• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RNGing in Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
this thread isn't a step by step, ask questions non-stop type of thread.

go to the smogon thread, READ IT, WATCH the videos.. and learn. they actually are pretty great at getting you started and learning how to do ****

Red421

Uses Ubers
anyone ever tell you were unpleasant? or maybe you found a way to justify posting to complain over other people posting questions?

Alisa180

To everyone who wants to know an easy way to check a Pokemon's IVs to see if they're correct, try Pokemon Online. Use the Teambuilder, specify the Pokemon, the IVs you want, the Nature, and the level. After you capture the Pokemon, check its stats. If its stats don't match up to what PO says they should be, then you have the wrong IVs. Its what I do.

jolteon135

To everyone who wants to know an easy way to check a Pokemon's IVs to see if they're correct, try Pokemon Online. Use the Teambuilder, specify the Pokemon, the IVs you want, the Nature, and the level. After you capture the Pokemon, check its stats. If its stats don't match up to what PO says they should be, then you have the wrong IVs. Its what I do.
Why would you do that when there's an IV calculator in RNG reporter? Plus there are many IV calculators online. An IV calculator is more useful than PO because knowing what the wrong IVs are helps you to figure out what you did wrong.

Arsène

Poke_Cannon, a good number of your posts don't contribute to the actual discussion at all. Not everybody is interested in Smogon's method of explanation.

Poke_Cannon

Beck is my boy'
Poke_Cannon, a good number of your posts don't contribute to the actual discussion at all. Not everybody is interested in Smogon's method of explanation.

If someone wants a step by step guide.. take it to PM or Messenger. And ask for the attack towards me.. I actually answer plenty of the constant questions asked here, but thank you.

Arsène

If someone wants a step by step guide.. take it to PM or Messenger. And ask for the attack towards me.. I actually answer plenty of the constant questions asked here, but thank you.

No. We are here to answer questions and guide beginners through the process until they succeed, whether you're a fan of the prospect or not.

And ask for the attack towards me.. I actually answer plenty of the constant questions asked here, but thank you.

Poke_Cannon, a good number of your posts(...)

Seems this was lost in translation.

R a g h u

Can someone guide me on how to find my SID please?

I dont have an AR..if there is anyone out there who can help me out by finding my SID please PM me. :)

Red421

Uses Ubers
Can someone guide me on how to find my SID please?

I dont have an AR..if there is anyone out there who can help me out by finding my SID please PM me. :)

http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/ ...like others have said if you need more help just ask (this is actually something i've figured out how to do =P)

;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;;486;

I want to see results.. not constant questions. BLEH.

this thread isn't a step by step, ask questions non-stop type of thread.

go to the smogon thread, READ IT, WATCH the videos.. and learn. they actually are pretty great at getting you started and learning how to do ****

You're 27.. how have you not learned to do things on your own.. or STUDY to know something..

I had at one point decided to let this go ...only to get to the last page again and find you hadn't. without further ado, a hypocrite:

i downloaded the rng reporter.. watched a few videos.. but damn.. it's prett confusing.

so.. is sweet scent really necessary for rng abuse? [that isn't stationary pokemon]

also.. what's the real difference between legit stat hacked pokemon from an AR... and a rng pokemon with the same stat spread, ivs, shininess, etc.

if both can go on wifi and the vgc, does it really matter?

i just cant get this right.. .i have the RNG Reporter 9.81 i used sweet scent in the wild, caught a Tranquill, and rare candied to 100 to check IVs.. i put it in the system.. and it came up with results... but after that.. the video i was watching.. wasn't doing the same thing i was able to do.

different version or something..

but to be honest.. im just horribly lost.

i need guidance so bad.. i just want to learn this.

thanks for the guide.. but i honestly think it's just.. over my head completely.

ive tried and tried for 2 hours.. but i just can't get it.

question though.

has anyone else felt like me? felt retarded and pathetic for not knowing how to do this correctly? and then finally figuring it out and being like.. "oh.. wow.. thats it?"

because that would be a good boost of hope.

I have a sweet scent pokemon.

with that that the RNG Reporter.. can i get a wild encounter RNG Pokemon?

by just.. SS = [Sweet scent]

SS, RNG the seed, finding the seed for the IVs.. then SS again on the exact second, to get the spread i want? or is that not possible?

so once i get my parameters.. i never have to calibrate again?

well... did the wild encounter stuff to get the seed and whatnot for the Vicinti event..

did all the right things, took 128 steps with 5 pokes in my party [frame 6], and ended up with the IVs no where near the 31s i put for.

ugh..

of course i selected "stationary".

i did everything you just posted about as well. the only thing that you lost me on is "have 2 or 3 button presses selected so that you get frame 1 results"

seriously? so changing to 2 or 3 was the only thing that was stoping me? [hopefully]

thanks for more tips.. be trying it later.

question, i want to RNG for a shiny starter.. [aka, restart my game and get one], how do i go about this? stationary? gift? what.

howcome the time finder sometimes doesn't generate any results?

getting shiny pokemon seem wayyyyy over my head. i think i'll just stick to the regular ones lol.

wanna work on gift pokemon now.. like starters and so on.

is it basically the same as sweet scenting?

ahhh.. i see. thank you so much.

now a step is a step.. not a turn, correct?

because i want to RNG the viciniti event... so all i need to do is walk 128 steps and end up in front of it to talk.. and im set? same with gifts?

edit; additional question, if i start a new game [to RNG my starter, new team, etc..] will i have to get new parameters? or will everything stay the same.

yeah, good call.

So... NPCs... how do they affect people RNGing?

is it just the people? or everything.. including the flowers that move on the grass, and computers [in your bedroom when you pick starters] that have a blinking screen.

whaaa... you can get shiny pokes? ugh :(

PM me!

i can do regular iv catches. but shininess elludes me.

what do you mean by hitting both frames at once.. does it sound harder than it really is? any tips would be great, if you can pm me any.

so im working on making my rng starter shiny.. i basically understand the concept but 1 thing.. what does 'encounter slot' mean, does that matter for the gift starters?

ahh, nice. and you posted before i could edit another question.. so here it is.

nearby shiny, does that column mean... advancement of frame? or..

well since i cant get a Chatot as im RNGing the starter pokemon [gift], i guess saving the game -said frames- will have to do.

edit:

now, i have everything loaded and implemented... but what do i subract so i figure out the frame to hit.

is it simply frame 1 - frame 260.. so i have to hit 259 to get the shiny tepig?

that was my secret way of asking how to get my wild shiny. lol.

but what if i have a frame higher than 6 for my IVRNG? how do i advance that?

its funny how explanations like these are more helpful than the actual guides.

lol? relax bud. obvious sarcasm should be obvious.

yeah, the video definitely let me get started at the task. but when videos and posts are just a general description with no real personality, i feel like it lacks in helpfulness. ;024;

question about wild shinies though. so say i have to walk 128 steps with 5 pokemon to advance to frame 6. [then do chatters for pidrng of course] well do i stop to get the pokemon? does my last step need to be into a patch? or what.

</mirror>

Last edited:

Zuzu14

buttd
OMG LOL pokecannon got owned. Also, went back and got Terrakion after my break from learning RNG, I'll edit this post later with the stats etc, currently on my iPhone.

Thanks to everyone thy helped me start learning RNG, you guys were a big help.

Red421

Uses Ubers
first intentionally abused poke *flawless jolly axew* ...when going for him in mistralton cave ...hitting the right seed on the right timer0 I got properly IV'd woobats on the first floor ...it would always be those woobats (not counting wrong timer0 pokes) correct? so luckily the second floor was axew =) still have a lot to learn but i'm def happy with the start.

Poketmonsta0310

The damn Timer0 is messing me around right now ): I'm trying to get a flawless shiney cobalion, but I cant get the seed right cause my timer0 is off. I found the seed I'm getting, but I have no idea how I can get it to go on the right one :/

yeah 5 mins after finally learning how to RNG, poke cannon starts acting like he created the whole concept. Some of the things he said on the shiny thread were outta line also just stirring up trouble.

poke cannon's attitude = fail... please show some humility

Red421

Uses Ubers
i want to RNG in my Black for trades, does RNGing work in Flashcards?
the guides don't say that you can't, though they do say don't. they also say that if you're having trouble with RNG Reporter working for you it's likely that it's because you're not using a retail version of the game and not that RNG Reporter isn't working.

jolteon135

first intentionally abused poke *flawless jolly axew* ...when going for him in mistralton cave ...hitting the right seed on the right timer0 I got properly IV'd woobats on the first floor ...it would always be those woobats (not counting wrong timer0 pokes) correct? so luckily the second floor was axew =) still have a lot to learn but i'm def happy with the start.
It was always woobats because you didn't advance the PIDRNG by viewing Chatot's summary/saving.
Right click the seed in the time finder, copy to clipboard and paste it in the main window where it says seed (hex). Choose method 5 PIDRNG, choose the encounter type (wild in this case) and choose a sync nature if you're using a synchronizer then generate. "Calculate initial PID frame." That your starting PID frame. Figure out how many times you need to view Chatot's summary (with a chatter recorded) to advance to the PID frame you want.
Anyways, congrats. :)

I lol'd so hard. Anyways, i want to RNG in my Black for trades, does RNGing work in Flashcards?
Yes it's possible. The search range has to be much larger to find your parameters for a flashcard though. Your best bet is to keep widening the parameter search until it returns a result.

P.S. The guide says don't ask about it because no one knows the exact search range for each flashcard. You're just going to have to figure it out by yourself.

Last edited:

Poketmonsta0310

Does anybody know anything about how/why the Timer0 changes? I'm trying to hit a C80 seed but I keep getting C7F seeds ingame.

I know I got the right seed the first time I tried but I was checking I could get the seed, which kinda failed cause I would have been done by now otherwise...

Wardek

U & I
Yes it's possible. The search range has to be much larger to find your parameters for a flashcard though. Your best bet is to keep widening the parameter search until it returns a result.

P.S. The guide says don't ask about it because no one knows the exact search range for each flashcard. You're just going to have to figure it out by yourself.

Good to hear, now i have to learn how to RNG, and then come to the Parameter. Though is Emulator RNGing same as Flashcard RNGing/Normal RNGing?

Status
Not open for further replies.