• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT please for official tournaments [Semi-Fire Team]

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer
This team will be used in the Dragon doubles tournament, but I plan to use it for singles too. since fire types are my favorite I’ve tried going for mono type, but with flexibility (open to other options though). This team has been tested in the Battle Resort (except for Leafeon/Umbreon, which were both tested in the simulator as they haven’t been bred yet).

Battle Simulators:

Leafeon: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-218014327

Umbreon: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-217996075

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-218000987 (not sure why it switched me to opponent here)

Stealth Rock setter and Rapid Spinner

Rim (Donphan) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: HP 252 / ATK 6 / DEF 252
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Roar
- Earthquake

stealth rock up first, then roar to scope out the other team, use earthquake to deal damage if a good pokemon comes up that's weak to it. Will switch out afterwards to keep around. Switch in on physical attackers too.

I originally had Endure bred into him, but testing it out I got irritated because of it being so situational (I thought due to sturdy it would be useful but it hasn't been). Though I am debating on using Knock off instead of Earthquake. But due to my strategy of using roar to scope out the other team I don't see it as being useful in the long run (except maybe doubles, which is why I’m considering it).

Flexible Physical Sweeper

Charmer (Charizard) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: ATK 252 / DEF 6 / SPD 252
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Outrage
- Roost

Strategy: pretty straight forward physical sweeper with the ability to heal. Debating on switching out Outrage for Dragon Claw though. He’s here for a flexible physical sweeper when Talonflame is too iffy.

Set Physical Sweeper

Perry (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: HP 6 / ATK 252 / SPD 252
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- U-Turn
- Roost

The muscle of the team, I’ve tested this set in the Battle Resort and found the need to switch out irritating, but I like the power boost. I’m thinking about replacing roost to something else because of Choice Band limitations, or just switch to Sharp Beak.

Status Inflictor and Water Coverage

Dodger (Jolteon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: HP 10 / SP ATK 248 / SPD 252
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Dark]
- Toxic

For dealing with water types primarily. Going with Life Orb for the power boost and flexibility, I’m debating on changing hidden power to something else since it doesn't seem to be really useful due to shadow ball covering most that dark would anyway. I originally had Thunder Wave in the last slot but changed to Toxic due to removing it from Ninetales.

Sun Setter and Special Sweeper

Aya (Ninetales) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
EVs: SP ATK 252 / SP DEF 10 / SPD 248
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Nasty Plot
- Flamethrower
- Extrasensory
- Solar Beam

I’ve changed her move set a bit from what I originally planned to get some super effective hits and made her a Special sweeper. Nasty plot for boosts when I can, but otherwise it's all out attacks. My original strategy was Toxic + Hex but ended up replacing both moves.

Ninetales will be my primary go to for coverage and sun, so she'll be switched into a lot. I was debating on Choice Specs, but since she's meant to be used against any threat I’d rather not be locked in.

These next two pokemon have only been tested via simulator, I’d like some opinions on which would be better. I’m trying to come up with a good staler/baton passer for support and I think one of these worked well enough. (I’m open to other options as well).

Status Inflicter and Baton Passer

Leafeon (Mino) @ Miracle Seed
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: HP 148 / 10 ATK / SpD 252
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Toxic
- Leaf Blade

Main job is Baton Passing ATK boosts to Charizard X, Donphan, or Talonflame. But also for switch in on water and ground attacks, which is why I want a nature supporting SpD. As for the final move slots, Leaf Blade for water, ground, and rock threats, though I’m thinking about switching Leaf Blade for X-Scissor is for dark and psychic.

Status Inflicter and Staler

Umbreon (Tsukino) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: HP 148 / 10 DEF / SpD 252
Careful (+SpD, -SpA)
- Moonlight
- Toxic
- Protect
- Mean Look

I'd use leftovers, but that item is on Donphan, so Rocky Helmet for return damage (since he won't have any attacks beyond status)

I dropped the Baton Pass healing for Moonlight to take advantage of sun. Toxic for status and Protect to avoid hits. Last slot for Mean Look to prevent opponent from escaping after poisoning.

Untested but curious on input

Umbreon (Tsukino) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: HP 148 / 10 DEF / SpD 252 (Careful) / HP 148 / DEF 252 / SpD 10 (Impish)
Careful (+SpD, -SpA) / Impish (+Def, -SpA)
- Wish
- Baton Pass
- Helping Hand / Protect / Charm / Baby-Doll Eyes
- Tickle / Fake Tears / Toxic

Wish for healing or in combination with Baton Pass, to heal teammates. Helping hand for doubles or Charm to lower opponents ATK x2 to help support team as most have weak DEF or Baby-doll Eyes for the option to lower ATK immediately. Final move slot is tricky and depends on slot 3. Tickle if Charm isn't used (plus the defense drop will also help my Physical sweepers), Fake Tears for SpD x2 drop to help Ninetales sweep, or Toxic to inflict status along with protect.

EKZ1505

First, quick question...the doubles tournament you're referring to is Enter the Dragon Type right? In case you aren't aware, you can only bring 4 Pokemon to that tournament (usually you bring 6 and choose 4 for online tournaments, but for this it's bring 4 and use all 4). You're also allowed two "uber legendaries" (Mewtwo, Groudon, Rayquaza, etc. as well as all the event legends), so I highly suggest bringing two of those if you want to have any chance of doing well. If you just wanna have fun and get the Amaura though, then nevermind lol :)
Char-X is fine to bring, but absolutely go with Dragon Claw since Outrage attacks a random target (and there will be fairies everywhere to counter the dragons). For singles, I still recommend Dragon Claw, but if you've removed all of your opponent's Fairy (and Steel) types, then it's not as much of an issue to be locked in with Outrage. For the Dragon tournament, don't bother with hazards, and you're absolutely going to need a Darkrai counter as well.

The rest of the team looks decent. On Talonflame, it you want to stick with Choice Band, give it Sleep Talk instead of Roost. You'll surprise and ruin any Brelooms or anything else with sleep-inducing moves. If you go Sharp Beak, Roost is ok then. Honestly HP Dark on Jolteon is useless if you have Shadow Ball. Volt Switch is a better alternative, and there might be a better move than Toxic for him as well (Signal Beam or a different HP type).

One support Pokemon and Wish-passer I had a lot of success with in the past is Sylveon. Similar bulk to Umbreon (especially on the special side) and passes off pretty big Wishes as well, but can actually hit pretty hard with Pixilate and Hyper Voice. I went Max HP and Sp Def with mine, and gave it HV, Heal Bell, Wish, and Protect with Leftovers (tho I know you have that on Donphan). Even without investment in defense, it can take most non-super effective hits, and it's an absolute wall on the special side.

Also I just noticed your Charizard has the same nickname as mine lol I've been using that nickname since Blue version :D

Last edited:

Rika24

Fire Pokemon Trainer
First, quick question...the doubles tournament you're referring to is Enter the Dragon Type right? In case you aren't aware, you can only bring 4 Pokemon to that tournament (usually you bring 6 and choose 4 for online tournaments, but for this it's bring 4 and use all 4). You're also allowed two "uber legendaries" (Mewtwo, Groudon, Rayquaza, etc. as well as all the event legends), so I highly suggest bringing two of those if you want to have any chance of doing well. If you just wanna have fun and get the Amaura though, then nevermind lol :)

Yup, that's the one i'm talking about. and no, i wasn't aware you could only enter 4, i figured it was 6. As for legendaries, i've never really used them before. I am entering primarily for that Amaura for breeding its hidden ability. If i decide to go with a legendary, would Reshiram be a good choice?

Char-X is fine to bring, but absolutely go with Dragon Claw since Outrage attacks a random target (and there will be fairies everywhere to counter the dragons). For singles, I still recommend Dragon Claw, but if you've removed all of your opponent's Fairy (and Steel) types, then it's not as much of an issue to be locked in with Outrage. For the Dragon tournament, don't bother with hazards, and you're absolutely going to need a Darkrai counter as well.

i might do that, i can always use the move reminder to put outrage back if i want to.

The rest of the team looks decent. On Talonflame, it you want to stick with Choice Band, give it Sleep Talk instead of Roost. You'll surprise and ruin any Brelooms or anything else with sleep-inducing moves. If you go Sharp Beak, Roost is ok then. Honestly HP Dark on Jolteon is useless if you have Shadow Ball. Volt Switch is a better alternative, and there might be a better move than Toxic for him as well (Signal Beam or a different HP type).

thanks for the tip on sleep talk, i think i might do that and see how it goes. i still want to keep toxic though on Jolty. As for replacing HP, would signal beam be better than volt switch (since he already has thunderbolt)?

One support Pokemon and Wish-passer I had a lot of success with in the past is Sylveon. Similar bulk to Umbreon (especially on the special side) and passes off pretty big Wishes as well, but can actually hit pretty hard with Pixilate and Hyper Voice. I went Max HP and Sp Def with mine, and gave it HV, Heal Bell, Wish, and Protect with Leftovers (tho I know you have that on Donphan). Even without investment in defense, it can take most non-super effective hits, and it's an absolute wall on the special side.

i know it's stupid to say this, but i'd rather not use Sylveon since i don't really care for her. i know it isn't best for competitive play to stick with favorites only, but i'd rather stick with Leafeon or Umbreon. but i will keep what you said in mind, who knows, Sylveon may grow on me eventually (after all, i used to hate Jolteon and Leafeon, now they're my top 2 favorites).

Also I just noticed your Charizard has the same nickname as mine lol I've been using that nickname since Blue version :D

lol, that was the name i gave my first Charmander back in Blue too :D

but anyways, outside of the doubles, the team looks good overall? and which would be better, Leafeon to pass on attack boosts or Umbreon for stalling and status or wish passer?

EKZ1505

Yup, that's the one i'm talking about. and no, i wasn't aware you could only enter 4, i figured it was 6. As for legendaries, i've never really used them before. I am entering primarily for that Amaura for breeding its hidden ability. If i decide to go with a legendary, would Reshiram be a good choice?

i might do that, i can always use the move reminder to put outrage back if i want to.

thanks for the tip on sleep talk, i think i might do that and see how it goes. i still want to keep toxic though on Jolty. As for replacing HP, would signal beam be better than volt switch (since he already has thunderbolt)?

i know it's stupid to say this, but i'd rather not use Sylveon since i don't really care for her. i know it isn't best for competitive play to stick with favorites only, but i'd rather stick with Leafeon or Umbreon. but i will keep what you said in mind, who knows, Sylveon may grow on me eventually (after all, i used to hate Jolteon and Leafeon, now they're my top 2 favorites).

lol, that was the name i gave my first Charmander back in Blue too :D

but anyways, outside of the doubles, the team looks good overall? and which would be better, Leafeon to pass on attack boosts or Umbreon for stalling and status or wish passer?

Reshiram is a pretty good one. Kyurem-W is pretty good as well as it just has a slightly buffed up sp atk stat compared to Reshiram, but a slightly different typing. I would definitely bring another too though if you're serious about it. You're going to see a LOT of Mega Rayquaza, Darkrai (spamming Dark Void), Primal Kyogre, Primal Groudon, Arceus, Lugia, Mega Mewtwo Y, Xerneas, etc., as well as the "uber" megas like Mence and Kanga.

I know Volt Switch is a 2nd electric STAB, but it would really help keep your momentum sometimes. I suppose Toxic isn't terrible, but Jolteon definitely isn't a Toxic staller and I'm not sure (other than on an incoming switch-in) when it would really be the best move to use with him. Volt Switch is just nice because, with his speed, he'll almost always go first. So instead of a hard switch if you don't like what he's up against, you Volt Switch and have the same outcome, but with some damage also. A lot of people run Choice Specs with this to increase the damage, but Life Orb is ok too (especially if you keep Toxic).

I actually hated Sylveon as well at first, but it's really grown on me, partially because of how amazing it was for me in my competitive battles. Florges is VERY similar Sylveon if you would prefer her, though I don't think her wishes are quite as big to pass on.
Personally, I'm not a big fan of either as I'm not big Baton Pass user nor am I really a fan of stall teams, but both look decent to me and function well under the sun with the sets you have. I guess I would lean Leafeon though.

Two more things...for the doubles tournament, don't forget to put Protect on as many things as you can (other than Choice or AV users), as it's probably the best move in doubles. Also, personally I would put Knock Off on Donphan over Roar as it's much more useful.