• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Roark

Is it just me or does Roark look like a girl I know you may think i'm stupid but sometimes I just don't know.

LizardonX

Banned
I see what you mean.^^

Flame Mistress

I suppose he's just a feminine-looking guy. There are plenty of those in Japanese culture. To be honest, though, he's not actually that bad, compared to some of the others...

My sister thought he WAS a girl. : P

Kalosian

So long
I also thought he looked like a girl at first, not really sure what made me think so. Still, I didn't find his gender/appearance as confusing as Bugsys.

Hydreigon6507

I agree with Roark looking feminine, but not as much as Saturn or Bugsy (MY was I mistaken on him...). :p
If it'll make you feel better, I think Fantina has a masculine face.
I agree, her face reminds me of Michael Jackson. XD

Aquarelle

Staff member
My sister thought he WAS a girl. : P

Mine did too.
She had trouble figuring out how to get into the first Gym on Diamond, so I asked her if she found the Gym Leader in the mine yet...she then said, "That was a guy??!!" -__-

As for me, I never mistook him for a girl. I actually really like his design (well, he is my favourite Pokemon character)!

Cutty

Forever now
I didnt mistake Roark as a girl. I mean, yeah he has a soft look, but he's not flamboyant enough.
I only mistook the twin gym leaders Tate and Nate as one gender.

Scrufox86

didn't really think about it. Some other gym leaders have been a bit "male? female?" (like bugsy) but i suppose it is supposed to be showing youth so that could explain why some of the males do look a little like girls?

Well, I would've thought he was a girl but I saw him in the anime first (kinda got the game late). And there really have been worse, like Bugsy, I was totally sure he was a woman.

Lost Lore

Diving Deep
Ahahaha, when I saw this topic I knew exactly what it'd be about.

Erm... well, I didn't see it so much the first time I saw him. For some reason though, when I saw him without his helmet in PokeSpe it suddenly hit me- "This guy looks like a chick what". And now I see what everyone is on about when they say this.

...In my honest opinion, he's still a cutie, though. :3