• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock/Metal music Faceoff!

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Welcome to the Ultimate Faceoff for all Rock and Metal fans!​

This is the faceoff to declare SPPf's most favourite Rock/Metal band ever! First Sub genres will be suggested. Some are already given by me and if your fav. Rock/Metal sub genre is missing, then you can suggest them. After that, depending on how big the sub genre is, 10-15 bands(maybe 20) will be nominated. After 10-20 bands for each sub genre is nominated, there will be a faceoff for each of the sub genres. The bands with the top 5 votes in each genre will qualify through the next round, the group stage.

The Group Stage works like this. Imagine top five voted thrash metal bands are Metallice, Anthrax, Slayer, Megadeth and Trivium. And top 5 Hard Rock bands are DIsturbed, Linkin Park, Guns N Roses, AC/DC and Breaking Benjamin. And top 5 Classic Rock are Eagles, Bon Jovi etc. So, after all are voted, groups will be made where one band from each sub genre is present. If 15 sub genres are voted with 5 each, making 75 bands, each group will have 15 bands. Got the picture? If you're getting confused, feel free to PM me!

5 bands will qualify from each group stage. The next part i'll decide later. Right now let there be rock! But wait! Its a long way to the top if you wanna rock and roll! First the rules!(and yes, the AC/DC puns are intended)

Stairway to the Rules

1. All SPPf rules
2. No flaming or bashing
3. Dont cry if you're too late and your fav. band isnt included
4. Voting is once per day. If inactivity occurs, PM me or one of the co owners.
5. Nominating at the moment is twice(no double posting) Again, if inactivity occurs, PM me.
6. Post "I wanna rock!" if you're posting here for the first time to show you've read the rules.
7. Failure to follow the rules result in a strike. 3 strikes and a ban.
8. If a great band isnt posted and some other popular not so great bands are voted, say Sevendust over Black Sabbath, dont criticize anyone as it wont help. This is actually a popularity contest. So no debating, even if you're right.
9. Have fun!

Sub genres:

Rock
Hard Rock
Alt. Rock
Alternative
Classic Rock
Punk Rock
Pop Punk
Garage Rock
Synthrock
Post-Grunge
Progressive Rock
Grunge(isnt it influenced by rock?)
Emo

Metal
Heavy Metal
Thrash Metal
Nu Metal
Alternative Metal
Metalcore
Death Metal
Hair Metal
Progressive Metal
Power Metal
Instrumental Metal/Rock
Black Metal
Folk Metal
Doom Metal

Time to take Co-owners!

Nominations:

Hard Rock

1. Disturbed
2. Velvet Revolver
3. Nazareth
4. Linkin Park
5. Queens of the Stone Age
6. JET
7. Mindless Self Indulgence
8. Wolfmother

Last edited:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
"I wanna rock!"

You forgot:

Pop-Punk (it's basically punk rock with pop influences)
Garage Rock
Post-punk (although you could argue it's the same as alt. rock)
Metalcore
Synthrock
Pop Rock
Post-grunge
Instrumental Rock/Post-rock
Emo (it's still rock you know)

Doesn't really matter though, since most of the bands in these genres (barring post-rock) can be shoved into different subgenres.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I did. just after I posted.

Read again. You'll understand what you've missed...

Adding all the other genres. I think we're ready to start now! Just need a co-owner....

EDIT: Starting, since there are lots of genres.

First up: Hard Rock

I nominate Disturbed!

Nominations:

Hard Rock

1. Disturbed

Last edited:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
I nominate Velvet Revolver because they're awesome but a bit underrated.

1. Disturbed
2. Velvet Revolver

I wanna rock!

Adding a nomination for Nazareth for hard rock. Very good 70s band.

P.S. you all missed industrial rock and industrial metal, if we can consider those real genres anymore.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Added nominations. And people! I'm talking about MKFC and Hammerheart. Read the rules! First page I'm not doing anything, but from page 2, failure to follow the rules will result in a strike and you vote/nomination wont be taken!

Btw, isnt Velvet Revolver the band Slash formed after quitting Guns N Roses? Is he still in it?

MKFC

Shade of Blue
"I wanna rock!"

...I thought you only had to post that once...

Yeah, it is that band, and he's still in it.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
"I wanna rock!"

...I thought you only had to post that once...

Yeah, it is that band, and he's still in it.

Oh sorry....I missed your first post...my bad^_^

Yeah you need to post it only once. And you can nominate twice. So my 2nd and last nomination for Hard Rock goes to Linkin Park! What a decade of success they've enjoyed. Same with Disturbed with their last 3 albums debuting number 1 on the Billboard.

Last edited:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
Linkin Park. Those guys are absolutely awesome.

Anyway, I'm gonna nominate the inevitable Nickelback in this.

...It was gonna happen.

1. Disturbed
2. Velvet Revolver
3. Nazareth
4. Linkin Park
5. Nickelback

armaldo

Pittsburgh Pirates 7th Super Bowl
"I wanna rock!"

And in this genre I have to go with Queens of the Stone Age.

Yeah, Josh Homme's a jackass. But that's part of the appeal, for me anyways. The music's pretty good too.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Linkin Park. Those guys are absolutely awesome.

Anyway, I'm gonna nominate the inevitable Nickelback in this.

...It was gonna happen.

1. Disturbed
2. Velvet Revolver
3. Nazareth
4. Linkin Park
5. Nickelback

Umm...Nickelback's Alternative. You can call them Alt. Rock or post Grunge aswell but they're definitely not hard rock, even if their last album was heavier than their usual style.

Let Nickelback shine in Alternative. I want to see Guns N Roses and AC/DC nominated. I'm surprised they havent been nominated yet....they are bound to get voted...thats why i didnt vote for them! They're kings of Hard Rock imo(even though i like Linkin Park better)

Queens of the Stone Age...good band.

Last edited:

MKFC

Shade of Blue
^They are hard rock... they've just become post-grunge and alt. rock. They do have some hard rock songs, though, especially in Dark Horse.

Anyway, if you're denom'ing Nickelback, I'm going for JET. I know they're a little underrated, but they're awesome.

1. Disturbed
2. Velvet Revolver
3. Nazareth
4. Linkin Park
6. JET

fango pango

You're My Man Of War
I WANNA ROCK :D

1. Disturbed
2. Velvet Revolver
3. Nazareth
4. Linkin Park
6. JET
7.Mindless Self Indulgence

armaldo

Pittsburgh Pirates 7th Super Bowl
I'm much more interested in pimping bands I like than trying to get the bands that truly deserve to win stuff like this to actually get it. Way too few people are fans of Soundgarden, even though I concede that Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam are better (if only just by a bit). I hope to change some of that when we get to the Grunge part.

Anyway, for my second nomination I nominate Wolfmother, even if there's only one song of theirs that I like.