• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock or Pop?

Rock or Pop?

• Rock

Votes: 60 75.9%
  • Pop

Votes: 19 24.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
I want to know what is the dominant music genre. I think rock is more better. Don't get me wrong but i do like some pop songs like firework empire state of mined or air planes, but its the more suggestive songs. These are songs like bottoms up, Cali girls, and Ke$a, and yes, just plain Ke$a. Then the over played songs like Whats my name, Watch me burn and Ke$a again.

But that's my opinion. How bout you?

*Sorry for this little rant*

Last edited:

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
Rock, Speed Metal, Power Metal.

2D Thom

Im a tombsone
everything in the op is either a horrible generalization or just plain bullshit.

not sure why the only two options are these two genres either.

but my answer is rock.

Last edited:

Aggron459

Aron Is Beast
Who voted pop? I must assassinate them! with my ;216; and my ;273;

I like them both and it's a tough decision, but I have to say that I like pop just a little more because the songs tend to be upbeat and fun to dance to. Not that I'm saying that rock can't be just as fun, but I find it easier to dance to pop/techno.

SmartD

I kind of like both pop and rock.

i like both, but i tend to listen to more pop.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
I like both, but I voted for pop since it had fewer votes. (also I guess I listen to it more often)

Twilight Sky

Phantasmic. ★
I listen to some rock(that rock being Evanescence and some Flyleaf, of course), but Pop ultimately wins me over. .__.; I'm really picky with my rock genres, and the ones that I listen to just so happen to be Christian. Any other rock I don't particularly like listening to. D:

Primal Crusader V

Watch some MANime
Rock. Especially Hard Rock. Chevelle, Deftones, Tool. All that powerful rhythmic hard rock that goes soft and than goes to a tense hard. It never gets old. NEVER. I listen to hard rock about every day. I love it. It wins me. It conqueres me. It's epic

RaiBlade

ɾαρτυɾε
I am gonna have to say Pop is better because I listen Pop much more than Rock ..
Katy Perry , Enrique Iglesias and Kesha are unbelievable ..

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Well this is extremely hard. My music taste is all over the place. My favourite pop artists: Taylor Swift, Avril Lavigne, Ellie Goulding, Joe Brooks, Natalie Holmes (atm). My favourite rock/metal bands atm are: Bring Me The Horizon, Paramore, Evanescence. The majority of the music I listen to fits under pop, but I love alternative rock, pop-punk, metalcore, gothic metal, symphonic metal and post-hardcore. So I'm voting for pop because at the minute, it's what I listen to most.

Hammerheart

Son of Wōden
I want to know what is the dominant music genre.
Pop

it stands for popular, which should give you a big clue really.

personally I couldn't say one was better than the other. I mean a lot of 60's pop was better than 00's rock, but by the same token a lot of 70's rock was better than 00's pop. But then should we not be doing a like for like comparison? I suppose its only fair to do recent pop vs. recent rock.

In terms of now I've loved the likes of Take That's The Flood and Katy Perrys Firework, and can't really think of any rock albums from recent times ive liked. Unless you count bands like Anathema and Gray Waters.

But I think its a daft question as both genre's aren't consistently good or bad. There's a lot of crap pop, but by the same token there are a tonne of bland uninspiring rock bands. And both have their good artists.

Just out of interest, can anyone name me any good rock bands that have formed in say the last 5-10 years?

Umbreon-dana

Phat Philanthropist
I have a few pop songs I like, but I tend to lean more towards rock.

here's the main reason, they over use there egos.

Not limited to pop bands.

almost all of there songs are about getting drunk and other inappropriate stuff.

Have you ever listened to a pop song?

On that note, have you ever listened to a rock song?

And rock is original.

Nickleback.

That would be Progressive.

ROCK. ALL THE F**KING WAY.

But tbh pop is kinda making a comeback in the form of Jessie J, so who knows? As long as Gayga and Gayber don't stay in power, maybe there's a glimmer of hope for pop.

Comments like these make me cringe. Can't stand people who can't talk about genres they don't like without resorting to playground antics.

Also, Jessie J will be gone within a month or two I wager. Definitely won't lead some sort pop revolution as you suggest.