• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RMT - White 2 story mode team - "Qunion Saga"

Status
Not open for further replies.

! Q

I do what I want!
Qunion Saga is the name of my ideal, but not competitive, story mode team for White Version 2. (The Qunion in my sig refers to a few members of my Emerald team, the first team I (tried to) built competitively.)
Qunion Saga team rules:
  • EVs, IVs/personalities, natures, moves, and hold items are semi-competitively selected. The Pokemon them selves are not.
  • Take in-game-event Pokemon whenever possible.
  • Select the coolest looking starter.
  • Have two Pokemon by first double battle opportunity and three by the first triple battle. Select coolest Pokemon that fit the rules when available.
  • NO TYPE REPEATS! NO NATURE REPEATS! NO PERSONALITY REPEATS!
  • HM slaves are excluded from all of the above rules. However, some practicality is used in the selection (would you want to Surf on a Marill, or a Lapras?).
  • Have six total members. Five for battles. One for HMs.
:497: Grassilisk
Nature: Rash
Personality: Very finicky
EVs: 252 Atk, 252 SpAtk, 4 Speed
Ability: Overgrow
Item: Big Root
Moves:
~Return
~Giga Drain
~Leech Seed
~Substitute
Posh and upper class, yet ready for battle. Grassilisk is the King of the Snakes.

;448; Archie
Nature: Mild
Personality: Thoroughly cunning
EVs: Atk 128, SpAtk 128, Speed 252
Ability: Inner Focus
Item: Expert Belt
Moves:
~Aura Sphere
~ExtremeSpeed
~Psychic
~Earthquake
Level headed, with a good balance of brawn, brain, and agility. Plus, I like wolves.

:628: Ford
Nature: Jolly
Personality: Likes to fight
EVs: HP 252, Atk 4, Speed 252
Ability: Defiant
Item: Muscle Band
Moves:
~Brave Bird
~Return
~Superpower
~Roost
MURICA! *BEEP* YEAH! Nuf said.

:571: Zoroark
Nature: Hasty
Personality: Proud of its power
EVs: Atk 252, Def 4, SpAtk 252
Ability: Illusion
Item: Bright Powder
Moves:
~Night Daze
~Flamethrower
~Nasty Plot
~U-turn
Trololol. (Not trolling the forum. I just feel like Zoroark trolls the in-game opponents sometimes.)

:637: Ra
Nature: Modest
Personality: Often lost in thought
EVs: Def 4, SpAtk 252, Speed 252
Ability: Flame Body
Item: Rocky Helmet
Moves:
-Fire Blast
-Bug Buzz
-Hurricane
-Quiver Dance
He's a bug that over thinks things. Yea... I'm sorry but I just can't give a personality to a bug.

;055; Golduck
Moves:
~Surf
~Waterfall
~Dig
~Flash
HM slave.
What do ya think? :)

Last edited:

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
You don't need so many Attack EVs on Serperior for just the one move, and that one move is a coverage move anyway as I'd imagine you would be using Giga Drain more. You can afford to dump a lot of those Attack EVs into HP to increase Serperior's stalling capabilities.

Lucario
- Work Up
- Shadow Ball / Dark Pulse
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Punch

This is a more effective mixed Lucario. re: your set, you don't need both EQ and Aura Sphere because they both get similar coverage. Work Up boosts both your offences, which is helpful for a mixed set. Aura Sphere is a reliable Fighting-type STAB move, though Focus Blast is a more powerful (but less accurate) alternative if you'd like to use it. The toss-up between Shadow Ball and Dark Pulse comes down to whether you prefer a potential SpD drop (Shadow Ball) and hence have 2/3 of your moves hit harder, or the potential for a flinch (Dark Pulse). Either way, Dark + Fighting and Ghost + Fighting have extremely good neutral coverage; nothing resists Ghost + Fighting, and only a few resist Dark + Fighting. For your last move, Ice Punch covers your Ground-type weakness nicely.

You definitely don't need to invest in 252 Atk EVs just for U-turn on Zoroark; it's definitely a waste of so many EVs. Since your using Nasty Plot, I would personally just go with Hidden Power [Fighting] > U-turn for good coverage alongside your STAB move (N's Zoroark has the right IVs and nature for a max powered HP [Fighting]), and then put those Attack EVs into Speed so you can sweep more easily. Wise Glasses can work as your item, to boost your SpA.

Hurricane doesn't do much for Volcarona. Either go with Giga Drain for healing and to cover your weaknesses, or Substitute to help in setting up Quiver Dances. Rocky Helmet seems like a bit of an odd choice for an item. With 252 SpA EVs, a Modest nature and Quiver Dance boosts (as well as Volcarona's stellar base SpA stat) you probably don't need an Expert Belt or Wise Glasses, so I would just opt for Leftovers for a bit of healing on the side, while you sweep.

Status
Not open for further replies.