• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Roads to Madness: A Survival/Psychological Horror Game (Rated M for Mature)

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mandy Brook - Day I
Vitality Points: 97
Psyche Points: 56
Condition: Worrywart, -2 Psyche Point every post (5 posts)

There was aloud buzz and Dexter was stabbed again. He tried to reassure Mandy that he was okay, "Augh, am all right," but she could still hear the pained noises he was making. What had she done? No, even if she did nothing the psychopath would probably still stab him. Still she had typed it in, “I’m sorry.”

A new problem appeared on the screen:
Now for more math fun!
x * 0 = ∞
Solve and show your work!

“What?” cried Mandy, “No, no, no… How can that even work? Zero times anything is zero, then zero is infinity… but infinity to large to be counted… and zero is too small. It’s not possible… it’s not. It’s not possible. This isn’t fair.” A crazed tone broke though her cries, “Maybe it’s another trick. Yes, that’s it, it’s another trick! Zero times zero is the same as zero-zero.”

She turned to the tablet:
0 * 0 = 0
0 * 0 = 00

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Dexter Glass- Day I
Vitality Points: 98
Psyche Points: 85
Condition: Concerned

Dexter was listening to Mandy's insane ramblings and got scared for a bit. She was obviously starting to go nuts. However, he did see her logic. Whether that was good or bad he was about to see.

There was omnious silent before Dexter fell out of the locker.

"Congrats!" The voice said. "You win! That was quite clever of you! I never would have thought of that! Looks like you're becoming as mad as me!" it said. Dexter's face paled.

Dexter is suffering from concern!
- 5 Psyche Points

Mandy is suffering from shame by approval!
- 5 Psyche Points

Mandy is suffering from Condition: Worrywart
Worrying about what people think of you and everyone who got hurt because of you.
-2 Psyche Point every post (3 posts)

Dexter took Mandy and went to the next room to find... two small beds. On the card it saidm, "Your room for th night," Dexter read before getting the first aid kit and applying it. On Mandy's bed, there was a giftbox.

He raises his eyebrow before applying the disinfectant and bandages to his wound.

Dexter used disinfectant and bandaged his wounds.
+ 10 Vitality Points

Inside the giftbox for Mandy was a...

Security Blankey!

Sercurity Blankey!
Something to hold onto when you need warmth and or feel secure. You must have a few problemsif you're using this and you are over 13...
Accessible to those only with <50 Psyche Points

It was her favorite color, burgandy!

Pyroli

Banned
Benedict Shanker | Jordon Shanker - Day I
Vitality Points: 100 | 100
Psyche Points: 93 | 93
Condition: Terrified | Scared

Benedict and Jordon watched as the walls began to contort, the wall adjacent to Benedict becoming covered in knives and the wall adjacent to Jordon being covered in needles. Benedict immediately steeled himself so that he wouldn’t press the button and endanger Jordon. His fear of knives had started his first year in college, he was currently in his third year. His fear of knives had sprouted during a Biology class, when one of the girls in his class had slipped and impaled herself on her serrated knife. She had lived, after a bit of treatment, but Benedict never really got the image out of his head.

Jordon on the other hand, his fear of needles had sprouted from a much more sinister sort of story. Jordon and Benedict had both been on drugs in high school. Benedict only dabbling in marijuana, but Jordon, Jordon delve on anything he could get his hands on. He once had a rather... unlucky incident with a syringe, and was rushed into emerg. Benedict stayed with him in the hospital room, never leaving his side. Some mornings he’d wake up in the bed with Benedict’s head on his chest, sleeping. Of course, him and Benedict have been clean since their Grade 12 year; but Jordon never really got over his fear of needles; mostly because of how terrible he had made Benedict feel.

Jordon gripped the sides of the chair, there was a riddle to this, but what could it be? He wasn’t going to touch that button until Benedict came up with some sort of solution for the trouble they were in. He looked beside him, Benedict’s knuckles were turning white from gripping the chair so hard, his eyes were shut. Trying not to focus on the sharp pointed objects heading towards him, and he was trapped in his thoughts.

“Jordon!” He suddenly shouted, Jordon could hear the shake in his tone. “We need to press the buttons simultaneously!” He declared, looking slightly beside him at Jordon.

“What? How do we go about that?!” Exclaimed Jordon.

“I’ll count down from 3, are you ready?” Asked Benedict, Jordon nodded.

“Three,

Two

One!”

The two pressed their buttons at the same time, praying the walls would stop from coming any closer to them.

Last edited:

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Allison Green - Day 1
Vitality Points: 100
Psyche Points: 93
Condition: Confused

Allison read the panel with a confused expression.

WELCOME TO ALL OR NOTHING!
Here you must solve this all important riddle. You will have three hints.

qruq krciym yxur

-1 hsabta
-2 sdrawkcab
-3 nairaseac

Unscramble the phrase and you get the Emerald Key, ensuring the safety of everyone. Fail and you suffer.

One guess.

Inwardly, Allison cursed. Thinking puzzles had never been her strong suit. She’d never been the brightest, and now it was coming back to bite her. She and Veronica only had one shot to solve the puzzle, or they’d all suffer. And seeing how the madman had held to his/her threats so far, she didn’t doubt that he/she would make them suffer hard.

She looked at the words. Unscramble them all?

The most simple way was to think backward, right? She didn’t know.
The phrase read ruxy myicrk qurq. That didn’t mean anything.
The first one read atbash. That didn’t mean anything to Allison. Another bunch of gibberish to deal with.
The second one read backwards. That meant she was on the right track? Great. Maybe she was actually worth something in this stupid bunch of puzzles.
The last one read caesarian. She wasn’t sure what that meant. Maybe Veronica would know.

“Hey, Veronica!” Allison called. “We have to figure out some silly unscrambling puzzle.” She moved aside slightly so her partner could also read the panel.

“So I tried to read them backwards, and they didn’t really make any sense. I don’t really understand this puzzle, but I bet we can figure it out together!” She beamed, trying to make light of how bad she felt. She was so dumb. Stupid stupid. Couldn’t unscramble some simple words.

Veronica Crossly - Day 1
Condition: Unnerved

Veronica followed Allison into the blue corridor cautiously, the whole while expecting something to fly out at them like the gold disc from before. Somehow seeing the room at the end didn't help settle those fears. The hanging towels implied that they might have to get into that tank of water for something and she certainly did not want to find out what the dentist chair was for. Allison, whether less cautious or far braver than her, moved first to the glass box to read its inscription.

Veronica's eyes frantically searched the room as she slowly made her way over to Allison who by then had already read the plate and taken a crack at solving it.

“Hey, Veronica!” Allison called. “We have to figure out some silly unscrambling puzzle.” She moved aside slightly so her partner could also read the panel.

“So I tried to read them backwards, and they didn’t really make any sense. I don’t really understand this puzzle, but I bet we can figure it out together!”

All at once Veronica's face lit up as the gears churned away in her head. "Ooooh, no, no, no, no, no!" she repeated "I know this one!" She stared at the plate while snapping her fingers repeatedly to try and recall what it was.

"Ok, um..." Veronica started, now chewing on a finger nervously instead of snapping. "Atbash is a cipher and so is caesarian. I think Atbash is the alphabet backwards and caesarian is the alphabet shifted forward by, like, 3 or 4 letters. Or, well, maybe I have those two mixed up. I dunno, a show I used to watch as a kid snuck secret messages in with these and I loved figuring them out!" With new found confidence she pointed to the first jumbled line of the inscription. "So the first hint tells us to decipher it with Atbash, the second hint says that all of this is backwards, and the third hint tells us to decipher it with Caesarian."

Beaming with pride in her own work Veronica looked to Allison before her expression fell. "So..." she said as she began to look around the room again. "You see any paper around here? Cause this is going to be a b**** to translate without something to write it down on."

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mandy Brook - Day I
Psyche Points: 49
Condition: Worrywart, -2 Psyche Point every post (3 posts)

"Congrats! You win! That was quite clever of you! I never would have thought of that! Looks like you're becoming as mad as me!" announced a condescending disembodied voice. Mandy felt something inside her die. She’d figured out the madman’s logic, which meant she was going mad herself. Well, as long as she knew, it wasn’t too late. At least that’s what she’d heard… to thought she’d heard, she could just be mad.

Dexter raced her into the next room. There were two beds, each topped with a gift box and a note, ‘Your room for the night.’

Dexter opened his box and started putting on the bandages that were within. Mandy shuttered, “Are you really going to use those? What if they’re poisoned or something? The psycho that owns this house would have no problem poisoning you. Then again, maybe he wants you to heal, that way he can hurt you longer.”

She turned to her box and cautiously flipped the lid. Inside was a small wooly blanket, burgundy in color. Mandy picked it up with her index finger and thumb, as though it were something extremely dirty. It felt soft, innocent, between her fingers. She looked it over, it seemed harmless enough. She sniffed it, it didn’t smell like it had been laced with chemicals. Still, better safe than sorry. She tossed it aside then knocked the gift box off her bed.

Speaking of better safe than sorry, better not sleep in that bed, it might be rigged the way the chairs were. She yanked the comforter off the bed and curled up on the floor. She looked up at Dexter, “You think we should sleep in shifts? What if the psycho comes for us in the night? Maybe one of us should stay awake?” She pulled the blanket tighter around herself, “Do you think we’re going to die here? I don’t want to die here. I hope you don’t die here. I’m sorry you got hurt… I should have known the answer. Do you think I should have known the answer?” She yawned staring at the door, “Do you like pizza? Maybe we can get some pizza together if we don’t die here. If you like pizza that is. I like pizza.”

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Dexter Glass- Day I
Psyche Points: 95
Condition: Tired

"I don't think so. They work fine for me. I guess he may cruel, but a bit fair," Dexter muttered, shrugging his shoulders.

Dexter saw her go to the floor and curl up. “You think we should sleep in shifts? What if the psycho comes for us in the night? Maybe one of us should stay awake?” She pulled the blanket tighter around herself, “Do you think we’re going to die here? I don’t want to die here. I hope you don’t die here. I’m sorry you got hurt… I should have known the answer. Do you think I should have known the answer?”

"Don't worry. Everything will be all right," Dexter says to her as he goes down and lies beside her, grabbing his own comforter.

She yawned staring at the door, “Do you like pizza? Maybe we can get some pizza together if we don’t die here. If you like pizza that is. I like pizza.”

"Everything will be all right," Dex told her as they both began resting. He waited for her to say anything before he fell asleep.

Dexter is getting much needed rest
+ 10 Psyche Points

Mandy is getting much needed rest
+ 10 Psyche Points

Mandy recieved affectionate comforting
+ 5 Psyche Points*

Mandy was cured of the following effect:
-Worrywart

====================================

Meanwhile: with Benedict and Jordon

The walls of knives and needles stopped.

They then rushed at them. It looked like they were going to die. Must have been pretty frightenining.

They then stopped before impaling them.

They pulled back as the chairs let them go.

They survived, but they were shaken up pretty bad.

Benedict suffered from panic!
- 15 Psyche Points

Jordon suffered from panic!
- 15 Psyche Points

=====================================

Meanwhile: with Veronica and Allison

On the left side of the wall was a lawyer pad with a pencil case, hanging from the wall. Also, they noticed there was a confirm button under where the tiles were. So they could keep going until they got something sensible.

Meanwhile, they felt like they were being watched...

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mandy Brook - Day I
Psyche Points: 64
Condition: Suspicious, Tired

Mandy felt better as Dexter reassured her that everything would be alright. It was nice to hear him say that even if it wasn’t true. He was nice. Even if he didn’t like pizza.

She yawned again a muttered to herself about things only Cthulhu could understand. She was very tired, and the comforter was very warm, so despite not being in a real bed drifted off to sleep.

Her dreams, well, still being under the influence of hallucinogens and horror, were somewhat unpleasant. Knives, pizzas, bloody nails, something in the corner watching them. She tossed and turned a bit, and mumbled a few things in her sleep, but was still getting some much needed sleep.

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Allison Green - Day 1
Condition: Confused

As soon as Allison had finished, Veronica seemed to take off. She had much more knowledge of codes than Allison did. Apparently the first and last inscriptions were two different ciphers, where the alphabet was reversed or moved forward.

Allison was glad she was partnered with someone who knew these sorts of things. Otherwise, she’d have undoubtedly just collapsed on the floor without a word with no hope of solving it. She’d never heard of atbash or caesarian ciphers, and would’ve have been stuck for ages on the puzzle.

She looked around. Surely the challenge master wouldn’t be so cruel as to make them work this out with only brain power. That would be a bit too much, though he had electrocuted someone twice, hit someone in the face with a golden discus and who knows what else. This person was mad. She couldn’t put anything past her/him.

“Here we go!” she beamed, noticing the lawyer pad and pencil case on the left side of the wall. Taking them, she hurried over and held them out for Veronica.

She looked around the room again. She felt nervous. The hairs on the back of her neck stood upright, as though she was being watched. She hated that. It was as though the invisible eyes were judging her, telling her she wasn’t qualified, that she was unfit for this challenge.

She shook it off. She needed confidence now. She needed to focus. Focus as hard as she could so that she and Veronica could solve this puzzle and possibly stop anyone else from getting hurt.

She noticed the confirm button under where some tiles were, tiles that they’d have to use to answer, she guessed. At least the challenge master had some niceness, to allow them to check and make sure they hadn’t arranged the tiles incorrectly before entering their answer. The single answer.

Pyroli

Banned
Psyche Points: 78 | 78

Jordon could tell Benedict was already on the verge of tears, luckily it seemed the walls had stopped from coming and it looked like they were going to be okay. But... the chairs hadn’t released them from their bindings yet, was this some sort of elaborate trick? He watched the walls, they still showed no sign of movement.

Benedict shook in his chair. Why weren’t the bindings being released? He wasn’t prepared to die if this was going to be the end, there was so much he still wanted to expirience in life. Marriage, Parenthood, Having a Job, ect. He wasn’t ready for death yet! He was only nineteen for godsake! There was so much he could still do!

Suddenly, Jordon’s head shot up, hearing a brief clicking noise. This was followed by the walls shooting towards them. Benedict let out a cry of shock and agony, Jordon just shut his eyes and prepared for the impact.

Jordon opened his eyes slowly, seeing the walls had stopped just before impaling them. He could see Benedict was shaking with tears streaming down his face, probably imagining the pain if thousands of knives had pierced his whole body.

“Ben, Ben. We’re alright...” He murmured, hearing the shake in his own voice as he spoke. Benedict slowly opened his eyes, feeling the binds release both him and Jordon from their seats. The walls slowly began retracting around them.

Benedict rose from the chair... only to slump down to the floor in a messed up head. His body was pretty much in the fetal position, his face planted firmly against the ground as muffled sobs emitted themselves from his small, shaking body.

Jordon slowly slumped to the floor, wrapping his arms around Benedict and moving close to him. Just whispering the words ‘It’s okay, I love you.’ over and over again.

DVB

Philosopher Knight

"Congrats! You win this!"

This was on a note on two boxes which lowered to the ground on a small parachute. They were apparently Comforting Chocolates. Two boxes of chocolates. Apparently, it was their favorite flavor since he spied them sampling them by alot.

Comforting Chocolates
A special treat that is your favorite flavor! Perfect to comfort yourselves after a nasty incident.
Heals 5 Psyche Points.

After they leave, the next door they find is with a comforter and a futon. On he back of the door, it said Rest Room. Sounded like a good place to sleep and get better. There was also restroom with the basics.

An hourglass with black sand was noticed near the pad. They were almost of time. Tick tock..

tick tock...

They felt the gaze even more apparent and the statues became more omninous looking.

(Better submit before my next post or else...)

Pyroli

Banned
Psyche Points: 78 | 78

Jordon continued rubbing Benedict’s back, he had always been pretty shite at this comforting thing. He had to admit, that had obviously freaked him out, but he handled himself in situations like this far better than Benedict did. Benedict slowly raised his head and looked at Jordon, those tear stained cheeks were an obvious sign of how frightened he was.

“W-we’re okay...” He murmured, sitting up. Jordon faked a smile and nodded, pushing a bit of hair out of Benedict’s face.

“We’re fine. See..?” Jordon gestured to himself, showing Benedict that there was no sign of physical harm on him. There was mental harm... but there was really nothing that could have protected him from that. Benedict smiled, and both men heard a small clunk. They turned their heads to see two gift boxes, guided to the ground by parachutes.

Jordon crawled over and picked up both boxes, were they trapped? He twisted it around in his hand and noticed they were chocolates, one with almonds, one that was white chocolate. Jordon was mildly frightened, chocolate with almonds was his favorite and white chocolate was Benedict’s; had their captor been spying on them?

He handed Benedict the box of white, he eyed them before taking the box and putting it in his pack. He’d save them for when he truly needed them. Jordon did the same, putting away the box in his backpack.

“You okay to move on Benny?” Asked Jordon, slowly getting to his feet and extending a hand to Benedict. Benedict took it and hauled himself up, he gave Jordon a brief smile, although Jordon could see how worn and absolutely tired he looked. Jordon didn’t blame him, he felt the same way.

They left the room and entered the red hall once again, walking towards the next room. They peered into the room and saw a single futon with a comforter on it, Jordon closed the door slightly, seeing that the back of the door said “Rest Room”.

“Guess this is our room for the night?” Murmured Jordon. Benedict looked slightly relieved that it wasn’t another challenge.

“I could really use some sleep,” Replied Benedict, with a yawn. He placed his bag on the floor, pulling out his pajama pants and getting changed. Jordon looked over at his small freckled frame and smiled slightly, remembering days before they had come to the mansion, the innocence of love really. Jordon shook away the thoughts, not wanting to think of that as the past, not wanting to think that they would never return to their former life; they’d make it out. He knew it. Jordon grabbed for his own bag, slipping off his clothes and sliding into his shorts. Benedict threw on one of Jordon’s shirts that he had taken from the laundry pile at home to sleep in, Jordon smirked slightly and Benedict blushed. The shirt was too big for Benedict, it hung lazily off of one of his shoulders.

“For a while, I wasn’t sure if you were going to come,” Benedict piped up. “So I just... took one of your shirts as a keepsake really.” He continued with a smile, slowly crawling into the bed. Jordon grinned at him, that sounded like something Benedict would do. The small nineteen year old yawned slightly, rolling over and facing Jordon; it had certainly been a long day. Jordon crawled into the other side of the bed, wrapping his arms around Benedict and kissing the tip of his nose.

“Get some sleep alright?” Jordon said, Benedict seemed mildly hesitant to sleep in the strange manor but Jordon continued. “I’ll be here if anything... weird comes in, okay?” Benedict finally nodded, shutting his eyes and trying to get some much needed rest. Jordon did the same.

Veronica Crossly - Day 1
Condition: Stressed

Eagerly Veronica snatched the clipboard from Allison's hands and began writing the alphabet down. She had no second thoughts on it but in any other circumstance she would have been a lot nicer about taking it, might even have said 'thank you' too. Still time was of the essence and manners could wait for later. Veronica paused after a few of her letters went extra scribbly and took just a second to calm her breathing. 'Just think of it like a test.' She thought to herself. 'A very important test.'

Once she had the alphabet written several times she started writing their cipher letters below them. A to Z, B to X, C to Y, and so on for Atbash but on Caesarian she had to do two separate ones, not remembering if they were shifted 3 or 4 letters over. It would take a little bit of time but it would give them their answer she was certain of it. She was mostly right.

Having lost track of time Veronica came to the conclusion that 4 letters was incorrect which left them with their answer: 'mlim slaueq efil'. Which backwards and more sensible is 'life qeuals milm'. "Done!" she exclaimed before looking over her handiwork.

Her face twisted in confusion. That didn't mean much of anything. At all. Taking in a deep breath as if preparing for some long winded speech Veronica stated the facts aloud, though she herself didn't know if it was to explain it to Allison or to try and explain it to herself. "Ok, so we've got the word 'life' in there, so we have to be on the right track. But the other two aren't even words." She pointed to where she had the words written for emphasis. "This one starting with 'q' might actually be 'equals'. Like, maybe the guy writing the challenge was dyslexic or something? And 'life equals' makes sense so we just have to figure out this last part here..."

There was, without explanation or reason, an hour glass suddenly beside the paper. And it was ticking. Veronica shook her head to clear her mind as she tried to get back to the puzzle at hand, ignoring the spontaneous hourglass to the best of her ability. "Ok so 'milm' has to mean something, right?" Her voice had taken on a slightly more panicked tone. "Like, is that the answer or is it scrambled like 'equals' or--" Slowly she trailed off into random sputtering as she gripped her head trying to calm down. She tried to get a grip and reason with this puzzle but she couldn't bring herself to focus anymore. Everywhere it felt like judgmental eyes gazed clear through to her soul and the infernal ticking beat down on her ears as she could feel the time slipping away.

"Film!" She exclaimed suddenly. "It must be 'film', nothing else would fit there right? 'Life equals film'." There was an air of confidence in how she spoke as though it could not have been simpler. Haphazardly she shambled over to the tablet as the drugs from before seemed to come back in full force and the input box for the letter tiles. 'Life equals film' was soon assembled in the slots. "I'm just gunna--" she trailed off again as she feverishly input the letters and once she was finally done she allowed herself to fall over and just breathe.

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight

Benedict is getting much needed rest
+ 10 Psyche Points

Jordron is getting much needed rest
+ 10 Psyche Points

Benedict recieved affectionate comforting

+ 5 Psyche Points

"Attention girls! I have good news and I have bad news!" the distorted voice said.

"The good news is you have solved the riddle and you have guarnteed the safety of everyone here with the Emerald Key!" the voice said, giving them time to sigh in relief before he cackled.

"The bad news is... you didn't press the 'confirm' button!

Ergo you suffer punishment while winning your prize at the same time!"

"So... brace youself!"

The two statues came alive, revealing them to be people. Two muscular and cloaked henchmen, one grabbed Allison and tied her so she could would be a captive audience.

The other henchman grabbed Veronica and stapped her to the chair. He grabbed the towel and forced it to her mouth. With Allison unable to move, she was forced to watch.

One of the henchman, holding her down with the towl while the other grabbed a water can and filled it with water.

The torture...

Water-Boarding

Veronica was tortured by waterboarding!
- 25 Psyche Points
- 5 Vitality Points

Allison suffered from forced observation!

- 10 Psyche Points

After about a very brief moment with Veronica, she was released and allowed to catch her breath before she was tied up. Allison, quaking in fear, was also dragged to the seath before the tables have turned, with fearful Allison being tortued and Veronica being forced to watch.

Allison was tortured by waterboarding!
- 25 Psyche Points
- 5 Vitality Points

Veronica suffered from forced observation!

- 10 Psyche Points

When they were finished with her also, they left the room before the hatch opened and the Emerald Key was theirs!

Obtained ??? Emerald Key!
"A strange and mystical emerald key... what could it unlock?
Quest Item

CONGRATS! SECRET TRUE ENDING UNLOCKED!

When the girls recovered from their ordeal, they left to find the next room in their corridor. It was a rest room. They had large plush beds with a built in bathroom. There were also two trinkets that can be worn around their neck. Whe the button is pressed, a soothing memory can be played.

Musical Charm
A pretty charm that plays music. Helps protect you against the evils of the world.
Accessible to those only with <75 Psyche Points

((The confirm button was there for a reason >:{D. Now as for the riddle, I am a film student. Now, I will guarntee everyone will come out all right in the end, or at least alive...))

Last edited:

Alliance

Re-Arrival
Allison Green - Day 1
Vitality Points: 95
Psyche Points: 58
Condition: Scared

Veronica snatched the pad and pencil from Allison, and started feverishly writing down letters. Allison had only the vaguest clue what any of it meant, and she was glad that Veronica knew enough about it.

Knowing she didn’t really have much to do while Veronica cracked the code, she looked around. The statues were starting to creep her out, how ominous they were. And an hourglass pouring black sand seemed to just appear, initiating a countdown. They didn’t have long.

Veronica cracked the code and entered it, before sighing with relief.

"Attention girls! I have good news and I have bad news!" the distorted voice said.

"The good news is you have solved the riddle and you have guaranteed the safety of everyone here with the Emerald Key!" the voice said. Allison sighed.

"The bad news is... you didn't press the 'confirm' button!

Ergo you suffer punishment while winning your prize at the same time!"

"So... brace yourself!"

Allison nearly screamed when the ominous statues came to life, grabbing her and tying her up, the other one grabbing Veronica and tying her to a chair. She wiggled around, trying to free herself, but the henchman holding her was far stronger than she.

She was forced to watch as Veronica had a towel stuffed in her mouth, and as the henchman got a water can and tipped it onto Veronica.

Allison trembled violently, trying to kick out at the henchman holding her down. NO NO NO

And then it was over, and Veronica was pulled from the seat and Allison shoved into it. Her mind barely had time to process the thought of ‘I am bloody terrified,’ when the water was poured on her.

The henchman left the room, leaving Allison to fall on the floor and just cry.

That was exactly what she feared. Not drowning specifically, but dying painfully. That was one of the most painful experiences she’d ever had, worse than when she broken bones in the past. This was not ok. This wasn’t OK at all.

A vague voice reminded her that she’d technically won the challenge, and that the silly Emerald Key was theirs. She partially disregarded it. She didn’t care if she’d won for the moment. She was just too busy catching her breath, afraid. This person was mad. Completely and utterly bonkers.

DVB

Philosopher Knight

When Veronica and Allison recovered from their ordeal and made their way to the room, they'd fall asleep and get some much deserved rest.

Veronica is getting much needed rest
+ 10 Psyche Points

Allison is getting much needed rest
+ 10 Psyche Points

As everyone slept, it was the beginning of a long journey...

DAY 1 END

?????????????
Control Panel

"Let's see which team will have an eventful night... the mysterious figure said before he spun a dial. He smiled as it landed on the gold side.

He pressed a button and let a hallucagen into the room of Dexter and Mandy. He wasn't sure if would work. He didn't know about their sleep cycles.

As Dexter and Mandy slept, they were getting some pretty based up dreams though considering Dexter was in better condition than Mandy, it did not effect him as much.

Dexter suffered from a nightmare
-7 Psyche Points

Mandy suffered from a night terror
-13 Psyche Points

Besides that, everyone else seem to have a normal night...

DAY 2 BEGINS

Dexter Glass- Day II
Psyche Points: 88
Condition: Groggy

Dexter woke up with his head pounding slightly. He shook it off and felt all right though. He looked around and shivered, realizing they had a long day ahead of them. He hoped that this place was their one safe haven.

He saw Mandy, looking rather sacred in her sleep. Dexter grabbed the burgundy security blankie and gave it to Mandy, hoping it would help the poor girl.

He supposed there was not much to do, but wait until she wakes up.

Pyroli

Banned
Benedict Shanker | Jordon Shanker - Day II
Psyche Points: 93 | 88
Condition: Calm | Rested

Benedict awoke slowly, blinking a couple of times to get the sleep out of his eyes. It seemed like a relatively normal morning; Jordon asleep next to him, the blankets bunched up on his side, his hair dangling down in his face, had all of that mansion nonsense just been a very real dream?

Benedict sat up slowly, seeing that they weren’t in their bedroom; it hadn’t been a dream. He slowly freed himself of Jordon’s arms and stripped down, changing into his regular clothes once again. He glanced over at Jordon, and then to the engagement ring on his own finger. It had been a little under two weeks ago that Jordon had proposed, they had planned to elope to London once this “contest” was over. That was if they got out of here though, he supposed. He had taken on Jordon’s last name already, not really wanting to be reminded of his father with his maiden name. He bit his lip slightly and slipped his pyjamas into his bag, walking over to Jordon and gently prodding him.

“Jordon, love, it’s time to get up.” He murmured, poking him again. Jordon rolled over and grumbled, mumbling something along the lines of ‘I don’t wanna get up.’. Benedict didn’t really blame him for not wanting to get up, if he had it his way, he’d just lay in this bed until the contest was over. Jordon slowly sat up and yawned, looking at Benedict.

“So I guess this hell continues, right?” He asked. Benedict looked down sadly and nodded. Jordon shifted slightly from his laying down position and pulled Benedict down, kissing his lips gently. “I’ll get dressed and then we’ll go, together obviously.” Continued Jordon with a mild smirk. Benedict brightened up slightly.

Jordon changed into his clothes and the two of them picked up their belongings, made the bed, and decided to maybe just sit in their room and chat for a bit before leaving.

"So, you still holding up okay?" Asked Jordon, Benedict nodded; he thought that, thanks to Jordon, he was doing quite well. Next time they faced an odd sort of... challenge, it would be his turn to comfort Jordon.

"And you?" Asked Benedict, Jordon nodded as well; giving a small smile. Benedict smiled back, the two made casual banter like before they were pulled into this mess.

Last edited:

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mandy Brook - Day II
Psyche Points: 51
Condition: Terrified, Rested

Mandy startled awake. She was clutching the burgundy security blanket in one hand. She leaned forward panting, then looked down at the burgundy blanket in her grasp. Did I grab it during the night, she wondered.

She released it and throwing the comforter off, got up. Dexter was already up.

“Morning,” she moaned at him, “man, did I have an awful dream…”

She looked around for her duffle bag. Right, she must have left it in the dinning room after the psycho zapped her repeatedly. Twice was repeatedly, right? Yeah, she was pretty sure it was.

She reached down and picked the security blanket off the floor. Maybe there was some use for it? She looked over at Dexter, “Now what? I assume some fresh horror awaits us? What if we refuse to leave the rest room? Do you suppose there’s any traps in here to keep us from staying? …I guess we can’t stay forever, we’d get freaking hungry.”

Last edited:

DVB

Philosopher Knight
Dexter Glass- Day II
Psyche Points: 88
Condition: Hungry

As everyone woke up, Dexter saw something enter the room. It was a remote-controlled hotel cart. Dexter could smell the food. Now, the drugs were waning off, though they included a boost in appetite so when Dexter saw mini breakfast buffet, his eyes widened before his stomach growled.

Dexter took some pancakes and drizzled some syrup on them before getting scrambled eggs. He noticed there was a cart for him and one for Mandy. It allowed the gamemaster to determine which breakfast foods were getting drugged the most.

Everyone was to a certain extent, but Mandy's was the most, to the point it was pretty interesting.

Mandy obtained the Condition: Mildly Hallucagenic

Mandy is suffering from Condition: Mildly Hallucagenic

You're freaking out and things just seem so much scarier to you... you're losing your grip on reality.
x1.5 Psyche Damage (5 posts)

There was also a mysterious box in the cart. Dexter looked at it wearliy...

In everyone else's room, they would be getting their favorite breakfasts along with the box. It was about the size of a jack in the box.

VampirateMace

Internet Overlord
Mandy Brook - Day II
Psyche Points: 51
Condition: Mildly Hallucinogenic - x1.5 Psyche Damage (5 posts)

(Shouldn’t this be Mild Hallucinations?)

As Mandy pondered the possibility of starving because they refused to come out of the room, a couple little carts wheeled their way in. Nothing suspicious here! Each cart had a huge breakfast and little jack-in-the-box type box.

Dexter dug in. Mandy was a bit suspicious of the food served here, but despite usually only eating a small breakfast, she had a major case of the munchies. She sat on the floor while she ate, still not trusting the bed. Skillet potatoes, bacon, and toast with real butter and real honey. Everything was delicious. Why did everything have to be delicious?

Mandy set her plate aside and picked up the box. It looked highly suspicious. It was probably key to the next challenge. She looked at it from all directions. Could it be opened anywhere but the top? Just in case it was trapped?