• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RNGing in Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red421

Uses Ubers
It was always woobats because you didn't advance the PIDRNG by viewing Chatot's summary/saving.
Right click the seed in the time finder, copy to clipboard and paste it in the main window where it says seed (hex). Choose method 5 PIDRNG, choose the encounter type (wild in this case) and choose a sync nature if you're using a synchronizer then generate. "Calculate initial PID frame." That your starting PID frame. Figure out how many times you need to view Chatot's summary (with a chatter recorded) to advance to the PID frame you want.
Anyways, congrats. :)
so the PID can also change poke species rather than just nature / gender etc of one species of pokemon?

first shiny =) last night I either messed up saving 185 times (not all that likely as I was writing down ever save =P) or hit the wrong timer0 ...this morning found just for the sake of figuring out shinies a frame one / starting frame shiny and viola first sweet scented poke was shiny =) great thread guys thank you all.

blonde_1

To do RNGs: 0
so the PID can also change poke species rather than just nature / gender etc of one species of pokemon?

Correct, the PID controls the nature, ability, species, and gender. It can also determine whether a sync'er will work or not, or whether it has a held item or not.

Wardek

U & I
May someone answer my question about Emulator RNGing in my previous page, please?
Also, what is PID?

BryFy354

Beginning Trainer
Well I have a double update. Two more successful breeds.

546s.gif

Timid
30/31/30/31/8/31

564s.gif

Brave
30/30/30/30/30/14​

Red421

Uses Ubers
Good to hear, now i have to learn how to RNG, and then come to the Parameter. Though is Emulator RNGing same as Flashcard RNGing/Normal RNGing?
I'm fairly certain that a mac address is an integral part of rng reporter working ...is there a way to have a mac address associated with an emulator?

Also, what is PID?

It seems to be a way just to refer to everything the game allows to be changed at one time (in PID's case "Correct, the PID controls the nature, ability, species, and gender. It can also determine whether a sync'er will work or not, or whether it has a held item or not. ") with abusing the RNG mechanics of the game you'll find you can either always get the same pokemon with the same everything most specifically the same IVs by not advancing any frames what so ever or get the IV frame you want and then work further to advances "PID frames" where you'll get the same IV spread but different everything else each advancement or the like.

Well I have a double update. Two more successful breeds.

546s.gif

Timid
30/31/30/31/8/31

564s.gif

Brave
30/30/30/30/30/14​
very very cool =D best of luck with all future successes =)

I'd like to try for an IV abused swarm pokemon (they don't seem to have encounter slots though I haven't quite figured out encounter slots anyway) now that I know PID advancement can change species I suppose in a place like route 5 with all the NPCs the species will be relatively random ...a SEED's IV spread is it only good for your first capture? seems it would be ...I'll update if I figure anything out before answered. thanks.

Wardek

U & I
I'm fairly certain that a mac address is an integral part of rng reporter working ...is there a way to have a mac address associated with an emulator?

I don't know, Bond has RNG'd in a Emulator to get his Flawless Jolteon.

It seems to be a way just to refer to everything the game allows to be changed at one time (in PID's case "Correct, the PID controls the nature, ability, species, and gender. It can also determine whether a sync'er will work or not, or whether it has a held item or not. ") with abusing the RNG mechanics of the game you'll find you can either always get the same pokemon with the same everything most specifically the same IVs by not advancing any frames what so ever or get the IV frame you want and then work further to advances "PID frames" where you'll get the same IV spread but different everything else each advancement or the like.

How can i find my PID? Or is it the ID that is shown in the Trainer Card?

Replies in bold.

Red421

Uses Ubers
Replies in bold.
you wont actually have a set PID yourself ...a PID "frame" is what is generated by rng reporter and that one "pid frame" that you shoot for to get the nature / shininess etc seems to be just like one of numerous possible PID frames at any given time.

edit: bond697 I'm fairly certain has very extensive knowledge when it comes to like the coding involved in a games mechanics ...my thinking is it's possible that he may have had to figure out the coding for his select emulator and it *may* not be something that can translate to other emulators ..he'll probably show up eventually with useful info =)

Last edited:

ZottenDim

Breeding Rookie
how can you recognize a shiny Seed? and could any1 explain me the PIDrng thingie smogon confuses me ...

V4LOVER

chirp
Just did my third successful RNG in Black. Result:

375.gif

Naughty
30/31/30/4/31/11​

Nature could be better, but I'm quite happy with this one, especially with the catch rate...as well as Volcarona's constant activation of Flame Body, causing me to encounter this target 5 times before catching it. @-@

EDIT:

how can you recognize a shiny Seed? and could any1 explain me the PIDrng thingie smogon confuses me ...

PIDRNG is the process of advancing the PID frame to get the desired nature/gender/ability/shininess. Once you've hit your desired seed in-game and have advanced the target frame taking steps on normal ground, you can do any of these three (technically four) methods to advance the PIDRNG frame:

~ Walk or Turn once in grass or ground with wild Pokemon: +2
~ Listen to a recorded Chatter on the summary screen: +1
~ Save your game: +1
~ Moving NPCs: Unknown, depends on NPC. This is unreliable and usually will result in off frames if not controlled correctly.

Once you've advanced to the target frame and PIDRNG frame, you can Sweet Scent/fish/interact to find your Pokemon, catch it, and verify by checking the nature, ability (if there are two possible abilities for the target), and gender (if applicable). If you are encountering a wild Pokemon and multiple levels are available, you may look at the level in order to determine the encounter slot.

EDIT 2: Can someone explain to me how egg RNG is different from plain Standard RNG? I try to attempt an egg RNG, and my frame is always off. Could it possibly be the moving NPCs on Route 3? If so, how can I control this?

Last edited:
Some nice success this evening.

285s.gif

31/31/31/X/31/31 with focus punch​

As for egg RNG. Getting the IV is exactly the same as any wild encounter, but you start on frame 8. As for the PIDRNG element, your starting frame for that is given on the reporter as usually around 40ish, but on route 3 the starting frame is normally around 50-55.

Grab an egg a few times with and without chatting to try and work out what exactly the starting frame is, then chatter away from that point. Remember to watch out for anomalies caused by our best friend, the timer0.

The only thing you can do on route 3 to cut down the frame skips is to bring up the menu screen and catch an egg as quickly as you can, hopefully before any NPCs decide to move. It will happen, but keep at it, as long as you know what frame you start on and what you're aiming for, it should come.

EDIT: Also, remember that the frame results are first set for the pokemon THEN the parents IVs are transfered over, so unless you have perfect natured parents, expect some odd results sometimes with the IVs.

V4LOVER

chirp

285s.gif

As for egg RNG. Getting the IV is exactly the same as any wild encounter, but you start on frame 8. As for the PIDRNG element, your starting frame for that is given on the reporter as usually around 40ish, but on route 3 the starting frame is normally around 50-55.

Grab an egg a few times with and without chatting to try and work out what exactly the starting frame is, then chatter away from that point. Remember to watch out for anomalies caused by our best friend, the timer0.

The only thing you can do on route 3 to cut down the frame skips is to bring up the menu screen and catch an egg as quickly as you can, hopefully before any NPCs decide to move. It will happen, but keep at it, as long as you know what frame you start on and what you're aiming for, it should come.

EDIT: Also, remember that the frame results are first set for the pokemon THEN the parents IVs are transfered over, so unless you have perfect natured parents, expect some odd results sometimes with the IVs.
Okay, thanks. It probably was the frame. I have tried to take into account IVs as well. :)

EDIT: Forgot to say grats on the Shroomish! :D

Last edited:

Red421

Uses Ubers
=) for sure

K I assume you know you're SID (secret ID) and Trainer ID if not http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/ for your secret ID ...K it seems as though shiny seed finding is nearly as easy as IV seed finding.

Open up rng reporter (hopefully you're not on mac?) and go to time finder (also hopefully you have your parameters set) in time finder choose method 5 standard seed. below that wild pokemon as encounter type (easiest for testing me thinks). encounter slot any. in the vertical stats column enter a couple (I did two for my first try) stats you're looking for (or just a couple random ones) in the empty squares and from the drop downs next to those squares choose the == for the stats you want and leave all others as none. I personally for my first try left the ability and nature drop downs as any as I wanted to try and find an easy "shiny seed" to hit. by easy I mean fewest saves / chattot recording PID frame advancements. Also this is on the capture tab for the record. set year / month boxes to what ever you want and min / max at the top left to 1 for both. finally on the far right enter your trainer ID, SID and check the "search for nearby shiny frames box" ...i forgot click the ds parameters tab at the top and deselect keypresses if they're enabled (ease of use for testing again me thinks.) click generate.

your results. "nearby shiny" is the "pid frame" you're going to aim for via "PID frame advancement" (for future reference.) to quickly learn the ropes right click any one of the seeds and clik copy to clipboard. now without closing out of the time finder tab click the main rng reporter interface. method 5 PIDRNG from the first drop down, encounter type wild from the second, enter the hex where it asks for it at the bottom select shiny only from the check box and click "calculate initial PIDRNG frame." back on the left is "starting frame" with a box next to it with your said starting frame.

it'll probably be in the 40s or 50s. now go back to your time finder tab ...scroll through your initial results only focusing on "nearby shiny" you'll want one as close either in the high 40s or low 50s I'd say. for testing =P.

I found one that was 52 I think . when I checked that one by right clicking to copy the seed and pasting to the main rng interface to recalculate my starting frame I found that they matched. you can probably find one like that too. oh sorry when checking your shiny seed you'll click generate AND recalculate starting pidrng frame. frame in the far left is again the frame you're aiming for and it must be ABOVE your starting frame as you can only advance your pid frames (via saving is probably easiest to use atm.)

if you choose a shiny frame that isn't an exact match to your pid starting frame you'll subtract the pid starting frame from your target frame and the remainder aka 5 target frame minus a starting frame of 3 leaves you with a total of having to save 2 times then sweet scent for your shiny. I'd recommend doing this like the last cave of victory road where there are no npcs. save there before setting your ds the the seed time (found in the time finder interface) as npcs advance pidframes against your will if they move in a random manner. also weather effects like sandstorm and normal storm apparently also advance your pid frames.

hope this helps, best of luck sorry for the wall of text =)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
so it would seem as long as you haven't advances your starting frame by way of 128 steps your IV seed should be intact and that allows for the capture of IV'd swarm pokemon yay!

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me

285s.gif

The only thing you can do on route 3 to cut down the frame skips is to bri
ng up the menu screen and catch an egg as quickly as you can, hopefully before any NPCs decide to move. It will happen, but keep at it, as long as you know what frame you start on and what you're aiming for, it should come.

But doesn't the RNGReporter take the NPCs in Route 3 into account when calculating your starting frame?
So that means I have to figure out my starting frame manually?

Beck

Soul Suckin' Jerk
But doesn't the RNGReporter take the NPCs in Route 3 into account when calculating your starting frame?
So that means I have to figure out my starting frame manually?

Technically, yes.

The RNG Reporter finds your Starting Frame (your SF) but doesn't take into account the NPCs' advancements.

As explained above, finding your Shifting Starting Frame (your SSF, or your "new Starting Frame") is simple. Just hit your seed and open up your menu as quickly as possible (to prevent the NPCs from advancing your PID frame to far). Once you've done this, exit the menu and pick up your Egg as quickly as you can. Hatch it and compare it to your PID frames listed in the RNG Reporter. It should be only 4-6 frames below your SF (depending on how quickly you brought up, and brought down your menu, of course). This new frame is your SSF. Chatot your necessary advancements from here, rinse, and repeat.

Last edited:

PkMnTrainerZack

SUNLIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!
I'm trying to RNG for the first time, and i'm trying to find the parameters. I started at the right time, sweet scented and caught a trubbish (o.0) and found it's IV's. But when I enter them in and click search, it doesn't show any results. Is there something im missing? Sorry for the nooby question.

jolteon135

Does anybody know anything about how/why the Timer0 changes? I'm trying to hit a C80 seed but I keep getting C7F seeds ingame.

I know I got the right seed the first time I tried but I was checking I could get the seed, which kinda failed cause I would have been done by now otherwise...
If you keep getting C7F then obviously C7F is the timer0 you should be using to search.

Good to hear, now i have to learn how to RNG, and then come to the Parameter. Though is Emulator RNGing same as Flashcard RNGing/Normal RNGing?
Well you have to find your parameters first before you can start RNGing. I'm not sure if we're allowed to discuss emulators here. PM me and I can give you a little info about it.

I'm trying to RNG for the first time, and i'm trying to find the parameters. I started at the right time, sweet scented and caught a trubbish (o.0) and found it's IV's. But when I enter them in and click search, it doesn't show any results. Is there something im missing? Sorry for the nooby question.
You're missing the part where you're supposed to catch something at a high level. Go to Victory road and calibrate there. Also make sure you enter the minimum and maximum value for each stat. If you're using the serebii calculator, it's not the median value. It's the actual spread values (min/max).
Ugh, I hate that median crap in the serebii calculator. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to include it.

Last edited:

Poketmonsta0310

If you keep getting C7F then obviously C7F is the timer0 you should be using to search.

I know, as soon as I made that post I realised thats what I should have been doing, it just that every time I had been calibrating it had given me C80 and thats all RNG Reporter was showing. Up until now it had worked on my Victini and Zekrom, although it explains why they both took so many tries. I put C7F as my min and C80 as my max (just incase it came up) Timer0 values and found a different seed.

After long last I have SHINEY, jolly, 31/31/31/24/31/31 Virizon and Cobalion :D and the best part of it all is that the shiney frame is also a synchronise frame so I'm off to get Terrakion as soon as I have an adamant synchroniser :)

jolteon135

I know, as soon as I made that post I realised thats what I should have been doing, it just that every time I had been calibrating it had given me C80 and thats all RNG Reporter was showing. Up until now it had worked on my Victini and Zekrom, although it explains why they both took so many tries. I put C7F as my min and C80 as my max (just incase it came up) Timer0 values and found a different seed.

After long last I have SHINEY, jolly, 31/31/31/24/31/31 Virizon and Cobalion :D and the best part of it all is that the shiney frame is also a synchronise frame so I'm off to get Terrakion as soon as I have an adamant synchroniser :)

Alright, glad you figured it out. You probably shouldn't search with 2 timer0 values. Just use the C7F one if it works better than C80. You're going to get a lot of useless results in your searches and slow down the search if you have 2 different values for min/max timer0.

PkMnTrainerZack

SUNLIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!
You're missing the part where you're supposed to catch something at a high level. Go to Victory road and calibrate there. Also make sure you enter the minimum and maximum value for each stat. If you're using the serebii calculator, it's not the median value. It's the actual spread values (min/max).
Ugh, I hate that median crap in the serebii calculator. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to include it.
Oh ok thanks :D

et367

Beginning RNGer
ok, so, egg abusing. to get it perfect, (IVrng 128 steps inside house. + turns on PID frame.)
then walk out the house, mash the start button, chatot (target frame -turns + starting frame) then mash A until you get your egg? or try to figure out how many PID frames 1 step of a random walking wanderer and determine the PID frame from that

which is easier?

Status
Not open for further replies.