• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock on SPPf!

Huhadude

Banned
Nirvana all the way!

Huhadude

Banned
Such a overrated band that copied such bands like pixies.

The both bands were formed almost during the same time period. Pixies at 1985 and Nirvana at 1987 and their isn't anything to prove they copied from the Pixies plus they both sing rock and I've heard them, they have totally different lyrics and tones so it isn't right to say they copied from the Pixies. Second, they aren't overrated. Rock isn't overrated by itself and Nirvana, not a lot of people have heard of them and they have a few songs but still they were one of the best rock bands.

poix_the_yak

I stay noided
Such a overrated band that copied such bands like pixies.

I don't find the Pixies or Nirvana to be all that interesting, but I still think Nirvana is way less boring than the Pixies.

What's everyone's opinion on LCD Soundsystem? I'm loving them right now

Zoe Trent

Boyfriend free :(
The both bands were formed almost during the same time period. Pixies at 1985 and Nirvana at 1987 and their isn't anything to prove they copied from the Pixies plus they both sing rock and I've heard them, they have totally different lyrics and tones so it isn't right to say they copied from the Pixies. Second, they aren't overrated. Rock isn't overrated by itself and Nirvana, not a lot of people have heard of them and they have a few songs but still they were one of the best rock bands.
Even with decent albums the band wouldn't have had much fame these days without kurt killing himself. He also said smells like teen spirt is a clear pixies rip-off.

What's everyone's opinion on LCD Soundsystem? I'm loving them right now
>LCD Sound
>Rock

Zazie

So 1991
Nirvana's pre-Nevermind stuff is pretty good. Nevermind itself isn't all that great. I never found more melodic/poppy stuff to be Cobain's strong suit.

Pixies is pretty different from Nirvana though, they don't have all that angst and are lot quirkier. I starting to dig Frank Black's solo stuff a bit more now, since I recently got Teenager of the Year for cheap.

Right now I am on a bit of an Urge Overkill and Teenage Fanclub kick. That and Triumph, which isn't all that similar ot the other two bands.

What kind of people have been talking to, Nirvana's only the biggest rock band in the last 25 years.

They're so big everyone just assumes all 90s rock sounded like them. (even though there was a lot more variety)

Last edited:

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
90s rock peaked in 1996 with the release of porcupine tree's signify (and then again in 1999 with stupid dream and judgement by anathema)

Huhadude

Banned
Even with decent albums the band wouldn't have had much fame these days without kurt killing himself. He also said smells like teen spirt is a clear pixies rip-off.

Yes he said that but you gotta admit that song was pretty amazing if you've heard it. Plus they didn't always copy the Pixies. They were just motivated by them. Idk if they would have had fame these days if Kurt was alive, it is all up to the songs they would have made. So it all depends on the song they would have made.

Zazie

So 1991
There's some good stuff throughout the decade, though I will say that most of it loaded towards the beginning and middle.

Still feels like it beats the last 15 years or so. Yeah there is still good music out there, but it's a bit more spread out between stuff. LIke this band is cool, but all theese other one's are lame of something. (hard to explain, I guess the current popular trends suck is a good way of putting it)

Last edited:

Rezzo

Occasionally
90's rock music had several peaks. 1990 was a bit of a boring year though

There's some good stuff throughout the decade, though I will say that most of it loaded towards the beginning and middle.

Still feels like it beats the last 15 years or so. Yeah there is still good music out there, but it's a bit more spread out between stuff. LIke this band is cool, but all theese other one's are lame of something. (hard to explain, I guess the current popular trends suck is a good way of putting it)

The internet's made music way more accessible than it used to be. It also made people's opinions much more accessible. I guess both of these factors made subjectivity in music that much larger

Rezzo

Occasionally
There was new albums from Death From Above 1979 and Shellac recently. I haven't heard anything except the Dude Incredible title track, but a couple of you cool cats might have listened to one of these properly

THRILLHO

nothin' at all
new this will destroy you and pineapple thief records are officially out now. still gotta listen to pineapple thief but TWDY is amazing