• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT that has got me to Rank 415!!

Draco_Patil

Splice Spriter
This is a team which I have been thinking of trying for a long time. So lets take a look-

Strategy:
Do anything to win!

Here we go:

Gengar@ Choice Scarf
Nature: Timid
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 252 SpA / 252Spe / 6HP
~Hypnosis
~Shadow Ball
~Focus Blast
~Thunderbolt

Pretty standard scarfgar set. Hypnosis to cripple leads. Shadow Ball for STAB and unbeaten coverage alongside Focus Blast. T-Bolt just for filler and gyarados. Come in, hypnosis opponent or take them down if i can.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Intimidate
Ev's: 72HP / 252Atk / 184Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Ice fang / thinking of Stone Edge
~Waterfall
~Earthquake

Well I changed taunt to Ice fang for superior coverage, which is a plus. Also reconfigured the EVs for a more powerful and faster Gyara. I have one question - should I replace Ice fang for Stone Edge?

Electivire @ Expert Belt
Nature: Mild
Ability: Motor Drive
Ev's: 76Atk / 180Spe / 252SpA
~Thunderbolt
~HP Ice
~Cross Chop
~Flamethrower

OK the surprise factor. Most people see Electivire and think - "Ooh, gliscor go!". Then smack em with the right move! Works too awesome against gliscor and skarmory.
"Ok its a special vire so ill bring blissey". Wrong again Cross Chop gets you. Great wall breaker recommended by skiddle. Also gives me a special + physical Gyaravire Combo.

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Jolly
Ev's: 252Atk / 252Spe / 6HP
~Brick Break
~Night Slash
~Pursuit
~Ice Shard

This may seem weird- Weavile with no Ice Punch or Life Orb? Well I felt that I really needed a priority move and Pursuit so why not both. Its usualy sent out after pokes are weakened. Life Orb since in lategame you need to be able to cover the types.

Bronzong@ Leftovers
Nature: Sassy
Ability: Levitate
Ev's: 252HP / 100Atk / 156SpD
~Reflect
~Stealth Rock
~Gyro Ball
~Earthquake

This guy is, IMO, a better wall than Skarmory. Equally Adept on both sides of the defensive spectrum, it great. Reflect over Hypnosis as I dont think it makes too much sense to have two sleepers with sleep clause. I send him before the sweepers to set up the rocks and reflect. Overall, awesome.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability:pressure
Nature:Bold
Ev's: 252Hp / 252Def / 6SpA
~Calm Mind
~Surf
~Rest
~Sleep Talk

Calm Mind Shuffle set to take advantage of SR. HP elec for Gyarados. Cant say much about him. He only lacks recovery.

OBVIOUS PROBLEMS:
-No spinner
-No stat absorber
-Breloom destroyed me :(

So there is my team in more than a nutshell. As you can see its quite offensive. I need help though so RMT!!

Last edited:

Connor™

Showstopper
hypnosis + choice item = BAD
switch choice band for life orb / wide lens as life orb increases damage / wide lens increases the accuracy of moves (namely hypnosis).