• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rock taking over rap?

Status
Not open for further replies.

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Lol... No

Sauce please, find me a reputable sauce that states that then maybe i'll believe that but until then no, just no.

You just said sauce when you mean source.

Thanks for proving my point you dolt!

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
You just said sauce when you mean source.

Thanks for proving my point you dolt!

I know i did, and where in any of my previous post did i say i listened to just rap?

Who's the dolt now?

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
I know i did, and where in any of my previous post did i say i listened to just rap?

Who's the dolt now?

One would come to the logical assumption that given you chose to debate my point you are one of the following.

1. Someone who listens to rap.
2. Stupid because you're debating something that doesn't have an impact on you.
3. Trolling (see: Stupid).

Edit: because it became apparent to me that you have trouble comprehending that the line "many educated people like Rock" does not mean that even the majority of people who like Rock are educated (or even smarter than the average bear).

Last edited:

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
Thriller wasn't made this decade. Appetite for Destruction wasn't made this decade. Are You Experienced? wasn't made this decade.

However, A Matter of Life and Death, which contains a handful of the Greatest Songs Ever, was.

My thing with rap music: I don't usually like the music part, and the lyrics? Come on. Though rapping is still an acceptable artform, and sometimes, rapping can work well in the context of other music forms.

~Magic Thunderbolt~

No. Just no. Musicians are abusing the word 'rock' these days. Just look at that hunk of shit 'Camp Rock'.

It actually makes me sick.

I totally agree my man.

Rock is better than rock, but I say that there are two kinds of pop. One is the crappy stuff Disney makes, while the other is halfway decent. But I don't like Rihanna and Chris Brown as to me they are not real music. I wish the Beatles, Led Zep and Queen were still around.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
One would come to the logical assumption that given you chose to debate my point you are one of the following.

1. Someone who listens to rap.
2. Stupid because you're debating something that doesn't have an impact on you.
3. Trolling (see: Stupid).

Edit: because it became apparent to me that you have trouble comprehending that the line "many educated people like Rock" does not mean that even the majority of people who like Rock are educated (or even smarter than the average bear).

Get your facts right as it was you who choose to argue my point

1- I listen to both, plus many other genres, but these two the most
2-So does that mean that everyone who posts in this thread is stupid because rock taking over rap doesn't affect them? Think about what you say before you say it
3-When was I trolling?

And I'm still waiting for the sauce that states that.

Grei

not the color
To be honest, I would hope that Rock is taking over Rap. Maybe it would make the so-called "Rap music" that people listen to sound better, since the majority of the "Rap" that exists now isn't actually "Rap", it's more of a "talk about sex and drugs and violence to a repetitive beat".

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
And I'm still waiting for the sauce that states that.

3 times.. you really are proving me right each time more and more here.

One of the following means that 1 of the 3 cases is the case, not all 3 at once - thus I won't even bother with the rest of it.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
3 times.. you really are proving me right each time more and more here.

One of the following means that 1 of the 3 cases is the case, not all 3 at once - thus I won't even bother with the rest of it.

Since you seem to just skim over all of my other points and just focus on that, it still doesn't prove your point, just because i prefer typing sauce over source, doesn't mean i'm stupid as i know the difference between them.
Also it still doesn't prove your point as you cannot use me as a representative for the millions who listen to listen to rap, also finally as i stated previously i listen to both therefore creating a paradox, i'm stupid and i listen to rock therefore proving your point wrong or i'm intelligent and listen to rap therefore...well you get the point

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Also it still doesn't prove your point as you cannot use me as a representative for the millions who listen to listen to rap, also finally as i stated previously i listen to both therefore creating a paradox, i'm stupid and i listen to rock therefore proving your point wrong or i'm intelligent and listen to rap therefore...well you get the point

You're not creating a paradox, you just don't understand the English language on multiple counts and it causes me to shed a tear for humanity each time you post.

I've already said that liking Rock and being Stupid are compatible traits as is liking Rap and being Intelligent, it's just that those who fit into the second category are a ridiculously tiny group of people (while I know, and know of a great number of well educated people who listen to Rock or its various "extended" genres). You are having trouble grasping this point, cease and desist if you want further responses.

Since you seem to just skim over all of my other points and just focus on that, it still doesn't prove your point, just because i prefer typing sauce over source, doesn't mean i'm stupid as i know the difference between them.

You're not stupid for knowing the difference - this is obvious (if that is true, which I doubt), you're stupid for not communicating in the language we use here. There is a reason people's jargon doesn't automatically absorb into the language: it makes no sense.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
Like I said where's the source (happy now), if you find a reputable source backing up your claim of intelligence i'll believe you, either way i'm tired of trying to debate with you as to be honest, arguing over whether rock or rap is better or whatever or whether intelligence is linked to music because its pointless, its all subjective. There is no superior genre, which you're constantly trying to claim

Rap should be a part of rock. After all, rap does sound close to rock. Linkin Park does have rap songs dont they?
Even if they were rap (which they are quite clearly not), one band is nothing to suggest that the two are mixing, especially since Minutes to Midnight has no "rap" bits on it. And if you come back with that thing they did with that Jay-Z fuckwit, that music was epic fail and, I think, caused the couple of years in which they made no music.
the majority of the "Rap" that exists now isn't actually "Rap", it's more of a "talk about sex and drugs and violence to a repetitive beat".
Too true. All of the other rappers who actually had some sort of point to them are long gone. Now we're left with guys who wake up one morning and think they feel like rapping a few songs and making a few bucks. I find it rather sad.

The Tail

Too true. All of the other rappers who actually had some sort of point to them are long gone. Now we're left with guys who wake up one morning and think they feel like rapping a few songs and making a few bucks. I find it rather sad.

So true my friend, so true...

AncientMew

Training since 1998
This thread is a mess, it's basically a bunch of people going "THIS IS MY OPINION IT'S BETTER THAN YOURS", it's much more an argument going nowhere than a debate.

Hannah Montana = awesome

:) have fun

FusionSonicX

It's Lil' Kim, ho!
To be honest, I would hope that Rock is taking over Rap. Maybe it would make the so-called "Rap music" that people listen to sound better, since the majority of the "Rap" that exists now isn't actually "Rap", it's more of a "talk about sex and drugs and violence to a repetitive beat".

[strike]Not all.[strike] Oops. Totally looked over "majority." Nevermind, sorry.

Even if they were rap (which they are quite clearly not), one band is nothing to suggest that the two are mixing, especially since Minutes to Midnight has no "rap" bits on it. And if you come back with that thing they did with that Jay-Z fuckwit, that music was epic fail and, I think, caused the couple of years in which they made no music.

Not necessarily. Your Soulja Boys, Hueys, Yung Joc, etc. don't represent all of rap, just a small group oh one-hit wonder rappers. There are a number of rappers who still have points, they're just not on the radio... for whatever reason.

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
Pardon my randomness, but I agree with you Cyan. There are better singers out there.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Such as Rock has had questionable meaning over the years, so too has rap. I'd say most rap music isn't actually rap, just people talking over a repetitive beat.

This format seems to work better with more 'rock' these days (although so can previous rap as illustrated by Public Enemy's 'Bring the Noise', the version featuring Anthrax). I think it's just an experimental thing that'll last until new music fads are introduced, which given the current climate of music will take a few months, by which time Gabba shall claim its rightful position.

Just let them do their thing. Hell, at least they'll give the stupid people something to understand. What I mean by this is: I've seen people outright despise intelligent rap (Talib Kweli, Lupe Fiasco, etc etc), only because they couldn't understand it.

No. You fail. And that's one of the few things we can agree on.

You took the bait.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.