• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RocketShipping 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tochukasu

WATTSON, FOO'.
^ Oh, hai! I got into the pairing a few months back, when I started watching Indigo League eps again ... you do the maths XD. I'm actually watching my way through the whole series at the mo, I'm near the end of Johto right now.
I guess what I like most about RocketShipping is that their relationship is my idea of an ideal relationship. Even though they're totally screwy...X3
Last episode of DP came out yesterday! Anyone see it?
Takeshi-kun leaves *sobs*

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Ah, best of luck with finishing it! ^__^ Master Quest has quite a few cute scenes with the Rockets, although there are also some bordering-on-OOC nastiness between the trio of friends.

[SPOIL]Don't forget Hikari. ;^;

It's all so very sad... but beautifully animated! And, as you can guess, I watched it.[/SPOIL]

Tochukasu

WATTSON, FOO'.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Hi! I've been an avid fan of this pairing for years now. Can I join this thread?

My first question for you is why are you a RocketShipper?

Well, for starters, I strongly do believe Jessie and James do have feelings for each other. Really, I do.
They've had a lot of fallouts with each other and they've even split a couple of times and they've always remained a team.
What else is there to say?

DigitalUpkeep

I make no sense.
Hmmm.... Add this to another in the long list of ships I like but I'm not sure if I support. Oh well, I'll at least contribute to the discussion! :D.

If anyone's looking for a good, recent episode, I'd definitely recommend DP117 (Noodles! Roamin' Off!). Nice whole episode of them caring for each other. :D.

It's kind of disappointing that with their new seriousness in Best Wishes they probably won't blast off as much, and have fearhugs or amusing interactions, but oh well... We'll see..

Musapion said:
Most Roketto-dan/Team Rocket fans seem to like Takeshi/Brock. He's the most mature of the kids, that and he can be quite kind to the Rockets. x3

Yeah. xD. Especially James. Remember "Arriving in Style"? That was some great interaction. xD.

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Eeee, I'm still not over how gorgeous the last episode of DP is!

It looks like the structure of Filb's anime screencap pages changed...

http://www.filb.de/anime/dp/191

Now they're all on one page! You have to click the little pokeball/monsterball to get more.

Welcome, ~SkyHigh~! <3 It's always good to have more fans around.

It's nice to recieve something before BW starts, I must say.

Yeah. xD. Especially James. Remember "Arriving in Style"? That was some great interaction. xD.

Don't forget giving Musashi/Jessie a blanket way back in Jouto/Johto, when the girls got switched around!

Tochukasu

WATTSON, FOO'.
Welcome ~Sky High~ and Digital Upkeep!
It's kind of disappointing that with their new seriousness in Best Wishes

New seriousness? :eek: What with
Takeshi leaving
and the new uniforms, I get scared that there is going to be shark-jumping in the new series ...
But enough of me being paranoid. :) I only wish I knew Japanese so I could watch the latest eppie! How gorgeous was the last episode, anyway? I only looked at screenshots. ;047;

Rocket Girl

There was no fearhug in DP191... not even close.

I'm very surprised you guys aren't excited about Best Wishes considering how promising it looks for us. Hopefully we'll get something this week on the Hoso's 7th anniversary!

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Welcome to the ship, everyone! New fans are awesome, and it's great that the ship is pulling in people through both the old episodes AND from Best Wishes, which is looking now like it might be a big draw for quite a few new Rocketshippers. *so excited*

Tochukasu said:
^ Oh, hai! I got into the pairing a few months back, when I started watching Indigo League eps again ... you do the maths XD. I'm actually watching my way through the whole series at the mo, I'm near the end of Johto right now.
I guess what I like most about RocketShipping is that their relationship is my idea of an ideal relationship. Even though they're totally screwy...X3

Ha! Me too, that's exactly what I say about their relationship. :D /Rocketshipping brofist

Oh, but adding to what Musapion mentioned about MQ, here's a word of advice about AG: The show itself was pretty good during that series, lots of great characters and the introduction of Contests -which become pretty important for Jessie, especially in DP- but it's pretty barren as far as shippiness goes. There are a few moments here and there, but overall it's not a great scene for Rocketshippers.

The good thing is it was really only way back during the first airing that it was tough for shippers, and that was because it wasn't known whether things would ever get better. Looking back from our vantage point here in 2010, it all turned out right in the end. I can safely tell you that DP is quite enjoyable for Rocketshippers, and Jessie and James have a great relationship throughout. That's... not exactly the case in AG. Some parts are not very fun to watch. But the series overall is enjoyable, and you know that the ship is not in the hopeless situation that AG occasionally made it out to be in.

Tochukasu said:
It's kind of disappointing that with their new seriousness in Best Wishes

Honestly, I'm disappointed too. It's just not the TR I'm used to, but it IS sort of a progression from DP where they had an expanded role and grew to be more normalized. That's what's hardest for me to accept right now. But a new TR is still TR, and I'm willing to give 'em the benefit of the doubt. I'm not going to worry and I'll keep watching to see how their relationship pans out through the series, but I am a teeny bit skeptical about this new bad-*** MO and dead pan seriousness lasting indefinitely. Not saying that it won't (it's already stuck longer than any other beginning-of-a-region differences at least), but I've been in this fandom long enough to know not to count on anything being set in stone.

What with
Takeshi leaving
and the new uniforms, I get scared that there is going to be shark-jumping in the new series ...

I wouldn't worry about shark-jumping since the show itself looks like it's on a pretty good track with the new characters and story and all that, but the differences in TR are hard to swallow, for me at least. It's still early on in the game, and there are a lot of directions this could go. I'm willing to bet, though, that whatever direction the series takes we'll still see shippiness throughout. Probably just sprinkled instead of piled on though. Unless they want to give us one huge Rocketshipping blowout episode, just for the heck of it. :p

Tochukasu

WATTSON, FOO'.
^ Sadly, it will be AGES 'till I can see any B/W eppies - first I have to wait for them to get subbed/dubbed, then I have to wait till they're on Anime Freak or something... but never mind, filb.de and Bulbapedia are practically watching it. :p

Imma try to stop being paranoid about Best Wishes. After all, what if this new seriousness leads to moar shippiness? I think maybe the old Musashi and Kojiro were a bit too ... immature/silly/whatever to realise that, 'Gah, I keep hugging them, why do I keep hugging them, oooh, I think I'm in love'. XD OK, so that's a weird way of putting it. But you get my point (I hope!).

(Er, this is off-topic, but does anyone know how or if you can change your username? Only I just found out it's Tochukaso. It doesn't really matter, but I'm a bit obsessive like that.)

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
I have no clue if you can change your username... I think you might have to get a new one altogether, as I did!

I tried my hand at drawing Kojiro and Musashi again, but it's been ages and, er, the end result is a bizzare mix of the new and old art styles, as well as my incompetence after such a long break from drawing the Roketto-dan.

rokettodan.png

Tochukasu

WATTSON, FOO'.
^ I think it's awesome. I like that you have your own style, better than it looking exactly like the anime. Where's the fun in that? :p
Anyway, at least you can draw. I can't draw to save my life. :rolleyes:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I have no clue if you can change your username... I think you might have to get a new one altogether, as I did!

I tried my hand at drawing Kojiro and Musashi again, but it's been ages and, er, the end result is a bizzare mix of the new and old art styles, as well as my incompetence after such a long break from drawing the Roketto-dan.

rokettodan.png

I think it looks pretty darn great actually, especially for something that is fan-made. Yeah the artwork looks a bit unusual and all, but it still works in a way since it's creative. I also think it could've contained some more Shippy/romantic stuff than it contains now. Something to give it an edge. James looks ok, like he's happy, but Jessie looks kind of scary-looking, or is that supposed to be her seductive look? Anyway, it's still fabulous in it's own right lol ;)

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
It's still awkward even by my standards. xD;; But thanks a lot, you guys! ^_^

I... have no idea what kind of look she's got on their. :D;; But yes, it could've been shippier.

To make up for it, art by someone who is FAR more talented than myself~

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z161/tatteredcurtains/Oekaki Archive/tomo_kojimusa3.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z161/tatteredcurtains/Oekaki Archive/tomo_kojimusa2.jpg
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z161/tatteredcurtains/Oekaki Archive/tomo_kojimusa.jpg

Art from waaaay back when I had an oekaki... and Tomo was around. ;_;

Status
Not open for further replies.