• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT: Not afraid of Ghosts!

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
So, I have this dream of building a Ghost-only team, since it's my fav type. This team is just for fun, consisting of my favorite Ghosts. I could try to use it competitively just for the curiosity at how far I could get with it, though.

094.gif

Gengar@Life Orb/Leftovers
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Disable
- Protect/Substitute/Thunderbolt (for a more offensive set)

My favorite Pokémon. He's super fast, can hit hard off the bat and is superb at annoying the oposition. He also has a few resistances and 3 immunities (don't forget Toxic!), but sadly he has glass defenses. Shadow Ball will hit everything that doesn't resist it for great damage. Focus Blast will teach those Dark and Steel-types who think they can wall Gengar their place. And the icing on the cake, Disable + Protect for total annoyance. Protect is there to fish for a move to Gengar to Disable while getting no damage. I'm not sure if Substitute is better, since it will strip Gengar of his HP and make him even frailer.

478.gif

Froslass@Leftovers
Timid Nature
Ability: Snow Cloak (or Cursed Body, but since she's frail...)
EV's: 252 HP/SpA, 252 Spe
- Spikes
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Blizzard/Ice Beam

I love Froslass, her concept is just phenomenal. Sadly, stat wise she's a bit of a letdown; she dies fast and doesn't hit very hard. However, she's fast enough to be a Spikes supporter, and Destiny Bond is a nice choice too. Shadow Ball and Blizzard for the coverage, I chose Blizzard as a first option because she's rather weak so she needs raw power, but Ice Beam is a much reliable option.

477.gif

Dusknoir@Leftovers
Adamant
EV's: 252 HP, 252 Atk
- Shadow Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Will-O-Wisp

Good attack and great defenses, but horrible HP and weak STAB is a letdown. I'm aiming more for a tank here. Shadow Sneak gets priority and STAB, but Shadow Punch is also a option for more power. Earthquake will cover pesky Steel-types and provide coverage and raw power. Ice Punch for coverage too. Will-O-Wisp to cripple Attackers and annoy Pokémon Dusknoir can't beat.

442.gif

Spiritomb@Leftovers
Sassy Nature
EV's: 252 HP, 124 Def, 128 SpD
Ability: Pressure
- Pain Split
- Shadow Sneak
- Pursuit
- Will-O-Wisp

My favorite Ghost from Gen IV. It will be a wall, using Pain Split for a recovery-like move, Shadow Sneak for some damage and Pursuit for trapping. Will-O-Wisp will also cripple opposition.

609.gif

Chandelure@Life Orb
Modest/Timid Nature
EV's: 252 SpA, 252HP/Spe
Ability: Shadow Tag (once it's released)
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Flame Charge/Substitute

My favorite Ghost from Gen V, another awesome concept. And wow, this thing will be a beast with Shadow Tag. Trap Pokémon who can't hurt it (much), set up Calm Mind + Flame Charge, and proceed to wreak havoc. Don't need to explain much. Flame Charge is there to turn Chandelure into a sweeper, but Substitute could guarantee his survival.

479.gif

Rotom@Life Orb
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 SpA, 252 Spe
- Thunder/Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Pain Split

He's a really cool Pokémon, but sadly his stats are fairly low and his movepool sparse. Even more, he now loses his Ghost-type when using the appliances formes, which granted him better stats and a good move. So we will have to use what we have. Thunder is there for more power, although it's rather unreliable. Thunder Wave is cool to cripple the opposition, and Pain Split wil grant him some recovery.

Well, that's about it. Tell me what you think :).

Last edited:
For a monotype, it looks great.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
Gengar@wise glass
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Sp Atk| 252 Speed
~Energy Ball
~Thunder Bolt
~Shadow Ball
~Icy Wind
BoltBeam coverage in Icy Wind+Thunder bolt. Shadow Ball is the preffered STAB. Enegy ball for deal with those Ground+Water or Water+Eletric, that wall Gengar.
Froslass@Life Orb
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Speed| 86 HP| 172 Sp Atk
~Thunder Bolt
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Destiny Bond
Again. BoltBeam coverage. Shadow ball+Ice beam preffered STAB. Thunder Bolt hit's Water+Flying for SE damage, Ice Beam hits Ground+Dragon For SE damage, that wall Thunder bolt.
You can use Destiny Bond in the last slot, or Psychic for LoL coverage

Ana_Julía

The Girl You Want!
477.png

Dusknoir@leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 HP| 252 Atk
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Shadow Punch
~Will-O-Wisp
Earthquake+Ice Punch=Amazing!
Earthquake is resisted by Flying/Ground/Levitators, Ice punch hits the first two for SE damage, Ice Punch is walled by Steel and Fire, Earthquake deals with them.
Shadow Punch for STAB. Will-o-Wisp for making he take few damages from Physical moves.
Good Luck, friend! ")
@Akanjão
-Why you didn't suggest Hidden Power[Fight] Instead of Energy Ball? Energy ball is Useless "(

Mav-san

F*cking veteran
Gengar@wise glass
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Sp Atk| 252 Speed
~Energy Ball
~Thunder Bolt
~Shadow Ball
~Icy Wind
BoltBeam coverage in Icy Wind+Thunder bolt. Shadow Ball is the preffered STAB. Enegy ball for deal with those Ground+Water or Water+Eletric, that wall Gengar.
Froslass@Life Orb
Timid Nature
EV's: 252 Speed| 86 HP| 172 Sp Atk
~Thunder Bolt
~Ice Beam
~Shadow Ball
~Destiny Bond
Again. BoltBeam coverage. Shadow ball+Ice beam preffered STAB. Thunder Bolt hit's Water+Flying for SE damage, Ice Beam hits Ground+Dragon For SE damage, that wall Thunder bolt.
You can use Destiny Bond in the last slot, or Psychic for LoL coverage

My purpose for Gengar is more of utility. I really loved the Disable boost it got on Gen V, so I think it's preferable. And Focus Blast is almost mandatory, or Gengar will be totally walled by Steel-types.

I'm also reticent about that Froslass. I think she's more useful setting Spikes, since she has high speed, low offensive stats and no boosting move. Maybe on a Hail team she could work as an all-out attacker, but not here.

477.png

Dusknoir@leftovers
Adamant Nature
EV's: 252 HP| 252 Atk
~Ice Punch
~Earthquake
~Shadow Punch
~Will-O-Wisp
Earthquake+Ice Punch=Amazing!
Earthquake is resisted by Flying/Ground/Levitators, Ice punch hits the first two for SE damage, Ice Punch is walled by Steel and Fire, Earthquake deals with them.
Shadow Punch for STAB. Will-o-Wisp for making he take few damages from Physical moves.
Good Luck, friend! ")
@Akanjão
-Why you didn't suggest Hidden Power[Fight] Instead of Energy Ball? Energy ball is Useless "(
Agreed with Dusknoir, gonna edit it. Also, I don't know how to breed for Hidden Power types and max power, so I always disconsider them. And yeah, I also don't think Energy Ball is useful at all.