• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RNGing in Black and White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too Funk to Druck

I am America

Red421

Uses Ubers
I'm on page 11! I've read you know a decent amount of a few of the guides watched the bear videos ... one thing that had me confused was when I caught two different pokemon at different times and got different seeds ...just realizing that that's supposed to be the case?

I commend people who learned this stuff ...hope I get it eventually. I think I have either an eye strain or stress related headache =\

jolteon135

I'm on page 11! I've read you know a decent amount of a few of the guides watched the bear videos ... one thing that had me confused was when I caught two different pokemon at different times and got different seeds ...just realizing that that's supposed to be the case?

I commend people who learned this stuff ...hope I get it eventually. I think I have either an eye strain or stress related headache =\
Yes that supposed to happen. The seed and time are related. Turn on your game at a different time you hit a different seed. That's what RNGing is all about, figuring out when to turn on your game to hit a particular seed that will give you what you want.

Casty

Hey, thanks guys :D It was my first successful shiny RNG in B/W. I like the Timer Ball idea, thanks again.

As for Pokecheck and the Subway, I have to save the game to use those methods, meaning if I get an incorrect IV spread (which is likely) I'm stuck with it and can't try again...

Ah, I see. Then you can also use the IV Checker guy in Battle Subway. It should be pretty cool with RNG, as he can tell you if multiple IVs are perfect instead of just one. (like in the previous games)

Last edited:

ZottenDim

Breeding Rookie
ok read the guide but still confused about just rng'ing normal wild pokemon any who can explain it? thanks in advance oh yeah and how can you do the rng IV on the eggs?

Last edited:

jolteon135

ok read the guide but still confused about just rng'ing normal wild pokemon any who can explain it? thanks in advance oh yeah and how can you do the rng IV on the eggs?
If you look at post 3 of the smogon guide you will see that eggs are more difficult that wild Pokemon. You should probably learn to RNG wild Pokemon before trying eggs.
Try watching the video by bearsfan092drums on youtube if you can't understand the text guide and if you want help, be more specific about what you don't understand.

ZottenDim

Breeding Rookie
ah yeah what i ment wasi did evrything and got a frame 5 so i need to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon right? but then just use sweet scent for wild poke's or ?

jolteon135

ah yeah what i ment wasi did evrything and got a frame 5 so i need to walk 128 steps with 4 pokemon right? but then just use sweet scent for wild poke's or ?

Yes you use sweet scent for wild captures and yes 128 steps with 4 Pokemon would put you on frame 5.
Make sure that under "5th Gen DS Parameters setup" you have 3 keypresses selected before searching. It will give you more results and possibly some frame 1 results.

ZottenDim

Breeding Rookie
yeeys thanks alot ma but lets say you get a frame 3 how many steps do you need to take then? bw just got a Rufflet with evrything 31 except spa :)

ZottenDim

Breeding Rookie
so the frame is actually the pokemon needed in the part :) okie thx alot :)

Poketmonsta0310

Can anybody point me towards a C-gear RNGing guide/video? I want to try and RNG my dream world Jolteon so any help would be appreciated.

random question: can I get my jolteon into the extralink and leave it there until I want to catch it? or could it go/something else?

Red421

Uses Ubers
I'm pretty well stuck on parameters ///also on page 18 ...so my first few pokemon were the same in every way ...then a new one appeared after 3 of the same ...this one I cant get parameter results for (possibly because I can't get the speed narrowed down more than between 20-23?)

how much difference does it make which set of parameters I use ...when is it okay to start pressing a after loading the game (how much difference does it make if I do or not) ...how much difference does it make how long I wait before sweet scenting? =\ all help would be greatly appreciated

would anyone recommend trying a different time or the like? it looks like the reason speed can't be narrowed down is because of the nature =\

EDIT: there should only be two possible Timer0s Correct? So upon trying a different time (clicking again just after the NINTENDO screen (that okay?) I got two pokes exactly the same and got parameter results. this time with different timer0s than the pokemon from the previous time but with what I think is the timer0 from my attempts yesterday ...any opinions per chance? thanks

EDit again okay at two different times I've gotten just two different timer0s (is this not essentially what were looking for when constructing parameters? ) is it okay to use either set of parameters and then in the long run there will be just a chance that it could be either the pokemon you're looking for or not or is it broken down to a science where it's always supposed to be the pokemon you're looking for? thanks

Last edited:
Ok, there will be two different timer0 results. One of them will more likely happen more often than the other. In my case I started using one Timer0 and then found at a later date that my other Timer0 was more common.

For the most part it's easier just finding out which you find easier to hit and go with that one. It doesn't hurt to know both of them, but generally easier just sticking to one.

Once you think you guessed it, use those results to set up a wild encounter in frame one with something pretty unlikely (like 4 x31s) and try and hit that. If you get it first time then the chances of normally encountering something like that is pretty slim, so you probably got it.

Red421

Uses Ubers
Thank you very much =)

Red421

Uses Ubers
Is there a way to have rng reporter only list results that match the specified IVs you entered? found it I think ...really the guides available are hardly thorough =\

edit again ...the results you were asking for #215 Sneasel [Mild]
IVs: 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 16, 17 / 30, 31 / 30, 31 / 30, 31
Stats at Lv.50: 130|0 / 115|0 / 61|0 / 60|0 / 95|0 / 135|0

@above question http://pokecheck.kraftpaper.org/ as always I recommend disabling javascript *just in case*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.