• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT - Pokemon X ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iloveinfernape

Here's a team I've put together. I'm not amazing with balancing movesets but I've tried my best to balance versatility and STAB. So far it's a team of 3, I hope that's ok. My general tactic is for pure attack with a couple status moves - if that's not good feel free to criticise absolutely anything! This is by no means finalised and the only pokemon I actually have already is Typhlosion (as a lvl.1 Cyndaquil).

;157; Typhlosion @ Wide Lens (to help with Focus Blast's dodgy accuracy)
Modest, Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA, unsure of rest
- Flamethrower
- Focus Blast
- Earthquake
- Will-O-Wisp
I cannot change the nature or ability as I already have the Cyndaquil and he is shinyyy. Looking to go with mixed-ish specialities.

;135; Jolteon @ undecided
Modest, Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA/252 Spd/4 HP
- Thunder
- Shadow Ball
- Hyper Voice
- Volt Switch
Definitely a special based pokemon here. I'm unsure about the last two moves especially. The item could perhaps be a Leftovers?

;130; (Mega) Gyarados @ Gyradosite
Adamant, Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk/252 Spe(?)/4 HP
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Tail
- Crunch
Conversely, much more physical based. I'm unsure about the Speed EVs though.

If this is awful please tell me - I honestly don't mind you giving me as much criticism as you can find as long as it's constructive c:

Last edited:

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
In terms of damage, Hyper Voice in 2 turns is much better than Hyper Beam in 2 turns.

I'm kinda iffy about EQ when the Typhlosion is Modest with 252 SAtk EV, though I admit its Special movepool kinda sucks. Try checking its Hidden Power?

For Gyarados, maybe Crunch over Toxic.

iloveinfernape

Ok, thank you! I'll update the first post to reflect this. Also, is the Volt Switch a good idea?

I've checked the Cyndaquil's Hidden Power and it is Dark type.

SATB

Life Orb would be a great item to give Jolteon since it needs all the power it can get to go with that speed.
As for Gyarados, use waterfall over aqua tail. Aqua Tail only is like 12.5% stronger while Waterfall never misses in a normal situation, and has a 20% flinch chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.