• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[RMXP] Pokemon: Imperial Sky

Grovyl

Who dun dug diglett?
Oh wow. This is awesome, y'all put in so much work. I'll definitely be playing it!

iaza11265068937700.png

That top right one looks awesome!

LokiTheGengar

Sith Lord Victorious
Whoa, is that a hobbit hole in the top middle picture? That's awesome! The game looks amazing, but can we see a front sprite of Mosachuset? It's so big I can't really tell what it looks like.

And the changing clothing based on weather is really cool too.

-Raiga-

Not much to show for the project recently, most of the work is stuff thats difficult to show like in-game eventing, attack animations, and the such.

Anyways, while its uncertain if we're animating the sprites, here are two that I whipped up, simply to keep things active.(aquakip did the original sprites of both of course)

Bambouse.gif
Fernlinganimation.gif

Yes, simple, I know.

It does bring up a point I was about to make though, which is that we'd be all for it if anybody wants to join the team and animate the sprites. It'd be a great opportunity for anyone who just wants to have fun spriting, and have it actually be used for something, plus meet and work with the great team we have.

If anyone is interested in the slightest, just v.m or p.m. me. Thanks, and enjoy!

noobiess

6 different pokemon
I really like the animations, they look really smooth.
The second one looks like he isn't capable flying of flying straight though.

I might want to animate a few maybe.
I'll try it first on my own fakemon to see I don't suck too hard ;)
I also don't want to know all the pokemon yet. I think it's great that you can start the game without knowing the pokemon.

-Raiga-

Yes, the second one I planned for it to jump the other direction, thus why it looks like its kind of lopsided right now.(it was my first one though, so I just wanted it done)

Anyways, if you want to animate a few, that'd be perfect, it'd be nice to actually have various people doing them instead of one or two, as the results would be much different. And if you're concerned about seeing the dex, I can show you only the first 40 or whatever.(keep in mind there will be 250, so thats not much at all)

I would also love to have a go at animating some of the sprites. I've never animated sprites before but I have some (limited) experience with spriting, I'll PM you some of my stuff if you want. I'll see if I can animate one of the starters on the first page or something. What program do you use?

millarc3005

Born a legend!
I animated Kittorch; my second ever animated sprite!

kittorch-ani.gif

Hope the team like it!

EDIT* Heres a userbar aswell:

kittorch-ani-1.gif

Last edited:
I animated Kittorch; my second ever animated sprite!

kittorch-ani.gif

Hope the team like it!

EDIT* Heres a userbar aswell:

kittorch-ani-1.gif

Oh fudge. I've just spend ages trying to animate Kittorch!
Yours is really good though. I still can't find a good program to make the gif on, so any help there would be good, but I've used an online thingie to do it. It's given me an annoying watermark, if anyone can help me with finding a good program I can get rid of it, I'm quite proud of the animation really, its my first one.

Lion.gif

If you want to see the individual frames:
Untitled.png

Anyways, I've had an idea, I don't know how flexible the program you're using is, but how about having multiple animations for each pokemon depending on what nature it is? You could use one for brave, jolly, hasty etc and then another for sturdy, lax etc. It could be a nice feature, but it would be quite a bit of work on animations.

Last edited:

millarc3005

Born a legend!
It would take a lot of time on scriptings but it's a possibilty. But its not up to me, Its up the the scripter. Oh and I'll edit that animation:

kittorchisanimated.gif

Get gimp, thats what I do the animations on.

Thank'ee kindly for that, and also for the tip about gimp. Well, until anyone can send me some sprites to animate (assuming you want my help) I think I'll try and do that black and white bird thing from the front page. I think it's called Baythee or something.

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Hi,
I've been really busy and sick lately, but I got time now.
I started looking for the 'rules' for animating B/W-style but I couldn't find anything.
Do you have to use 20 frames? And does it have to have some kind of pattern?

For the kittorch animation: I like Ψosiden's animation more but I thing it's body also has to move verticaly when it 'scratches on the ground'

millarc3005

Born a legend!
Ye it is better. I t can be any frames you want but recommended 15 and over. There is usually 2 or 3 normal animations then the rare animation as you can see in the kittorch one.

-Raiga-

Wow! I didn't expect a sudden surge of people wanting to animate so quickly!

Anyways, first things first, before you all get way too excited, keep in mind this is simply something that I and aquakip thought would be cool. This has in no way, been implemented into the game yet.

HOWEVER, there are some seemingly possible ways to do it, which I've been looking into. Do realize that I do all the sounds, all the attack animations, various 3d graphics, some fakemon designs, and other things for the game. So I don't have time to be looking up scripting stuff that often(not like we have a scripter, but you get the point).

Anyways, for all those interested(great job Ψosiden!), here are the official rules I'm going with.

1. The animation can either be one longer animation, OR two shorter normal animations followed by a rare animation. I have examples below.

2.Keep the file size under 20Kb for smaller pokemon, 30Kb for normal pokemon, and 40Kb for final starters, legends, etc. This is more rule of thumb, then a strict policy, just bear in mind we have file size to think about. However, don't sacrifice quality for the rule, if its 3kb more and looks that much better, do it.

3.While many have yet to sprited, if you do a front sprite for a particular pokemon, plan on doing the backsprite. This will only be the case if aquakip does exact detail to detail sprites like black and white. If he doesn't, obviously the animations can be different and different people can do them.

4. Image size is up in the air as of now. Just make sure to save the frames(if in paint) or xcf.(if in gimp) as the sprites will be enlargened for the new screen res.

5. Not a rule, but thanks for any help! It means a lot.

One animtion example
Venochnid2.gif

Two normal/1 rare animation example
Bambouse.gif

noobiess

6 different pokemon
Sorry! I totaly forgot about this.
I made 2 B/W animations and I think I'll be able to help. I would like to do nr 18 :)

-Raiga-

Sorry! I totaly forgot about this.
I made 2 B/W animations and I think I'll be able to help. I would like to do nr 18 :)

Go right ahead, it hasn't been done yet. I will tell you to not go too crazy with the animations, after a few experiments I think the version of the game we are using might be too old to use them.

But we can still use the already created ones for promotional purposes. Plus I will still be trying to get the animations to work too, obviously.

-Raiga-

geez, I'd like to help animate, but I don't know where to find these sprites on the front page maybe?

The reason you don't see them is because we don't want to just release the dex for everyone to see haha.

But like I said, right now I don't really need people animating until we'd actually be able to get them to work.

Angeltripper

♥ Ace ♥
oh ;_; ok. can you at least tell me 2 things?

1. how did you make that trailer?
2. what do you have to download for gen 5 sprites?

Aquakip

Mud in my veins
oh ;_; ok. can you at least tell me 2 things?

1. how did you make that trailer?
2. what do you have to download for gen 5 sprites?

Well, Evan and I made the trailer with iMovie HD.
And I'm not so sure what you mean by that second question, haha.

--

Anyways.

Everyone, I'm really sorry about the little amount of progress on the game as of late. We're really trying to get a lot of it done and actually forgot about the threads for a while. haha. But nevertheless, there is progress being made!