• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocket Vs Plasma: What if it was properly shown on TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paraqua

Beginning Trainer
Not sure if there was already a thread about this but I was wondering the following thing:

If the great Kanto Earthquake and Tsunami of last year didn't take place and the Rocket Vs Plasma 2 episode mini-arc was broadcasted on the planned date, how do you guys think this would have affected the story line of Pokémon Best Wishes?

Would it still be the same as it currently has been or do you think it would have been much darker in tone? Because up till now, Best Wishes has a story line in which it seemed that battle never occured The only thing we did hear was that Giovanni dissapeared after that battle.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Well, aside from the two-parter probably being awesome, I'd expect we would've had at least a couple more Plasma episodes by now although there's no way to really tell (there's the Livecasters, yes, but by this point they would've had more than enough time to rearrange the LCs to disguise missing episodes if they'd decided to skip TP for good). I don't think there'd be a significant shift in overall tone, though - maybe the Plasma-related episodes would've been darker than what we usually get, but Pokemon isn't much for being consistently dark. (The writers seem to prefer doing silly things like dressing Cilan up as Elesa, and I can totally respect that.)

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Well, aside from the two-parter probably being awesome, I'd expect we would've had at least a couple more Plasma episodes by now although there's no way to really tell (there's the Livecasters, yes, but by this point they would've had more than enough time to rearrange the LCs to disguise missing episodes if they'd decided to skip TP for good).

That's mostly a 5-minute job they could've easily done if they had wanted to, they just... don't care whether those LCs air in odd orders because the kids won't notice anyway.
At the time those episodes were meant to air, the current episodes weren't in production, though, so what you see on TV now is stuff that was written after those episodes were postponed. Would things have happened differently had those episodes aired as planned? Possibly, though I don't think there's some super major arc we're missing out on here.

Also, please note that everyone involved with the show are still saying these episodes are merely postponed, and will air at a later date. Presumably they're just holding them off until the next part of the Plasma plot starts. Remember that the Galaxy plot in DP didn't really start until roughly 100 episodes in either.

(and for those comparing Plasma to Porygon... those are completely different situations. An episode featuring Porygon directly caused the hospitalization of many children. Plasma... would've appeared in some episodes that ended up not airing due to a catastrophic real-world earthquake striking right before they were set to air. Major, major difference there. Plasma has no connection to this catastrophe in most people's mind, since, well, it neither caused it nor aired in any sort of proximity to it. It just got postponed due to sensitivity issues regarding its content, and that's all)

Haunter ゴースト

Very useful post on the TR v TP episodes once again Dephender, cheers.

I'd like to think nothing would be different, but I think it's pretty obvious Team Plasma would have appeared sooner than now again if the episodes hadn't postponed.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
I think its safe to assume were never seeing P. Sure they said we would get them but its been close to a year so yah....GS ball once again XD

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I think we could have gotten some more episodes with Team Plasma, but I doubt they'll appear now unless they're saving Team Plasma for whatever is in BW 2.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Also, please note that everyone involved with the show are still saying these episodes are merely postponed, and will air at a later date. Presumably they're just holding them off until the next part of the Plasma plot starts. Remember that the Galaxy plot in DP didn't really start until roughly 100 episodes in either.

Has that been re-said recently, or is it just the old messages from right after the earthquake happened? Because if it's the latter, it could well be that they've changed their minds and haven't bothered to update anything yet.

That's a good point about Galactic, though, although with BW's storyline otherwise moving a lot faster than DP's did, you'd expect Plasma to have shown up at least once more by now, assuming they weren't defeated and disbanded in the two-parter like some have speculated.

But I guess we'll just have to wait and find out, huh?

I don't think it really would have affected the anime. Team Plasma will come up. They could have a big arc to keep the series going. Black and White is moving fast and having Plasma later could help prolong it.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
We would've seen 2 great non-dumbed down episodes of 2 evil teams just beating the crap out of each other. That said Serebii should really put the 2 episodes on the banned episode section if he hasn't already.

We would've seen 2 great non-dumbed down episodes of 2 evil teams just beating the crap out of each other. That said Serebii should really put the 2 episodes on the banned episode section if he hasn't already.

They are not banned. They are supposed to air at a different time.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
They are not banned. They are supposed to air at a different time.
Judging by the fact that they haven't mentioned nothing else about them yet I'm not holding my breath.

Ariketh

龍奥杰
They could be saving it for post-league, or post-badge pre-league. They are moving through the badges very fast. 6th badge already, and it isn't even to episode 100. In fact, it is nearly 1 badge every 10 episodes. Not that I don't like it - I'm happy to see this happen.

It would give them something to do after they could use to stretch it out. It could cause them to change up the episode format and breath new life into the series in a way. I'd be happy to see Ash with a team of 12 battling against Team Plasma/Team Rocket. It would be interesting, rather than juggling two things at once, they could focus on one at a time. It would also give us more time to see the personalities of each Pokemon.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
but I think it's pretty obvious Team Plasma would have appeared sooner than now again if the episodes hadn't postponed.

No, they wouldn't.

Ask yourself: when has the anime EVER given the evil regional teams frequent, well-paced appearances?

The two-parter's postponement affect NOTHING concerning Team Plasma in the anime.

I think its safe to assume were never seeing P. Sure they said we would get them but its been close to a year so yah....GS ball once again XD

Except that previews for it still air when BW22 airs in Japan, and the message that they will air later still pops up each time BW25 airs.

So no, it's not the GS Ball once again.

(and for those comparing Plasma to Porygon... those are completely different situations. An episode featuring Porygon directly caused the hospitalization of many children. Plasma... would've appeared in some episodes that ended up not airing due to a catastrophic real-world earthquake striking right before they were set to air. Major, major difference there. Plasma has no connection to this catastrophe in most people's mind, since, well, it neither caused it nor aired in any sort of proximity to it. It just got postponed due to sensitivity issues regarding its content, and that's all)

THANK YOU. See guys, Dephender knows what he's talking about.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

No, they wouldn't.

Ask yourself: when has the anime EVER given the evil regional teams frequent, well-paced appearances?

I agree to an extent, you should take note that BW is faster paced, so their appearances could have been more frequent.

The two-parter's postponement affect NOTHING concerning Team Plasma in the anime.

Apart from the fact because of this they haven't debuted in the anime?

And the fact they're biggest involvement (Dragon Spiral Tower) is approaching the anime soon, i'd hate to see this plot dropped.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
sadly they never will :(, what a ruined plot!

They're not ruined, they just want to wait until the furore over the earthquakes has washed away, then we'll get them. I mean, the disaster and the episodes airing are two entirely different things, neither of them directly influenced the other and right now it's not something we're all BAWWing about.

Anyways, for all we know they could be using BW2's upcoming involvement in the animu solely for Plasma, to catch up on them and whatnot, while even if the episode did air it'd still be a long time (as seen by the Castelia - Nimbasa gap) for another Plasma episode to possibly air.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Gee, what happen to all of that positive and hopefull optimism that everyone had two months ago about Team Plasma appearing sooner or later? I guess it's finally hitting a nerve.

AgentPierce

Mad science FTW!
I agree to an extent, you should take note that BW is faster paced, so their appearances could have been more frequent.

Even a faster pace doesnt change completely how the writers handle these kinds of things, and there's also B&W2 to take into consideration.

If Team Plasma gets ressurected in those games, then they'll probably turn up when the anime inevitably goes into a B&W2 saga after the Unova League.

Gee, what happen to all of that positive and hopefull optimism that everyone had two months ago about Team Plasma appearing sooner or later? I guess it's finally hitting a nerve.

People are just impatient because it's taking so long. I am too, actually, but I don't let that get to me so much that I say that the postponed episodes will never be broadcast, especially when the previews for it at the end of BW22 and notices of it being postponed in BW25 keep on circulating. It's HIGHLY doubtful we'd keep being reminded of them like this if they were indeed never to air. We just have to keep on waiting. When Team Plasma makes their scheduled return to the anime, whenever it may be, then their debut will air.

Last edited:
People need to realize that Black and White are going to last 3 years. We still have plenty of time for them to show up.

Status
Not open for further replies.