• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RNGing in Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roughneck JB

Congrats on the capture :)
Sucks about the PID advancements though. I have some spare Chatots if you need them.

I personally use the Luxury Ball for all my RNG captures, but if you want something that matches Terrakion better, I'd say Timer, Ultra or Premier

As for Pokecheck and the Subway, I have to save the game to use those methods, meaning if I get an incorrect IV spread (which is likely) I'm stuck with it and can't try again...

et367

Beginning RNGer
hmm, yeh, forgot about the battle subway, the level 1 gets matched to level 50 standards, IVs included

Exprima

Pokemang
But, enough of Virizion! I'm soon going to capture a Terrakion, and yet again I have problems choosing a suitable ball. Any ideas?
I think a Timer or Repeat Ball would be good for Terrakion, or just a regular Pokeball. Btw I kinda wanna get started on RNGing, is it really a lot of work? I looked at the guide and just got overwhelmed by all the info in there.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
I think a Timer or Repeat Ball would be good for Terrakion, or just a regular Pokeball. Btw I kinda wanna get started on RNGing, is it really a lot of work? I looked at the guide and just got overwhelmed by all the info in there.

i thought the same thing.. but you'd be surprised what your brain can handle once you actually assert yourself and try.

Aegon

I'm aware of that trick, but I have 4 Rare Candies in the file with Espeon and Lv14 does not give me exact IVs, whether that be with Metalkid's calculator or Serebii's calculator.

As for your Synchroniser, Elgyem are pretty common on the top of Celestial Tower. Just take something with Thunder Wave to check for Synchronise, and catch as many different-natured ones as you can
I'm hatching Munna eggs, in hopes for a Bold-natured Synchroniser. I've got a Calm one, but I'd prefer to get the best-possible one. These eggs hatch fast, at least.

||Caboose||

Precision.
I havent tried it yet, but Ir-GTS-bw does the same thing but you don't put your pokemon on a website you just put in on your computer and it saves like a pokesav .pkm file.

Panbobo

MASUTA BOORU
Finally! after 5 days of trying to RNG my DW Espeon, i got this fella by accident, while catching it to calibration purposes. It may not be perfect but hey, i like it!

196.gif

Espeon - #196 (Modest)
HP: 3
Att: 27
Def: 23
SpA: 29
SpD: 25
Speed: 31
Notes: Caught while calibrating​

BryFy354

Beginning Trainer
*sigh* I've finally done...a successful RNG breed!!! It's actually not as difficult as I thought it would be. It just takes A LOT of patience. Update in sig as usual...

Roughneck JB

Ahh, I remember my first RNG breed... My Gengar, Silence. (Timid, Flawless, Has Disable)
I know just how irritating it is to hit your seed with all those NPCs running around Route 3, so congratulations are well-deserved :)

As for me, Espeon can wait til I gather more Rare Candies!
I have now decided to embark on a glorious RNG quest: To replace every shiny stored in my lost copy of Pearl. Already got Carvanha, next up: Lapras & Slowbro. Then a LOT more...

AlexKZ

So I've been doing a few RNG lately. I'm mainly doing it to breed better pokemon. Check out my most recent one:

Spr_5b_624.png

#624. Pawniard
OT: Alex | ID No.: 18992 | Gender: F
Nature: Adamant | Ability: Defiant | Type: Dark/Steel
Hidden Power: Dragon (As if I'd use it...)
IV: 27/31/30/29/29/29
Moves: Faint Attack | Scary Face | Metal Claw Slash​

I'll probably use her to breed another Pawniard with egg moves later on. I really want one with sucker punch, so I'll need to go get a good poke with it.

et367

Beginning RNGer
right, so, turning outside of grass/cave is unreliable in increasing PID frame, but when you turn in grass it increases it by 1 or 2?

Too Funk to Druck

I am America
So I've succeeded in RNGing a shiny Cobalion(Thank you A d v e n t™ for helping me with any questions I had, including the ones that involved me failing at math.) It's timid, but the HP and the Defense IVs are crap because I was lazy, and I'm just going to give it to a friend who doesn't battle competitively anyone. But, at least I know I can do it now.

And as per a challenge A d v e n t™ put me up to, my next challenge will be either a shiny quint flawless jolly Virizion or a shiny timid HP Ice Virizion.

Status
Not open for further replies.