• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock on SPPf!

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
Foo Fighters are one of the only bands keeping "pure" rock alive. Prove me wrong, and notice I used the plural, bands.

Cage the Elephant too

Breeder Drew

Shinedown is coming to Georgia along with Five Finger Death Punch and a ton of other bands. I must buy a ticket.

Skydra

Ah, the genre I love most... it did need a thread.
I suppose I'm a fan of older rock, mostly, excepting a few modern bands more in the alt-rock area like Matchbox 20.

Most recently, I tried out some Steely Dan, which was good enough, at least. Since I don't mind jazz, their sort of mix can be appealing.

Last edited:

Sonic182

Rock and metal music are my 2 favourite genres of music. ACDC ftw

.Person.

No avatard plz
BOOOOOOO READING FEST!
Here in America (better) we have Rodger Waters-The Wall preforming in San Francisco next month and Mayhem Fest later. :)
GO ROCK!

Gibbers

^ Yeah, I had a chance to see him in Perth last month.

Then I realized he was performing The Wall and quickly decided not to go as it is a bloody atrocious album (Animals was the last good Floyd album. Yeah, I said it). Plus, he is nothing without the rest of the band.

Also, this thread needs more Krautrock. Jaki Liebezeit, what a ****ing drummer.

Anyone into Shoegaze? or any of the similar genre's like noise rock, dream pop etc.

I listen to a few things here and there.

Ironically, Dave Grohl has played drums for Cage the Elephant. They're a good band.

Very true. But I'm confused about this "pure" rock thing you mention a few posts back, particularly re: Foo Fighters and, as someone mentioned, Cage the Elephant. Both are classified as alternative, I believe, but.

KickAsh

halted development
Cobain would be almost fifty nowadays.
That's extremely hard to believe. And sad.

Foo Fighters are one of the only bands keeping "pure" rock alive. Prove me wrong, and notice I used the plural, bands.
Since you're banned now, responding to this post isn't really worthwhile, but I have to say that the Strokes are doing their part (they aren't exactly "pure" but by being a mainstream band that is rock enough to keep rock alive is good enough), the Black Keys started off well but they have become a bit too produced, and I would say the White Stripes but they broke up.

Scubasteve23

Dath Scuba
That's extremely hard to believe. And sad.

Since you're banned now, responding to this post isn't really worthwhile, but I have to say that the Strokes are doing their part (they aren't exactly "pure" but by being a mainstream band that is rock enough to keep rock alive is good enough), the Black Keys started off well but they have become a bit too produced, and I would say the White Stripes but they broke up.

I love the new Black Keys album, El Camino.

Profesco

gone gently
Profesco used Hi Bump Kick!

EDIT: I can't believe my own duncery. Here I've closed a thread I myself said was bumpable. I am extremely sorry, SPPfers, and also personally sorry to KickAsh for the bumping warning (which I will immediately have removed). I expect a full series of thrashings in traditional Misc form. Once again, please accept my apologies.

Carry on, now.

Last edited:

kuzronk

1 Reputation Comment
I like heaps of rock bands

For the past day i have been enjoying The White Stripes
One of my favorites are Weezer

Rezzo

Occasionally
Jesus Christ, there's a rock thread and I'm not in it.

2011 in rock wasn't a bad year compared to the slump that it has had for recent years. Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds was one of my favourite releases, but it wasn't amazing by any means. Another good release that's pretty unheard of was Hard-Fi's Killer Sounds. I'm a massive Hard-Fi fan myself and anybody who likes British post-indie rock should definitely give them a try.

The most recent album to come out that I found good was Baby by Tribes, a North London band. Arguably the most Britpop sounding album to come out for years. It doesn't have much lasting appeal though; I got bored of it within a week of listens.

Anyone into Shoegaze? or any of the similar genre's like noise rock, dream pop etc.

I've listened to My Bloody Valentine a couple of times if they count. Couldn't really get into it.