch in to take dangerous hits. Toxic will systematically help me drain the opposing Pokemon, and HP Fire works excellent with my sunlight, and will also offer a good surprise to Ferrothorn and Skarmory who may otherwise try to wall me.

150px-038Ninetales.png

Coronis (Ninetales) @Leftovers
Calm
Drought
252 HP / 120 SpD / 136 Spe
~Flamethrower
~Toxic
~Protect
~Substitute

Another stalling setup. Ninestales basically is present to cancel other weather as well as reap the uses of my own. With this I can also whittle down Pokemon as Gastrodon has. Flamethrower just like Gastrodon will help me deal with other walls. This setup is pretty self-explanatory.

472Gliscor.png

Skymantle (Gliscor) @Toxic Orb
Impish
Toxic Heal
252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spe
~Swords Dance
~Earth Quake
~Fire Fang
~Taunt

My team has some dangerous ground and rock weakness so I decided to use this fella to help counter those as backup in case I want to save my Salamence for later. I also need another physical type attacker. I will taunt lock the opponent into attacking me and then tank. When the opponent switches out realizing they can't easily kill Gliscor I will set up a SD. Fire Fang to compliment my weather and Earthquake for powerful STAB.

240px-373Salamence.png

Salamander (Salamence) @Choice Scarf
Adamant
Moxie
252 Att / 252 Spe / 4 HP
~Dragon Claw
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Fire Fang

Ah the grand finale. Salamence is basically my clean up-Moxie Pokemon. By the time I use Salamence my plan is to have the opposing team decently weakened through poison, and damage my other Pokemon whipped out with their attacks. This allows Salamence for easier sweeps to continue becoming more powerful. Each time Salamence gets a sweep he gets the wonderful attack boost. Fire Fang for the same reason as Gliscor, DC for STAB, and EQ and SE for type coverage.

I look forward to hearing your questions and comments, I'll be playing-testing this on PO later on today.

Last edited:

Rotom-F

Team Rater
First, Forretress isnt undestructable, and Special Moves, even more fire types, or even users of taunt would destroy it easy. Toxic Spikes isnt that usefull in that OU Metagame, which is full of users of levitate, steel types, or even flying types. You Could Switch it for Gyro Ball, Earthquake or Volt Switch. Houndoom is a good Special Sweeper, But using roar, this is a waste. You Could Put Hidden Power Ground for a better coverage. WHY THE HELL HP FIRE? Scald is it main stab, being able to burn pokémon, and HP Fire Does 40.9 - 48.86% to Ferrothorn, and Skarmory doesnt hell walls it. HP fire is a waste, and you should put Scald. Ground Fire is walled By Almost all dragons is OU, and skarmory only takes 31.13 - 37.12% from +2 Fire Fang. You Could make it a little more offensive, and Put Swords Dance, Acrobatics, Earthquake and Fling with Toxic Orb. It gets healed from Toxic Orb, and Fling Badly Poisons opponent pokémon and Make acrobatics Have 110 Power, this is a way too gimmicky, and special attackers could stop easily, but you Salamence can counter well. On Salamence Stone Edge should Hit what? You could Switch it for Outrage, for more power, and keep dragon claw for switch out. 7,5/10

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
First, Forretress isnt undestructable, and Special Moves, even more fire types, or even users of taunt would destroy it easy.

Hence the Houndoom.

Toxic Spikes isnt that usefull in that OU Metagame, which is full of users of levitate, steel types, or even flying types. You Could Switch it for Gyro Ball, Earthquake or Volt Switch.

I'll give you that one, I might do that.

Houndoom is a good Special Sweeper, But using roar, this is a waste. You Could Put Hidden Power Ground for a better coverage.

I am testing it, but if it fails I am going with Chandelure anyways.

WHY THE HELL HP FIRE? Scald is it main stab, being able to burn pokémon, and HP Fire Does 40.9 - 48.86% to Ferrothorn, and Skarmory doesnt hell walls it. HP fire is a waste, and you should put Scald.

Scaled+STAB=120 BP/2 because of Sunlight so 60. HP Fire BP=60+30 from sunlight so 90. HP Fire is stronger here, and for the small chance of a burn it isn't worth the drop unless I am specifically fighting a rain team.

Ground Fire is walled By Almost all dragons is OU, and skarmory only takes 31.13 - 37.12% from +2 Fire Fang. You Could make it a little more offensive, and Put Swords Dance, Acrobatics, Earthquake and Fling with Toxic Orb. It gets healed from Toxic Orb, and Fling Badly Poisons opponent pokémon and Make acrobatics Have 110 Power, this is a way too gimmicky, and special attackers could stop easily, but you Salamence can counter well.

I have nothing to say anything to this one, too many variables, I may test your theory.

On Salamence Stone Edge should Hit what? You could Switch it for Outrage, for more power, and keep dragon claw for switch out. 7,5/10

Honestly, I really want to breed my own Salamence, which is impossible with Outrage so yeah.

Last edited: