• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockclan's Future (A Warriors Fanfiction Tale)

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Hello, everyone! It's me, WBR. What we have here is a Warrior Cats Fanfiction. Rockclan was an idea I had when I was younger, and I feel that now that I've read all of the Warriors Books that are out, I can write a successful fanfiction.

This fic is rated PG-13, for mild scenes of violence including blood.

Here we go...

Rockclan's Future
Act 0/Prolouge

A beautiful forest is the setting for this tale. It's the middle of greenleaf, a wonderful time for Rockclan. The only thing odd about the forest, though, is that a canyon cuts through it, disturbing the beauty with it's cold hard rock. At the bottom of the canyon a small stream rushes past. It is moonhigh, and the stream gleams silver. At the edge of the canyon sit two cats. The first one is a scruffy-looking she-cat, that has yellow eyes. Becide her is Stormclaw, a white tom with stormy-grey eyes. He is Rockclan's medicine cat, and he has called Yellowstar, the she-cat, to meet him at the edge of the canyon. The two cats are looking into the moon.

Yellowstar: Turns around to face Stormclaw. Is something wrong, Stormclaw? You must have called me here for a reason.

Stormclaw: Sighs, and looks into Yellowstar's eyes. I haven't had a sign, message, or anything from Starclan for a long time. The moon is full tonight. I feel as if Starclan might send me something now.

Yellowstar: Sighs as well, and looks up into the moon once more. You're right. It's unusual for Starclan to be silent this long.

Suddenly, Stormclaw tenses up, and his eyes open wide. Yellowstar looks at him in worry.

Yellowstar: With feeling. Stormclaw!

Stormclaw remains in this state for well over a minute, then collapses. Yellowstar runs over to him and shakes him vigorously.

Yellowstar: With concern. Stormclaw!

Stormclaw: Begins to stir, and mutters. Starclan....

Yellowstar: What happened?! A tone of urgency tinges her voice.

Stormclaw: A leaf of holly will fall onto rock, and nothing will ever be the same.... Stormclaw mutters this as well, his voice dull.

Yellowstar: What? A confused look shows on her face.

Stormclaw: Starclan told me that... I have no idea what it means. What's holly?

Yellowstar: Shrugs. I don't have any more on an idea than you do.

The scene fades out, and is replaced by the inky blackness of a tunnel. Two green eyes glow in the darkness.

Mysterious Cat: I think I've gone far enough. Sits down. I'm so far away from Thunderclan....

Suddenly, the cat sees a shaft of light and walks into it, revealing that she has black fur. She looks up to see an opening in the tunnel and jumps out.

Mysterious Cat: Looking around. Where am I?

The cat is inside the canyon, on a narrow ledge. She looks around a few times.

Mysterious Cat: I've never seen anything like this... I must have been gone from the clans longer than I thought. Sighs. You really do loose track of time in those tunnels... I guess this is where I begin my new life.

The she cat looks back into the tunnel, and begins climbing up the canyon. The same canyon Yellowstar and Stormclaw are sitting by.

END ACT 0

wιɴтerвreezeѕrυle

dαrĸpαw ιѕɴ'т αмυѕed
Authors notes: Sorry for the delay on this chapter. I didn't have too much free time last week, and I barely finished the written draft Monday. I typed it all up yesterday, edited it today, and I'm posting it today! Enjoy!

Rockclan’s Future
Act 1

It’s been about a quarter-moon since Stormclaw received the mysterious message from Starclan. Yellowstar has really forgotten about it, thinking it unimportant, but Stormclaw remembers. Stormclaw always remembers. Yellowstar told no cat about the strange message, so it’s been life as usual at the Rockclan camp. The camp itself is a hole in the ground surrounded by the forest. It is a wide hole, and a moderately deep one. The dens for all of the cats are holes in the hole. There are many dens, so each warrior, medicine cat, deputy, elder, and leader get their own dens. The exceptions are the apprentices, who sleep in the same den as their mentor, and the kits and queens. The kits and queens all sleep in a well-sheltered cave that is very large.

It was dawn, and Rockclan’s deputy, Crazytail, was just waking. Crazytail was an orange tabby whose tail had been ripped off in a horrible accident involving a fox. She had light-grey eyes, and a kind look that always glinted in them. She was sleeping next to her apprentice, Mousepaw, a brown tom. Mousepaw was a pretty good apprentice, but sometimes got in way over his head.

Crazytail: Yawns. Good morning, Mousepaw.

Mousepaw: Stirs gently. G—g—good morning, Crazytail. Yawns, and gets up.

Crazytail: I need to set the patrol, and then we can do something fun!

Mousepaw: Okay, Crazytail. Yawns once more and lays back down in the hopes of getting more sleep.

Crazytail leaps down from the den, and goes to one of the smaller dens. A red she-cat with green eyes called Appletail lays there, sleeping soundly.

Crazytail: Prods Appletail with paw. Appletail, wake up.

Appletail: Yawns, and gets up. Whowha?

Crazytail: Appletail, it’s your turn to lead a border patrol.

Appletail: Sadly. Really?

Crazytail: Sternly. Really.

Appletail: Sighs. Who else will go with me?

Crazytail: Stonetail and Firesmoke.

Appletail: Really? Longing hints in voice.

Crazytail: Growls softly. Yes, Appletail.

Appletail: Fine, fine.

Appletail jumps out of the den and slinks across the rock walls to find Stonetail and Firesmoke. Crazytail also jumps out of the den and heads to her den. She finds Mousepaw eagerly waiting her orders.

Crazytail: Are you ready?

Mousepaw: Eagerly. Starclan yes! I’ll do anything for this clan! Sunclan won’t even lay a paw across the border while I’m on the case!

Crazytail: Chuckles softly. Mousepaw, we’re just going hunting. We’ll leave the shredding to Appletail, Stonetail, and Firesmoke.

Crazytail briefly thinks about how it’s sort of nice not to have many warriors that need directing. Appletail, Stonetail, and Firesmoke were the newest warriors, and they needed a bit of help, but the majority of Rockclan worked independently. They were unlike Sunclan who always needed their deputy, Brownfoot, to organize every patrol. Crazytail sighs in relaxation.

Mousepaw: Confused. Crazytail? Crazytail?

Crazytail: Shakes head to clear thoughts. Sorry Mousepaw. Let’s go.

The mentor and apprentice leave the den, and pass a few warriors that are heading to hunt for the clan or patrol the border. Crazytail leads Mousepaw up the winding trail that leads outside of the hole that the clan lives in. Eventually, they’re at high enough in the path that they can jump out of the hole, and they do. Crazytail leads Mousepaw into the forest, and looks at her apprentice.

Crazytail: Looking at Mousepaw. Now Mousepaw, just remember—

Mousepaw cuts Crazytail off by running into the forest.

Crazytail: --Don’t go into Sunclan territory and don’t run off…

Crazytail sighs, and decides to see if Appletail and her companions are actually doing their job. The small she-cat slinked off to find the border. After a short walk, she came upon the newly appointed warriors… picking a fight with a few Sunclan warriors at the border. The deputy quickly went behind a tree to observe what the three new warriors would do.

Appletail: Rockclan could beat you any day!

Sunclan Cat 1: Don’t get all cocky on me, little warrior.

Sunclan Cat 2: Yeah Badgerclaw! Show that Rockclan—

Stonetail: Cuts off second Sunclan cat, We’ll rip the pelts right off you!

All of the cat’s fur bristles with hostility in their eyes, and Crazytail knows she must do something. The deputy walks out from behind the tree she was watching from.

Crazytail: Yelling. Stonetail! Appletail! Firesmoke! What are you doing?!

Badgerclaw: You need to tell your warriors to control their temper!

Crazytail: Glaring at Badgerclaw. You and Birdnose could work on yours too. Turns to face the three Rockclan warriors You three are coming with me.

Firesmoke: But we didn’t even mark the border! Now how will Sunclan know to stay away!

Crazytail: Sternly. This is your punishment. The patrol from yesterday had it marked, so the scent line is still there, but if Sunclan invades because there was no border, its’ on your heads.

The deputy leads the three young warriors back to their camp. On the way, the cats run into Mousepaw.

Mousepaw: Holding a mouse in mouth. Mmmf mfff mff mff!

Crazytail: Yes, yes, you caught a mouse. Now let’s head back to camp.

All five cats head back to the camp, but on the way there, Crazytail catches a strange cat scent, one she has never smelled before. Crazytail sighs, now realizing that she doesn’t only have to tell her leader about the three troublesome cats, but about a possible rouge in Rockclan territory. The cats reach the camp and enter it.

Crazytail: Looks at Firesmoke, Appletail, and Stonetail sternly. You three go to your dens. Yellowstar will tell you your punishment after I speak with her.

The three warriors, their heads down, pace in the direction of their dens. Crazytail look away and turns her head at Mousepaw.

Crazytail: Put your freshkill in the freshkill pile, Mousepaw.

The young apprentice dashes off towards the freshkill pile, and Crazytail walks towards Yellowstar’s den. Unlike most of the cats, whose dens are off of the ground in the wall, Yellowstar’s den is a cave that touches the ground. Crazytail pads in to see Yellowstar looking straight at her.

Yellowstar: Sighing. What’s the problem this time?

Crazytail: The three new warriors, you know, Appletail, Stonetail, and Firesmoke? They picked a fight with two experienced warriors at a border patrol.

Yellowstar: I’ll deal with them.

The clan leader sighs once more and heads off towards the cat’s dens Crazytail started to think about the den system. The more experienced a warrior you were, the closer to the ground you were. The only acceptations were the Medicine Cats, whose den was unmovable, the nursery, and the apprentices. Warriors slept in the higher dens with their apprentices until the apprentices became warriors. The mentor would move back to their den, and the apprentice would keep the den, a new warrior. There were plenty of empty dens, so you didn’t have to wait for a old warrior to die before you could move closer to the ground. The elders were the only cats who also had ground-dens, because they needed to be easily able to get to the freshkill pile and other places. There was only one elder in Rockclan currently, a grumpy tom named Suneye.

Crazytail then realized that she had forgotten to tell Yellowstar about the mysterious scent. The deputy raced off after her leader, knowing that Yellowstar would need to know about it.