• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT Please - need help on sixth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdip

I've now achieved my long hoped-for SD Wak, and now I want to build a team around him and Heracross. Let me know what you think so far, and what you would do for a sixth slot (I have a bunch of potential options).

Marowak @ Thick Club
~EQ
~RS
~HP Bug / FB (Have both right now, about to switch one out for...)
~Swords Dance

Heracross @ Leftovers/Miracleberry
~EQ
~MH
~Endure
~Reversal

Physical sweepers. Don't want to lead with them, and not sure yet if I want to lead INTO them (BP agil/pseudo-passing). (NOTE: These two are really the core for me, if that helps with your suggestions. They'd probably be the last pokes I'd be willing to sub out. Everything else is fair game.)

Electabuzz @ Leftovers
~TB
~Fire Punch
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop

Special Sweeper #1. I should mention my friends will be using all-sweeper strategies, so I'm not sure how much I could gain tactically from putting in pokemons with other roles...but you tell me, I'm no expert. A little worried about Buzz's fragility, but he can smash a lot of things and adds a little spark to my lineup that I like. But if he doesn't really seem to fit in my lineup, he can go.

EDIT: Well, one of my friends is using a cursing Gengar, and so may be using some competitive tactics. Feel free to tell me I need a wall, parafuser, phazer, maybe a trapper....anything at all.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
~Growth (Sharked)
~Surf
~Acid Armor
~Ice Beam

Sp. sweep / mix wall. I want a bulky, effective water mon in there and I really want to see how the toughest Growtheon fares. (Alternates were: Kingdra, Lanturn, Starmie).

Snorlax @ Leftovers
~EQ
~Body Slam/DE
~Curse
~Rest

Pretty much standard curselax. I want to use him as a late-game cleaner, since once my early mons tear through a lot of mons and soften others, who's going to have the strength left to counter lax?

LAST SLOT: ??? @ Leftovers

It looks like my team will be threatened by Machamp and the strong Darks ('Doom and 'Tar). I *think* I can cover Gengar fine with my lineup's 3x EQ, but Darks, tough Normals like Lax, Machamp, and maybe strong psychics worry me a little. I have Dragonite, Tyranitar, Espeon (-DK), Houndoom, Eggy (-DK), and Alakazam (-DK) pretty well trained already on my cart; but I'd consider anything to round my team out. There may be no "one trick pony" to settle all those possible type weaknesses, but any suggestions are welcome.

Also, let me know if -- aside from Wak and Hera -- particular mon(s) may work better for my strategy. Thanks!!

133tSneasel

I've now achieved my long hoped-for SD Wak, and now I want to build a team around him and Heracross. Let me know what you think so far, and what you would do for a sixth slot (I have a bunch of potential options).

Marowak @ Thick Club
~EQ
~RS
~HP Bug / FB (Have both right now, about to switch one out for...)
~Swords Dance

Keep HP: Bug, since it really rare

Heracross @ Leftovers/Miracleberry
~EQ
~MH
~Endure
~Reversal

Works, good for him in this generation

Physical sweepers. Don't want to lead with them, and not sure yet if I want to lead INTO them (BP agil/pseudo-passing). (NOTE: These two are really the core for me, if that helps with your suggestions. They'd probably be the last pokes I'd be willing to sub out. Everything else is fair game.)

Electabuzz @ Leftovers
~TB
~Fire Punch
~Ice Punch
~Cross Chop

Standard.

Special Sweeper #1. I should mention my friends will be using all-sweeper strategies, so I'm not sure how much I could gain tactically from putting in pokemons with other roles...but you tell me, I'm no expert. A little worried about Buzz's fragility, but he can smash a lot of things and adds a little spark to my lineup that I like. But if he doesn't really seem to fit in my lineup, he can go.

EDIT: Well, one of my friends is using a cursing Gengar, and so may be using some competitive tactics. Feel free to tell me I need a wall, parafuser, phazer, maybe a trapper....anything at all.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
~Growth (Sharked)
~Surf
~Acid Armor
~Ice Beam

Sp. sweep / mix wall. I want a bulky, effective water mon in there and I really want to see how the toughest Growtheon fares. (Alternates were: Kingdra, Lanturn, Starmie).

You might need Baton Pass in there somewhere. to pass stats too.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
~EQ
~Body Slam/DE
~Curse
~Rest

Pretty much standard curselax. I want to use him as a late-game cleaner, since once my early mons tear through a lot of mons and soften others, who's going to have the strength left to counter lax?

Body Slam for paralysis.
LAST SLOT: ??? @ Leftovers

It looks like my team will be threatened by Machamp and the strong Darks ('Doom and 'Tar). I *think* I can cover Gengar fine with my lineup's 3x EQ, but Darks, tough Normals like Lax, Machamp, and maybe strong psychics worry me a little. I have Dragonite, Tyranitar, Espeon (-DK), Houndoom, Eggy (-DK), and Alakazam (-DK) pretty well trained already on my cart; but I'd consider anything to round my team out. There may be no "one trick pony" to settle all those possible type weaknesses, but any suggestions are welcome.

Also, let me know if -- aside from Wak and Hera -- particular mon(s) may work better for my strategy. Thanks!!

Exeggutor is a good Counter, and Gligar is one too.

Exeggutor@Leftovers
Giga Drain
Psychic
Sleep Powder / Stun Spore
Explosion

Gligar@Mint Berry / Nothing
Curse
Earthquake (Pokemon Stadium 2) or HP: Ground
Wing Attack
Rest / Theif

Status
Not open for further replies.