• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT- Ripping off Rhys

randomspot555

This is, for the most part, my first team I actually put some thought into on Shoddy. I've greatly enjoyed being able to have nearly every legal move available with a few clicks instead of "ah screw it, too much breeding."

This is based off of Rhys' team, located here

The Lead of Awesome
PKMN_No_437___Bronzong_by_Pokedex-99f.jpg

sillyhatsonly (Bronzong) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Light Screen
- Gyro Ball/Earthquake
- Confuse Ray
- Trick

This is basically THE lead that works against all the common leads nowadays. People who think they'll be keeping that Metagross or Swampert around so they can wall teams to no end HATE this guy. They set up Stealth Rock, I give them a Flame Orb and take their Leftovers. Against other Bronzong leads, well, they NEVER pack Trick. I usually get a Lum Berry if I'm up against a Trick Room Zong. Sometimes Meta might give me a Occa Berry.

This serves as a pretty decent special wall without having to resort to Blissey. Confuse Ray helps force out some switches (especially if Magnezone comes in, which can be annoying).

Due to Magnezone being a fairly common switch in, I'm thinking of ditching Gyro Ball for Earthquake.

Light Screen is great team support, and since Rotom is packing Reflect and WOW, I think LS works best here.

The leads that give me problems are quick Taunters, which are usually the common suicide leads, or a few of the Fake Outers. With the exception of Weavile, I usually end up switching in the Rotom form. Weavile w/ Pursuit would screw him over, and that usually isn't seen often. Smeargle/Breloom with Spore usually means Tentacruel is gonna go to sleep. Machamp is seriously annoying, but is a fairly rare lead.

---
The Physical Sweeper
(picture removed, it is huge)
Infernape (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 56 HP/252 Atk/200 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- U-turn
- Fire Punch

Everyone just assumes it'll be some MixApe. But why not just use that ridiculous movepool Ape gets and aim for one stat?

With the additional bulk, it helps Ape comes in on NFE hits and still survive, making him a decent check on Scizor and some of the Rotom forms. Flare Blitz is not favorable due to recoil. Thunder Punch was tested out, but I found it fairly redundant with Rotom around.

After the inevitable Rotom/other ghost is gone, I've had Close Combat just sweep half of a team. Scizor, Heatran, Kingdra, Vaporeon, Skarmory, they all HATE coming in on it. And the only ones with a chance to do anything are those packing priority (ExtremeSpeed, Bullet Punch), and he resists steel!

---
The Lead in the Middle
PKMN_260__Swampert_by_RubisDelaflote-467.jpg

Swag (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/216 Def/40 SDef
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

After I ditch the Flame Orb and maybe set up Confuse Ray, this guy comes in. He's not vital to my strategy, so I'm okay if he dies off after SR is set up. But man, is it great to scout teams with Roar and let them rack up SR damage.

Roar is also a great check on Calm Mind Suicune and other would be sub-abusers.

---
Obligatory Rotom Forme
(no horrible image available)
sledgehammer (Rotom-c) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/160 Def/56 Spd/40 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-o-wisp
- Reflect
- Leaf Storm
- Discharge

I've gottena lot of "lol no Shadow Ball?" but it's job isn't to fight ghosts. It's a great check on Gyarados and Swampert. Scizor's Pursuit does lol damage after WOW is on, and even worse with Reflect. This is by far the best thing about Shoddy, Rotom forms, and I can't wait to try the others out.

I haven't had too many problems with Heatran switch ins, which I haven't seen too much of lately. But they take decent enough damage from Discharge anyway. This is also the guy that handles most of the suicide leads, and I usually end up with 50% or more health left over.

---
Spinner
Tentacruel_by_biohazardjackdaw-0d3.png

shedinja (Tentacruel) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP/76 Def/160 SDef
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Swagger
- Surf

Yeah, no one is particularly SR weak, but that and Spikes, I just don't like the damage racking up. If it comes out early, I can usually predict a Rotom switch in and Knock Off their Leftovers. RS for obvious reasins. Swagger because Confuse Ray is apparently illegal. Surf because Heatran and others were giving me too much trouble without a decent attack.

I originally had Icy Wind to help slow some foes down, but it wasn't worth the move slot.

It does add another grass weakness, but honestly, it hasn't effected me too much. I love Knock Off. It screws up so much stuff.

---
Obligatory Scizor
scizor-59b.jpg
(actually, this picture is pretty good)
gold (Scizor) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP/184 Atk/72 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch
- Swords Dance
- Substitute

With the added speed, Scizor is basically my check on status that isn't early game Spore. I sub up, SD, and see what happens. I can at least weaken a Lucario/Heatran switch in before being forced to switch out. But i've often been lucky enough to get +4 to +6.

The only thing is Gyarados rips this d00d apart, so I have to play this for the later part of the game, or at least make sure Rotom is still healthy.

Last edited:

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Quick nitpick, but why not toxic orb on zong? so at least he is not affected by the status if you run into taunt lead. And at least if that happens you can save it for late game and destroy stalls.

randomspot555

Quick nitpick, but why not toxic orb on zong? so at least he is not affected by the status if you run into taunt lead. And at least if that happens you can save it for late game and destroy stalls.

Because Flame Orb has the added benefit of cutting attack in half, very useful for Metagross, Hippowdon, some variants of Swampert, Bronzong, Tyranitar. And if I encounter one of the handful of leads it can't handle (spore leads, Taunt/suicide/anti leads), it's saved for later in the game. Poisoning a lead Pokemon doesn't have an added benefit, and it won't do anything against other steel leads.

randomspot555

^of course the moment someone uses taunt that whole strategy goes out the window.

Did you bother reading the first post? I clearly outlined what I was going to be doing with Taunt leads. Taunt leads are usually the suicide leads and the Fake Out/anti leads.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Did you bother reading the first post? I clearly outlined what I was going to be doing with Taunt leads, who are almost all the suicide leads.

true that, my current team has one, and just be careful of jirachi's they tend to trick too nowadays...

Last edited:

randomspot555

true that, my current team has one, and just be careful of jirachi's they tend to trick too nowadays...

What's to be careful about? If they Trick, they get a Flame Orb.

Though what I usually do is switch in Infernape, so for their Scarf, they get a Band. I U-Turn Out and see what they do.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
that's actually a good tactic...maybe i should look into that..

of course i need to find a good sixth pokemon to complete my new team first, this team is well built, mine isn't.