• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock on SPPf!

Murton

Once you were lost.

Nyter

Island Challenger
Glad Foo Fighters are still doing there thin. Red Hot Chili Peppers were dope too. I think their last hit should have been more hyped up than what it was.

As for some Rock bands I would love to come back...
Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, and... Korn. Whatever happened to Korn?

Murton

Once you were lost.
Red Hot Chili Peppers were dope too. I think their last hit should have been more hyped up than what it was.

I thought their last album was kind of mediocre compared to Stadium Arcadium. The last album had Rain Dance Maggie and that's about it.

I think they're still doing stuff. Or something. Who knows.

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
Glad Foo Fighters are still doing there thin. Red Hot Chili Peppers were dope too. I think their last hit should have been more hyped up than what it was.

Limp Bizkit : Relesed there comeback album last year and are recording their cash money debut
Linkin Park : Has a new album Living Things
Korn : Made a dubstep album last year

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I've just recently gotten into Built to Spill's Perfect From Now On. Absolutely amazing, it's as if Neil Young were a guitarist in Pavement.

There are also a couple good tracks on Japandroids' latest album.

Come on, man...

I thought their last album was kind of mediocre compared to Stadium Arcadium. The last album had Rain Dance Maggie and that's about it.

I hate that Frusciante left. Stadium Arcadium and their latest weren't to my tastes, but Frusciante's solo albums have been wonderful.

Last edited:

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I've just recently gotten into Built to Spill's Perfect From Now On. Absolutely amazing, it's as if Neil Young were a guitarist in Pavement.

There are also a couple good tracks on Japandroids' latest album.

Come on, man...

I hate that Frusciante left. Stadium Arcadium and their latest weren't to my tastes, but Frusciante's solo albums have been wonderful.
At least Limp Bizkit hasn't sold out like Maroon 5
Their first three albums had some good songs while Overexposed is crap and they sold out to dance pop
You can mostly only hear Adam on it

Murton

Once you were lost.
Korn : Made a dubstep album last year

How does that even work.

Their first three albums had some good songs while Overexposed is crap and they sold out to dance pop
You can mostly only hear Adam on it

Shame, really. Songs About Jane was a pretty good album.

Fenix

Tremulant
I had really low expectations for I'm With You as well, even though I always liked Josh Klinghoffer, but I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I like how Josh didn't go all out on his first record with the peppers, it would totally be kind of meh. Instead Flea, not under John's shadow anymore, is quite prominent with his basslines in this album. And I liked many of the tracks, favourite being Did I let You know. Those backing vocals... <3

Strongly disagree with your 1st sentence. Leaving RHCP was the best decision he could make, it was obvious he had distanced himself musically and non-musically from a mainstream rock band way too much for continuing. Don't take me wrong, I do enjoy RHCP, but his solo material is on another level, completely incomparable.

Zazie

So 1991

Built To Spill is ****ing awesome. I always thought of them as a more talented Modest Mouse however. (on account of having a really good guitarist)

I can't believe people Limp Biscuit revival however. And I say this is someone who doesn't really have a problem Nu-Metal. (some of the older bands in the movement are pretty good)

Anyway my newest discovered bands are Sweet and Nelson. Sweet is probably my favorite manufactured band ever right now. Nelson ha a bad rep, and honestly that is the main reason I like them.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming

That's not the point. Limp Bizkit has been banal and uninteresting their whole career.

Strongly disagree with your 1st sentence. Leaving RHCP was the best decision he could make, it was obvious he had distanced himself musically and non-musically from a mainstream rock band way too much for continuing. Don't take me wrong, I do enjoy RHCP, but his solo material is on another level, completely incomparable.

Frusciante's been making those solo albums since the 90s, though, and was still capable of making great music with RHCP. His writing was a major part of the band and I just don't think Josh can fill his shoes. I know that John's going to keep making brilliant music, but I don't want RHCP to go down the drain.

Built To Spill is ****ing awesome. I always thought of them as a more talented Modest Mouse however. (on account of having a really good guitarist)

Built to Spill is on a whole new playing field as far as writing/composing goes. Modest Mouse is a lot more conventional in the way they structure songs.

Zazie

So 1991
Built to Spill is on a whole new playing field as far as writing/composing goes. Modest Mouse is a lot more conventional in the way they structure songs.

Well I am not too familiar with Modest Mouse honestly, I have just a heard a few bits of their earlier track when listening to Pandora and they seemed to have a similar sound, at least guitar-texture wise.

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
They're a great band. The Lonesome Crowded West is my favorite album by them, and The Moon and Antarctica is regarded as a classic. Lately they've become a little more poppy, but can still make great songs. Check out Dramamine and Bankrupt on Selling for sure.

Mark Kozelek/Sun Kil Moon has released a Modest Mouse cover album, Tiny Cities. It's decent for the most part, but "Convenient Parking" and "The Neverending Math Equation" both trump the originals.

Fenix

Tremulant
Frusciante's been making those solo albums since the 90s, though, and was still capable of making great music with RHCP. His writing was a major part of the band and I just don't think Josh can fill his shoes. I know that John's going to keep making brilliant music, but I don't want RHCP to go down the drain.
I respect your point of view, but I really dont think he "was still capable of making great music with RHCP". You can see it even in his departing words for the band, he had simply moved on. And I don't think RHCP has went down the drain. Not yet at least.

PsychicPsycho

Me too but Days Go By sounds like a foo fighters song
I'm kind of sick of the Offspring. My local rock station plays some of their older stuff to much for my taste, so I'm just kind of shut down towards them.
How does that even work.
It's actually pretty good, in my opinion- it's my favorite album of theirs in a while. When I first heard about it I thought it'd be hip-hoppy, but it's more like adding some electronic effects to their regular music, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Murton

Once you were lost.
I'm kind of sick of the Offspring. My local rock station plays some of their older stuff to much for my taste, so I'm just kind of shut down towards them.It's actually pretty good, in my opinion- it's my favorite album of theirs in a while. When I first heard about it I thought it'd be hip-hoppy, but it's more like adding some electronic effects to their regular music, if that makes sense.

Oh, so it isn't actually dubstep, just Korn meets electronic sounds? I can kind of see how that would work.