• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rmt

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
Heya guys! Thanks for clicking :D
NOTE: Apart from Breloom, I shall not post the natures, because I do not breed for them.
This team is for battling my friends and use on the Battle Tower.
BTW, this is on HeartGold.

;286; Breloom ;286;
@Toxic Orb
(adament) Poison Heal
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

The obvious choice. A subpunching Breloom, my lead in the Battle Tower. I often don't need other pokemon to get quite far in.

;212; Scizor ;212;
@Muscle Band
Technician
-Swords Dance
-Bug bite
-Bullet punch
-Brick Break

Physical Sweeper
Bug bite is affected by technician and has more power than X-Scissor and lets u nom the opponents berry.
Bullet punch, even with Technician, is a little weaker than Iron head. But it hits first. And Swords Dance is for POWAA anyway ;D
Brick Break for coverage

;330; Flygon ;330;
@Life Orb
Levitate
-Roost
-Draco-Meteor
-Earthquake
-Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Fire Punch

Quite simple. Roost for hp regain, earthquake for STAB, Draco-meteor for emergencies. I'd like a fire move for the last set because Flying/levitate Steel (I MEAN YOU, SKARMORY AND BRONZONG!)
are overused as counters against Flygon. However as a poster below kindly pointed out, most steels have amazing defence, rendering FirePunch redundant. I only put it there so that it can profit from Life Orb and better attack than special.
Note: I am currently running Fly for practicality until I choose another move.

;365; Walrein ;365;
@Leftovers
Thick Fat
-Protect
-Toxic
-Ice beam
-Surf

Your classic Stallrein. No explanation really needed here.

;059; Arcanine ;059;
@ ???
Flash Fire
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Fang
-Iron Head
-Extremespeed

Fire Sweeper. Flare blitz EVERYTHING MUHAHAHAHA
Thunder Fang for water and flying.
Iron tail/head for filler. Extremespeed for priority AND POWAAA!
lol....

;181; Ampharos ;181;
@leftovers
Static
-Focus Blast
-Signal Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder Wave

Special sweeper. Has pretty good coverage.

Finally... Nicknames. The only ones I can nickname are Scizor, Ampharos, Arcanine and Breloom, the others were imported from Ruby. Ampharos is Amphy (HE WAS BEFORE I WENT TO CIANWOOD! STUPID COPYCAT NINTENDO...) and Arcanine is Shisaa, but if you have any good ideas don't refreain from posting!
Any tips?

Last edited:

koosbane

master breeder
;212; Scizor@Life orb
-Technician
~Bullet punch (80 base power + priority > Iron head 100 base power + flinch, which won't happen because scizor is slow.)
~bug bite (does get tech boost)
~swords dance
~Roost (for life orb damage)

Scizor should really be adamant if he is not.

;330; Flygon@choice band/Life orb
Adamant or Jolly
-Levitate
~Earthquake
~Dragon claw/Outrage
~Roost (if you use life orb) Fire punch (if not).
~Stone edge

koosbane

master breeder
ok thx..
How do i get two roostes?

Which version are you using? It is on serebii under the version your playing. In the games section find your version click on it and on the right it says tm/hms click on that and it tells you were the tm is in your game.

Roost is the first tm you get in HG/SS from violet gym. it is on route 210 in D/P.

Zennyboiz

Herr Wailord
As you know, TBolt over Discharge on Ampy. Good team overall though.

Final

I Submit to No One
Heya guys! Thanks for clicking :D
NOTE: Apart from Breloom, I shall not post the natures, because I do not breed for them.
This team is for battling my friends and use on the Battle Tower.
BTW, this is on HeartGold.

;286; Breloom ;286;
@Toxic Orb
(adament) Poison Heal
-Spore
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Seed Bomb

The obvious choice. A subpunching Breloom, my lead in the Battle Tower. I often don't need other pokemon to get quite far in.

SubPunch Breloom is one of my favorite variants of it too. Hehe.

;212; Scizor ;212;
@Muscle Band
Technician
-Swords Dance
-Bug bite
-Bullet punch
-Night Slash/double hit

Physical Sweeper
Not sure about this one's set. If bug bite is affected by technician then it has more power than X-Scissor and lets u nom the opponents berry. Otherwise i might go with X-Scissor.
Bullet punch, even with Technician, is weaker. But it hits first. Any tips?
I don't need night slash for Psychic counter 'cus of bug moves, but my team is non-offensive against Ghost so i do need it. Although i don't know anone who uses ONLY ghost types.

Bug Bite gets the Technician boost. For the last spot, I'd recommend Brick Break so Scizor isn't stopped by Steel Types resistance-wise but if they're not a problem, Night Slash is viable to deal with Ghosts. Without it, only the bulkier ones would present any sort of problem (Dusknoir and Dusclops in particular although they'll need Will-O-Wisp or a Fire move to pose any real threat since they can't do anything back otherwise while you can just set up on them and eventually overpower them) while the frail ones (most notably Gengar and Mismagius) will lose to Bullet Punch and Spiritomb and if you encounter it Sableye will not enjoy a boosted Bug Bite since they don't resist it but be careful of Will-O-Wisp as it will cripple Scizor so don't attempt to set up on them unless you know they lack the move. The same goes for any Fire move really as they won't cripple Scizor but either OHKO it or hurt it so badly it won't be able to do much.

;330; Flygon ;330;
@ ???
Levitate
-Roost
-Draco-Meteor
-Earthquake
-Fly?

Quite simple. Roost for hp regain, earthquake for STAB, Draco-meteor for emergencies. Was considering Thunderpunch to take out water and Flying who are immune to Earthquake. But Fly is more practical.

Fire Blast is a better option over Fly. Especially because of the lack of STAB regarding Fly. For in-game purposes, use a HM slave. The accuracy of Fire Blast means it will miss when you don't want it to but the extra power is necessary over Flamethrower because of Flygon's rather low base Special Attack (at least compared to its Attack) and it hits most floating Steel types harder than Fire Punch or ThunderPunch would since most have lower Special Defense than Defense and because of the sheer base power of Fire Blast. Also, keep in mind, you have other Pokemon on the team to take care of Water Types and Flygon's other shortcomings. Namely Breloom and Ampharos. Life Orb is probably the best hold item for this set.

;365; Walrein ;365;
@Leftovers
Thick Fat
-Protect
-Toxic
-Ice beam
-Surf

Your classic Stallrein. No explanation really needed here.

Looks OK. Substitute is good if you can find room for it since Walrein is quite bulky and it means your opponent will have another obstacle to get through if they want to get to Walrein which means another turn of Toxic damage. Then again, Walrein in general works better on a Hail team with the Ice Body ability to replenish its HP.

;059; Arcanine ;059;
@ ???
Flash Fire
-Flare Blitz
-Thunder Fang
-Iron Tail/Iron Head
-Extremespeed

Fire Sweeper. Flare blitz EVERYTHING MUHAHAHAHA
Thunder Fang for water and flying.
Iron tail/head for filler. Extremespeed for priority AND POWAAA!
lol....​

Thunder Fang is indeed Arcanine's best move against Water Types but the low base power is a bit of a letdown in that area. Crunch is another option that could go on this set but everything here seems to fit him just fine. This set is asking for a Choice Band.

;181; Ampharos ;181;
@leftovers
Static
-Focus Blast
-Signal Beam
-Discharge
-Thunder Wave

I'd like T-Bolt but I can't remember where to get it. Has pretty good coverage.

Any tips?

Apparently TM24 (Thunderbolt) on Heart Gold/Soul Silver is found in Cerulean Cave or in the Goldenrod Game Corner as a prize so yeah, when you get it, use it over Discharge. The second Roost as already mentioned needs to be transferred from another game as it's one of those, once per game TMs.

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
Ok thanks for the help. I was meaning to go to Cerulean anyways (I reckon Mewtwo is in there, but I don't want to check on the web. I laik surprises.)
That means that Amphy, Breloom and Shisaa (Arcanine) are perfect right?

Last edited:

jartboy

ALAKAZAM!
Those are all pretty good, But you should replace Protect on Walrein with sheer cold. If i remember correctly, mine learned it when i went to the move tutor, But thats in my Heartgold game so i dont know about yours.

Ludakrix

Legen-waitforit-dary
OHKO Moves are near useless, so no Sheer Cold.

Flygon@Wise Glasses
Modest Nature

Earth Power
Dragon Pulse
Fire Blast
Draco Meteor

or Mix-Flygon

Flygon@Life Orb
Lonely Nature

Draco Meteor
Fire Blast
Earthquake
Outrage

or CB-Flygon

Flygon@Choice Band
Adamant Nature

Outrage
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Fire Punch

Take your pick! all of these sets are better than the one youre running imo, and it solves your problem of who gets roost. Happy battling!

thaBlob

< He no liek mudkipz
Those are all pretty good, But you should replace Protect on Walrein with sheer cold. If i remember correctly, mine learned it when i went to the move tutor, But thats in my Heartgold game so i dont know about yours.

1HKO moves are awful, only 35 accuracy. Walrein already knew it, i got rid of it for Toxic. Anyway Protect is there for Toxic Stall-enemy gets double the poison damage and Lefties work twice!

@Predator33

Thanks for posting, although I already used Roost. I like it and have changed item to Life orb (roost is there for the recovery). Also with boosted attack I need the Physical Earthquake over Special Earth Power. Fire Blast and flamethrower have more power than Fire punch but with Life Orb Flygon might be able to make up for that and keep accuracy... I really don't like Fire Blast, never seems to hit. Also I said that I wouldnt rebreed but thanks for posting :)