• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT UU: Blacknight Raikiri

iFi Salamander

I'm a vampire!
An Overview:

Spr_b_5b_379.png
Spr_b_5b_230.png
Spr_b_5b_145.png
Spr_b_5b_178_m.png
Spr_b_5b_429.png
Spr_b_5b_319.png

So this is my first UU team, so I apologize if it is a piece of crap. I will need to test the waters a bit before I become better at working in this tier. Anyways this team works around crippling my opponent with status effects, and then cleaning up the trash. The team is built around rain and reaps quite a few benefits from it. So without further ado meet team Blacknight Raikiri:

The Rain Inducers:

379.gif

Oirmnia (Registeel)@Damp Rock
Clear Body
Careful
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
~Rain Dance
~Seismic Toss
~Stealth Rock
~Toxic

I start up leading with a Registeel that can take a decent bit of damage. During this time I can induce a long standing rain, and spread Stealth Rocks on the opposing team. Seismic Toss is a primary offense if my Registeel finishes his work. Toxic allows me to slowly whittle down any walls that might stand in my team's way, as well as anything else I am having trouble eliminating that isn't steel type. I just Damp Rock over Leftovers to get a long starting rain so I would immediately have to resort to waste a move on Kingdra if I need it.

230.gif

Leviadra (Kingdra)@Life Orb
Swift Swim
Modest
88 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 164 Spe
~Rain Dance
~Draco Meteor
~Hydro Pump
~Ice Beam

The second of my rain inducers. Kingdra can toot his own horn with a Rain Dance and then out-speed most of the UU metagame. Ice Beam will allow me to cripple common UU threats like Nidoking/Queen and Roserade that could otherwise be a pain for my team. This set is pretty straightforward and also serves as my Special Janitor.

The Rain Abusers:

319.gif

Aqualung (Sharpedo)@Life Orb
Speed Boost
Adamant
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
~Protect
~Waterfall
~Crunch
~Earthquake

Sharpedo can dish out an excellent about of damage, and with Waterfall under rain will get excellent STAB. Earthquake can help me deal with tanks like Registeel, and Crunch can counter a switched in Dusclops who might otherwise give me trouble by walling. I can absorb electric moves that might target his frailty by switching Zapdos

145.gif

Raishippu @Leftovers
Lightningrod
Timid
248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
~Substitute
~Thunder
~Hidden Power Ice
~Roost

I decided to run a Substitute set to pick away at my opponent after I have crippled then with supports. Thunder is always nice under rain with a great Paralysis chance to slow my opponent. HP Ice to counter Roserade, and the Nidos. Lightningrod can be abused to absorb attacks for an easy switch in.

Tactical Support:

178.gif

Barlinder (Xatu)@Leftovers
Magic Bounce
Calm
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
~Psychic
~Roost
~Thunder Wave
~U-Turn

Pretty self explanatory here. A STAB move, and MB to keep out entry hazards when I see them coming. I figured Xatu would be useful on my team since I have no Rapid Spinner and very little entry hazards. Why not send them theirs right back at them? TW to slow down opponents that my threaten my janitors. After his work is done U-Turn into the janitors. (Sharpedo and Kingdra)

429.gif

Luna (Mismagius)@Leftovers
Levitate
Timid
252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Shadow Ball
~Will-o-Wisp
~Taunt
~Pain Split

Mismagius serves as my spinblocker as well as tactical team support. WoW can help me cripple bulked up sweepers that might rip through my team, and Taunt will cripple walls I might otherwise have trouble dealing with by preventing them from healing and absorbing their HP with pain split.

That explains about everything, feel free to leave any comments and suggestions, and if it looks fine just leave a #/10.

Last edited:

GreatGonzales

The Master
You should always do a bit of testing before posting in RMT.

Can you explain the EVs on your kingdra? I'm not saying they're bad, but they're uneven.

I can't say I totally understand Zapdos. You're really better off running offensive Zapdos, since it's really not offering much in the way of support, and you already have Xatu and Mismagius for support. They can do everything Zapdos is trying to do, but better. Giving Kingdra Draco Meteor is kind of dangerous, because you are completely crippled offensively after using it. I also think you should go bulkier with Mismagius. Base 105 speed is good enough left alone, but you should invest in bulk.

That's all for now, but this is definitely a good start. Good luck.