• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock taking over rap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweet

With Lil Wayne's new single "Let it Rock", and guys like Linkin Park, and Eminem making a song with Marilyn Manson, and European rappers like L.O.C. making concerts with Nephew, and guys like Lil Jon working with rock bands and calling their album "Crunk Rock" and Jay-Z making an album with Linkin Park and 50 using bands for his next album...

Is Rock music fusing with rap music? I think it's a possitive evolution.

No. Just no. Musicians are abusing the word 'rock' these days. Just look at that hunk of shit 'Camp Rock'.

It actually makes me sick.

Cyan

Mortal
I'd like to direct you to the song 'Bring tha Noise' and the band Rage Against the Machine to point out that it's already happening.

My own personal opinion: I don't like it outsdie of those two examples (And the Run-DMC cover of 'Walk This Way'). I honestly don't know why, though.

Tyran

Blast from the past
No. Just no. Musicians are abusing the word 'rock' these days. Just look at that hunk of shit 'Camp Rock'.

Agreed.

If you don't like rock or rap you have the right to open this:
lolcatsdotcomkj9qqzegnrahk8de.jpg

I prefer Rock above rap but most people abuse the word rock when it comes to music. (read above post)

Lone--Wanderer

...is a hack.
That depends on the quality of the song itself, not the genre; rap is not inherently bad or good, as with rock and pop and classical and polka and any/everything else.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Rock is better then rap

And proof of that is where? Music is all subjective, either you like the song or not, just because a person likes one genre does not mean that its better than another.
From the beginning, music has evolved and gone through certain trends, if this is the next stage then so be it, i've no problem with it, if it sounds good to me, it sounds good to me

The Tail

Agreed Otaku, I dunno, artists these days aren't even all that's supposed to be called rock (Jonas Brothers, Hannah Montana) today's "rock" sounds somewhat closely to pop, which is also getting worse. REAL rock artists are a hard find these days...and the ones still out there have songs of horrible meanings (I'm looking at you Saving Abel!)and its like HM & JBs are casting a spell all around the world and kids are getting possessed by this "music". Rap on the other hand was horrible to begin with.

Pokemonmaster Bill

Agnet of Umbrella
Rap now is horrible and u can't under stand them. Now rock is geart. the geart stuff is from cliisc rock like lead zipplen, Ac/Dc

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Rap now is horrible and u can't under stand them. Now rock is geart. the geart stuff is from cliisc rock like lead zipplen, Ac/Dc

You're one to talk.

I wouldn't say rock is taking over rap, per se. But I do know quite a few friends who are diehard rap fans that have recently started listening to rock. Mainly because of video games such as Rock band and Guitar Hero.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member

We can't understand you. You should be a rapper then.

I really don't think either are at the top of their game right now, since both were much better overall a little while back.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Ok so your logic is that just because you cannot understand them its crap :/
By that logic one could argue that rock is rubbish because its mostly just noise and cannot understand them.

Cyan

Mortal
How ironic. And you spelled great, classic, Led Zepplin and AC/DC wrong.
Ok so your logic is that just because you cannot understand them its crap :/
By that logic one could argue that rock is rubbish because its mostly just noise and cannot understand them.

Not all rock is just noise and people in tophats basically making love to a guitar. Just listen to Chuck Berry, The Beatles, and Elvis.

Rave

Banned
Well, now its gonna go to the generation, where rock will now be hated by everyone, as it will probably suck, seeing all the wannabe bands sucking the life out of the musical genre. And jazz will probably be the next big thing among the youth of today.

Cyan

Mortal
Well, now its gonna go to the generation, where rock will now be hated by everyone, as it will probably suck, seeing all the wannabe bands sucking the life out of the musical genre. And jazz will probably be the next big thing among the youth of today.

No, jazz had it's shot. Peruvian pan-flute music will be the next big thing, then klezmer.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
@cyan Dont worry, i'm fully aware of that, i was using it as a response to rap being non understandable.

Penguin_Man

Totally agree with the tail, most of this Disney crap is bogus and still gets called 'rock', It disgusts me

Red Jr.

Banned
Rap was always good, and still is. Though it was better back then though. But with Tupac gone (R.I.P.) , and Eminem being with his family, the only rapper I find decent right now is lil wayne.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Rap was always good, and still is. Though it was better back then though. But with Tupac gone (R.I.P.) , and Eminem being with his family, the only rapper I find decent right now is lil wayne.

Lol there are some that would disagree and say that lil' wayne is the reason that rap is going down

Status
Not open for further replies.