• Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT Ryohei's X

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I'm still new to online battles, so please help! This is the team that I decided after experimenting with many of my pokemon.

Note:

- EV : They are all not EV trained. I still need EV reducing berries or something to make their EVs all zero since they are pretty messed up now (thats how it works right?). Im also new to EV Training so please help.
- Items :please also help me choose the items for them to hold, since I suck.
- Strategy : Also please help me choose the strategy by using these pokemon. I mainly (but not limited to) use this team in Triple Battles so any help on strategy mainly in triple battles are appreciated

Feel free to suggest replacing my pokemon with other. FYI I did consider :
-Medicham replacing Gallade
-Alakazam replacing Gengar
-Mega Ampharos replacing Mega Manectric
-Tyranitar replacing Aggron
-Gyarados replacing Milotic
-Dragonite replacing Venusaur
But i decided the following are the best. I might be wrong

~~~~~~~~~~

;003; Venusaur @Oran Berry
Adamant, Overgrow
EVs: (if any)
-Earthquake
-Petal Blizzard
-Toxic
-Synthesis

as tank/support/physical sweeper?

To make opponents poisoned. I'm also thinking of changing Petal Blizzard with other move, since it cal hurt its friends too, but idk any. suggestions?
change item?

~~~~~~~~~~

;350; Milotic @Leftovers
Bold, Marvel Scale
-Dragon Tail
-Recover
-Scald
-Ice Beam

As Tank/special wall?

Bulky.

~~~~~~~~~~

;310; Mega Manectric @Manectite
Timid, Lightning Rod
-Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Light Screen
-Protect

As special sweeper/support?

I think it needs mega stone the most, since it becomes really fast after mega evolving and I like it.
~~~~~~~~~~

;475; Gallade @Choice Band
Adamant, Justified
-Psycho Cut
-Night Slash
-Close Combat
-Sword Dance

As Physical sweeper?

Should I change the item? Does it really need Sword Dance? I really like its speed and its close combat is already strong without Sword Dance. Should I replace close combat with Drain Punch?

~~~~~~~~~~

;094; Gengar @Choice Specs
Timid, Levitate
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Dazzling Gleam
-Sludge Bomb

As special sweeper?

I usually put this in the centre in triple battles so it wont get affected by earthquake by Aggron and/or Venusaur

~~~~~~~~~~

;306; Aggron @Rocky Helmet
Adamant, Rock Head
-Earthquake
-Rock Polish
-Head Smash
-Superpower

As Physical Sweeper/Physical wall?

Should I teach him Heavy slam? Is it worth it to teach it Rock Polish to increase its speed?
~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you!

Last edited:

VerntheNoivern

ALOHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
i say this is a good team, but i have a few suggestions to make.

1. give the venasuar a miracle seed and scrap the oran berry. 10 health really isn't a lot. petal blizzard is ok, but i would prefer something more reliable, like giga drain. iif you will run giga drain get rid of synthesis and use something like poison jab (not sure it can learn it but a good poison move will do.)
2. swords dance is good. not sure if gallade has solid def, though. and close combat is good, but the reducing side effect can be dangerous, and drain punch is more reliable anyway, but it's your choice.
3 i don't like milotic. but it's your team, milotic is good, and gyrados is fine too. i like that gyrados can learn outrage.

as for the natures, i'm new to this as well so sorry can't give u many suggestions.

VerntheNoivern

ALOHAAAAAAAAAAAA!
this advice might be more single oriented, but i don't do triples. if you are doing triples, maybe razor leaf for hitting more than one opponent at one time? gets a good STAB boost and if using miracle seed even better.

hope this helps...

coolerdynastic

Manectric should use Volt Switch for the sake of gaining momentum to send it appropriate check and counters. HP Ice is cool to give Ground types a deadly surprise.
Having a set up move in a Choice item is the worse thing you can even imagine.Remove Swords Dance for Gallde and learn other skills for more coverage like Leaf Blade.
Gengar is frail, Focus Sash should be his best friend

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
i say this is a good team, but i have a few suggestions to make.

1. give the venasuar a miracle seed and scrap the oran berry. 10 health really isn't a lot. petal blizzard is ok, but i would prefer something more reliable, like giga drain. iif you will run giga drain get rid of synthesis and use something like poison jab (not sure it can learn it but a good poison move will do.)
2. swords dance is good. not sure if gallade has solid def, though. and close combat is good, but the reducing side effect can be dangerous, and drain punch is more reliable anyway, but it's your choice.
3 i don't like milotic. but it's your team, milotic is good, and gyrados is fine too. i like that gyrados can learn outrage.

as for the natures, i'm new to this as well so sorry can't give u many suggestions.

this advice might be more single oriented, but i don't do triples. if you are doing triples, maybe razor leaf for hitting more than one opponent at one time? gets a good STAB boost and if using miracle seed even better.

hope this helps...

thank you!

1 ok id love to have giga drain but i dont feel like doing more breeding since its an egg move. It cant learn any physical poison move :S
2 ok!
3 I need at least one bulky pokemon though in my team right

Manectric should use Volt Switch for the sake of gaining momentum to send it appropriate check and counters. HP Ice is cool to give Ground types a deadly surprise.
Having a set up move in a Choice item is the worse thing you can even imagine.Remove Swords Dance for Gallde and learn other skills for more coverage like Leaf Blade.
Gengar is frail, Focus Sash should be his best friend

Thank you!

Ok, i'll try to save BP points to buy Volt Switch. replace Thunderbolt with it?
haha yeah I noticed its stupid. done, replaced with focus sash

Nulava

Banned
Manectric @ Manectrite
Nature: Timid
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
~Volt Switch
~Hidden Power (Ice)
~Overheat
~Thunderbolt

- Volt Switch for Stab and Scouting.
- Thunderbolt for Stab and Consistency.
- Hidden Power (Ice) and Overheat for Coverage.

Give Venusaur a Black Sludge Item so it can recover HP at the end of the turn.

Give Gengar a Life Orb Item so it can utilize all of its moves while still getting the Attack boost.

For Gallade, replace Swords Dance with Stone Edge or Leaf Blade.

Everything else seems fine.
Hope this helps. :)

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
Manectric @ Manectrite
~Volt Switch
~Hidden Power (Ice)
~Overheat
~Thunderbolt

- Volt Switch for Stab and Scouting.
- Thunderbolt for Stab and Consistency.
- Hidden Power (Ice) and Overheat for Coverage.

Give Venusaur a Black Sludge Item so it can recover HP at the end of the turn.

Give Gengar a Life Orb Item so it can utilize all of its moves while still getting the Attack boost.

For Gallade, replace Swords Dance with Stone Edge or Leaf Blade.

Everything else seems fine.
Hope this helps. :)

Gave Venusaur Black Sludge and replaced Swords Dance with leaf Blade for Gallade. :)
But I noticed my Gengar needs Focus sash the most to avoid one hit KO moves :S

And my manectric cant do HP Ice and I dont feel like breeding a new one :S (cause I dont fully understand the breeding mechanics to get certain HP, besides im too attached to this manectric xD). Also, I think I need the Light Screen for my team?

Manectric @ Manectrite
~Volt Switch
~Protect
~Overheat
~Light Screen

Thanks for the suggestions!

~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and I taught my Aggron Heavy slam replacing rock polish. Yay or nay?
Does my Aggron need Heavy Slam? I dont have steel move in my team but I like the 4 moves that Aggron can do.
Adamant, Rock Head
-Earthquake
-heavy Slam
-Head Smash
-Superpower

Can anyone help me determine the EV spread of those 5 pokemon? besides manectric

Last edited:

coolerdynastic

Gave Venusaur Black Sludge and replaced Swords Dance with leaf Blade for Gallade. :)
But I noticed my Gengar needs Focus sash the most to avoid one hit KO moves :S

And my manectric cant do HP Ice and I dont feel like breeding a new one :S (cause I dont fully understand the breeding mechanics to get certain HP, besides im too attached to this manectric xD). Also, I think I need the Light Screen for my team?

Manectric @ Manectrite
~Volt Switch
~Protect
~Overheat
~Light Screen

Thanks for the suggestions!

~~~~~~~~~~

Oh and I taught my Aggron Heavy slam replacing rock polish. Yay or nay?
Does my Aggron need Heavy Slam? I dont have steel move in my team but I like the 4 moves that Aggron can do.
Adamant, Rock Head
-Earthquake
-heavy Slam
-Head Smash
-Superpower

Can anyone help me determine the EV spread of those 5 pokemon? besides manectric

I would suggest Thunderbolt instead of Light Screen as Mega Manectric is meant to be a sweeper. HP Ice Elektrike is easier to breed compared to other HP types.
Keep Volt Switch so that you can hit with Overheat and run using Volt Switch. HP Ice is there so that you can finish off ground types that can block your Volt Switch.

Aggron is definately scary with Rock Polish. A Jolly Aggron can likely outspeed those with base speed stats of 130-140 and hit them hard with Head Smash after a +2 speed from Rock Polish
Aggron @Rocky Helmet
Jolly, Rock Head
EVs: 252Attack,252 Speed, 4HP
-Earthquake
-Rock Polish
-Head Smash
-Iron Head/Heavy Slam/Superpower

I wouldnt recommend superpower due to the drawbacks of reducing your attack and defense. Earthquake+Head Smash pretty much covers every type in the game.
Watch out for the Aggron because you would be getting incoming 4x SE Fighting and Ground attacks, which I believe your Gengar would do the best job when you managed to predict Fighting/Ground moves.
Water types would have to worry about your Venusaur or Manectric.
Note : An Adamant Aggron with +2 Speed can barely outspeed those with base speed of 130. Pretty much a good sweeper in many cases.
here are some list of extra suggestions for each of your pokemon.
Venusaur
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed

Reason behind this because Venusaur isnt very fast and therefore HP investment will prolong his lifespan in battle when you have Synthesis. Quite a good bulky sweeper but prepared to get walled badly by Crobat, Skarmory and Gengar. You may consider Sleep Powder instead of Toxic so you can switch out when they are dreaming.

Milotic@Flame Orb
Evs: 252HP, 252Def/252SP.def,4 Sp.Atk
Make use of Milotic's ability if you can because she would become some crazy physical wall. You shouldnt worry much about the drawbacks of burn since you have Recover to heal yourself. Evs in Def or Sp.Def is optional but it depends on your team on which side you are particularly frail. Some Milotic go in balance Evs from both sides.

Manectric and Gengar should stay at the similar Evs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252Speed and 4 HP
The same goes for Gallade but is 252 Attack instead of Sp.Attack

Ryohei

Shiny Hunter
I would suggest Thunderbolt instead of Light Screen as Mega Manectric is meant to be a sweeper. HP Ice Elektrike is easier to breed compared to other HP types.
Keep Volt Switch so that you can hit with Overheat and run using Volt Switch. HP Ice is there so that you can finish off ground types that can block your Volt Switch.

Aggron is definately scary with Rock Polish. A Jolly Aggron can likely outspeed those with base speed stats of 130-140 and hit them hard with Head Smash after a +2 speed from Rock Polish
Aggron @Rocky Helmet
Jolly, Rock Head
EVs: 252Attack,252 Speed, 4HP
-Earthquake
-Rock Polish
-Head Smash
-Iron Head/Heavy Slam/Superpower

I wouldnt recommend superpower due to the drawbacks of reducing your attack and defense. Earthquake+Head Smash pretty much covers every type in the game.
Watch out for the Aggron because you would be getting incoming 4x SE Fighting and Ground attacks, which I believe your Gengar would do the best job when you managed to predict Fighting/Ground moves.
Water types would have to worry about your Venusaur or Manectric.
Note : An Adamant Aggron with +2 Speed can barely outspeed those with base speed of 130. Pretty much a good sweeper in many cases.
here are some list of extra suggestions for each of your pokemon.
Venusaur
252 HP, 252 Attack, 4 Speed

Reason behind this because Venusaur isnt very fast and therefore HP investment will prolong his lifespan in battle when you have Synthesis. Quite a good bulky sweeper but prepared to get walled badly by Crobat, Skarmory and Gengar. You may consider Sleep Powder instead of Toxic so you can switch out when they are dreaming.

Milotic@Flame Orb
Evs: 252HP, 252Def/252SP.def,4 Sp.Atk
Make use of Milotic's ability if you can because she would become some crazy physical wall. You shouldnt worry much about the drawbacks of burn since you have Recover to heal yourself. Evs in Def or Sp.Def is optional but it depends on your team on which side you are particularly frail. Some Milotic go in balance Evs from both sides.

Manectric and Gengar should stay at the similar Evs: 252 Sp.Attack, 252Speed and 4 HP
The same goes for Gallade but is 252 Attack instead of Sp.Attack

But If i were to keep my Adamant Aggron, would you suggest teaching him rock polish? is it worth it?

I never thought of making sue of Milotic's ability! thanks for that. I'll get a flame orb now for her.

Thanks for the EV spread suggestions too.

~~~~~~~

btw, is there anyone here that has spare time to EV train my 6 pokemon? I can offer something if you want.

coolerdynastic

But If i were to keep my Adamant Aggron, would you suggest teaching him rock polish? is it worth it?

I never thought of making sue of Milotic's ability! thanks for that. I'll get a flame orb now for her.

Thanks for the EV spread suggestions too.

~~~~~~~

btw, is there anyone here that has spare time to EV train my 6 pokemon? I can offer something if you want.

Adamant is still good unless you are facing a Scarf-ed poke. I would prefer Adamant because it can already outspeed many pokemon. Not many are above the 130 base speed tier. You may have to watch out if they are boosted thats all

Thanks to the Horde mechanics and random pokerus, EV training is just way too easy.