• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT, my team need a review

calvin_0

Gardevoir Lover
Gardevoir@Leftover
Ability: Trace
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 hp
Move: Hypnosis, Hidden Power (Fighting), Shadow Ball, Psychic

Role: my main Sp.Atker, she is my favorite since gen3. this is my Battle Tower Gardevoir, not sure if it work at online battle

Meganium@Leftover
Ability: Overgrowth
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
Move: Aromatherapy, Synthesis, Energy Ball, Hidden Power

Role: My aromatherpies and also double as a type coverage, i dont know whats type ios the hidden power, but its super effective agasit other Grass Type

Lapras@Life Orb
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Modest (+Sp.Atk, -Atk)
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 Sp.Def
Move: Rest, Sleeptalk, Thunderbolt, Icebeam

Role: my tanker and staller, she is my last resort when all my attacker have fallen. This is also one of my Battle Tower pokemon.

Vaporeon@Leftover
Ability: Water Absorb
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Def, 6 Sp.Atk
Move: Wish, Baton Pass, Subsitute, Surf

Role: the cleric of my team, she also set up a safe zone for the team so they can do thier role without much worry. I use her in Battle Tower with Lapras in double battle.

Flygon@Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Natutre: Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
Move: Dragon Claw, Earthquake, U-Turn (filler), Crunch

Role: my main attacker, but i need a suggestion on the filler move since Choice Scarf offen lock it so i hardy use U-Turn.

Rapidash@Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
Evs: 252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
Move: Hypnosis, Will-O-Wisp, Double Edge, Flare Blitz

Role: my backup attacker, the only problem is because her move is self damaging, she offen last 2 turns (provided she didnt get outrun by the opponent)

I also want to inlcude this pokemon in but i have no idea which to replace.

Pikachu@Light Ball
Ability: Static
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Sp.Atk)
Evs: 252 Sp.Atk, 252 Spd, 6 Hp
Move: Thunderbolt, Grass Knot, Hidden Power (Water)

Role: might be my backup Sp.Attacker, but the problem is she is so week and most likely get OHKO. but in theory, my Vapoeron should able to set up a safe zone for Pikachu to do her work. I have make up my mind on the 4th move, i'm not sure to use stats booster or status effect. and opinion would welcome.

thanks

randomspot555

I think Gardevoir is best suited for taking some hits. Dump some EVs into HP, use Calm Mind, Will O Wisp, Psychic, and whatever other move you want.

Will O Wisp can cripple the many Pursuit users. Calm Mind for set up, Psychic for STAB, and the fourth slot is whatever your team needs. Shadow Ball might be best, but Wish is If you want a special sweeper, Specs Starmie, or any number of Alakazam and Gengar sets fit the role much better.

Keep U-Turn on Flygon. It's one of the things that makes it unique from other dragons. That's a move Salamence, Dragonite, and Garchomp would LOVE to have. It combines a powerful attack (that hits SE on Grass, Dark, and Psychic) with the best strategy in the game: switching! In fact, it might make a better starter than Gardevoir, since it can switch out right away.

Rhys29

Encore
He's right, lead with Flygon. That way, you'll know what your pokemon should be set up for. I would think Gardevoir would be well suited with Focus Blast, though it's not accurate, it's damn powerful and fighting is arguably the best attack type in the game. You could put leftovers on Rapidash, so that after a heavy self damaging attack, it can hypnosis the next pokemon and burn it while it recovers. Give Meganium Leech Seed instead of Hidden Power so it will be more useful all around for your team.

calvin_0

Gardevoir Lover
focus blast, is that the move which need to charge at the begining of the turn and the move will fail if the pokemon is attacked?

Frost Nova

The predator awaits.
Here's a question for you all.

Why are you bothering rating his team when he / she has not bothered reading the rules?

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
There's nothing majorly wrong with this thread that I can see [let me know if I missed something; it's kinda late... sorry], except that the moves are all on the one line and not in the strict format the rules provide, which is hard to read, but... not grounds to lock this thread on... Please just report the thread in future.

HOWEVER, the OP needs to find out their Hidden Power or change the move -- suggestions: fight a Kecleon, test against other types -- because otherwise this thread is incomplete.

Last edited:

Rad3n

Banned
There's nothing wrong with this thread that I can see [let me know if I missed something; it's kinda late... sorry], except that the moves are all on the one line and not in the strict format the rules provide, which is hard to read, but... not grounds to lock this thread on... Please just report the thread in future.

It's only 11:30 on a Friday night. I already went out... but everyone else is wasting their Friday =p

It would be better to put this thread in the proper format. I'm pretty sure the rules state, I know it's late, that it should be clear and no

CHaRizARd @ adfndbskndf b
Blst Boorn / aqdfn / kisjdbva / adfsjvnao

^ the four moves side by side thing.

This team is all over the place. You should probably lurk more. You nearly understand what's going on but you're not quite there. There is no reason for anything. Just 6 random tier incomplete pokemon.

Sudo

pretty busy...
This is a pretty cool team. Just a few changes and you'll be able to tear up standard with it.

First of all, pull Gardevoir back from a lead position, and put something like Scarfkiss, Fake Out Weavile, or a speedy Taunt user in the lead. This is so that you can prevent those annoying Suicide leads from setting anything up. Fake Out Weavile 100% ensures that you will prevent an Azelf or Aerodactyl lead from setting up Stealth Rock, but doesn't stop Infernape. Scarfkiss has a 60% chance of preventing Azelf and Infernape from setting up, but can't touch Aerodactyl.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
252 Atk / 6 SpD / 252 Spe

Fake Out
Pursuit
Ice Shard
Brick Break

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
80 HP / 252 SpA / 176 Spe

Air Slash
Aura Sphere
Tri Attack / Shadow Ball
Flamethrower

Gardevoir should have the following moveset: Wish, Will O Wisp, Psychic, Thunderbolt. Invest plenty of EVs in HP, Defense, and run enough speed to outrun Jolly Tyranitar, so you can Will O Wisp before it can hurt you.

Pikachu is generally a waste of time in OU, as although it hits rather hard, it is too frail. Almost any STAB attack from 200 attack or more will OHKO Pikachu. 306 speed isn't high enough either, and there is too many priority attacks. The two better Electric-type choices for this team are as follows:

Zapdos. With a Timid nature and some Speed investment, it can get 308 speed, enough to outrun any Lucario. Even those with Ice Punch are beaten thanks to your speed, and all Lucario are handled with Heat Wave. Roost keeps Zapdos healthy, add Thunderbolt for STAB. In the last moveslot, you can use Light Screen, Toxic, Hidden Power Grass, or Substitute.

Magnezone with a Choice Scarf is another great way to deal with threats like Lucario, Scizor, Skarmory and Metagross. His Steel typing also allows him to revenge kill a Salamence locked into Outrage sometimes. Simply switch in on a Scizor or Lucario using Swords Dance, and OHKO with Hidden Power Fire and Thunderbolt respectively. Against Metagross and Salamence, you have to come in on revenge kill when they are locked into a resisted attack.

Here are the EV spreads and natures. Just copy paste this if you'd like.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid
192 HP / 140 Def / 176 Spe

Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Roost
Light Screen / Toxic

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Rash
60 Atk / 252 SpA / 196 Spe

Hidden Power Fire
Thunderbolt
Flash Cannon
Explosion

And of course, lastly slap a Choice Band on Flygon, and use Outrage on it. Basically U-Turn around and throw out random Earthquakes until your opponent's team is weakened, then use Outrage for the sweep.

Flygon @ Choice Band
Adamant
252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe

Outrage
Dragon Claw
Earthquake
U-Turn

Even with Fire Punch you'll never touch Skarmory, but thats what Magnezone is for. Makes a fine Zapdos switch in, and Choice Banded Dragon Claw will hurt it plenty. Use Outrage later when your opponent is out of Steel types.

Digital Love

Jew 'Fro's Graduate
I actually still find it useful to place HP Ice on Zapdos, even though Garchomp is out of the picture. They both have their advantages. Grass is gonna hit Swampie hard, which you can't do otherwise, and Ice will hit dragons hard. Your choice, but listen to Sudo's advice

calvin_0

Gardevoir Lover
so Sodo my gardevoir should be like this?

Gardevoir@Leftover
Ability: Trace
Evs: 252 Hp, 148 Spd, 110 Sp.Atk
Move:
-Wish
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Psychic

i think that is enough spd to out run Jolly Tyranitar and thanks for your other suggestion, i'll look into it.

Meganium@Leftover
Ability: Overgrowth
Evs: 252 Hp, 252 Spd, 6 Sp.Atk
Move:
-Aromatherapy
-Synthesis
-Leach Seed
-Energy Ball

is that setting is better for meganium?

thanks

Last edited:

Sudo

pretty busy...
I would make meganium bulkier, Bold or Calm(see smogon analysis for exact EVs) but Gardevoir doesn't need Timid to hit 244 speed.

Using Modest with 240 HP, 76 SpA, 192 Spe is a much more efficient spread. You have enough to outrun Tyranitar AND you get 21 more Special Attack points. As a rule of thumb, never use a Speed boosting nature unless you need to in order to achieve a certain number. The exception of course, is if speed is your highest stat, like on Starmie or Weavile.