• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT: Offensive Webbing OU

Ashrynn

596.gif
@ Focus Sash
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Sticky Web
~ Thunder
~ Bug Buzz
~ Volt Switch

Pretty simple! I'm using Pokemon with decent, mediocre or just plain poor speed so having Sticky Web support is absolutely vital. Although Galvantula can deal loads of damage with STAB-Thunder it's more likely I'll be running away with Volt Switch. Unless I can ensure Galvantula can take out their lead or I'm predicting a switch to a Magic Bouncer then I'll just be using Webs+Volt Switch to start. If they have a ground type I'll be forced into a hard switch, but keeping Galvantula alive and my Webs up is important to making a win that much easier!

232.gif
@ Assault Vest
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Attk / 84 Spd / 172 HP
~ Rapid Spin
~ Knock Off
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Shard

RS Donphan is one of my favorites and is a favorite of mine since GSC. I currently have three pokemon weak to SR, no poison immunity and Spikes hurt. Rapid Spin is essential to keep my field clear and my pokemon healthy. Knock Off can hurt any spin-blockers on the switch and Knock Off is an OP move this gen. Ice Shard to take down any weakened pokemon that might switch in to remove Donphan. EQ for STAB.

244.gif
@ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Attk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Sacred Fire
~ Extreme Speed
~ Stone Edge
~ Bulldoze

There may be a better pokemon for a revenge killer, but nobody does it as awesome as Entei. Extreme Speed does the job best when taking down a frail pokemon that has been previously weakened, but the real reason I use Entei is Sacred Fire. It's weaker than FB, but with a 50% Burn Chance it becomes VERY risky to switch into Entei with the standard Rock/Dragon/etc as they'll lose their offensive presence. Even with an Adamant nature(forced due to the Event) he has 'OK' speed and the Webs really do level the playing field. Stone Edge&Bulldoze are mostly filler IMO, but the right prediction could cripple the opponent in a very nasty way.

184.gif
@ Choice Band
EVs: 252 Attk / 4 SpD / 252 HP
~ Aqua Jet
~ Waterfall
~ Play Rough
~ Superpower

Does it need any introduction? Azumarill is a dangerous pokemon and with CB it just dominates. Strong prediction makes switching into Azumarill a pain in the *** without a hard counter, and even then it deals some crazy damage still. Probably not as efficient as an Assault Vest, but with the team I have in place I'd say it's doing exactly what I expect an better.

006-mega-x.gif
@ Charizardite-X
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Attk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
~ Flare Blitz
~ Dragon Claw(Outrage)
~ Dragon Dance
~ Earthquake

MegaX is a lot of fun to use and playing games with his mega Evo is just too much fun! I'm trying out Dragon Claw, but will probably use Outrage again as I really only bring Charizard in when I'm confident I'll be able to net at least 2+ That said he's my only set-up sweeper and does the job better than any other I could think of for this team. The Webs make his initial set-up easier and helps avoid Scarf Killers coming in after the one Dragon Dance.

Final Team Slot:

I need help! Currently I am using Assault Vest Goodra(and I love her!), but it's not exactly as useful or helpful as I thought it'd be. So I'm trying to decide between ~

635.gif

&

094.gif

Hydreigon is a great pokemon and can be very hard to handle. Webs patch up the speed making it harder to take advantage of. Also, I can VoltTurn with Galvantula as they(somewhat) cover up each others weaknesses.

Gengar is just a pain to really handle. He resists and counters quite a few pokemon that give my team problems and works well at halting Stallers. Thanks to Substitute even switching in a counter just means that he'll deal something nasty out before having to flee.

Both seem like strong choices for the team and I can't really decide which I'd prefer on this team. Of course, the new Shiny Event Gengar does make things simple to get started with!