• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocketshipping General Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
*This is a revival of an old thread*

The old Rocketshipping thread was unfortunately shut down, so I'd like to take the initiative and restart it.

Are there any Rocketshippers here anymore?

I am, personally, a Rocketshipper. I think that the pairing of Jessie and James was a match made in heaven and needs to be made canon immediately.

Discuss.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
I'm not heavily invested in ships that don't involve Ash, but I do support this one. If they decide to make Amourshipping canon, then I believe they should make Rocketshipping canon along with it. The best way imo would be by Jessie and James finally giving up on their worthless pursuits and going after more worthy goals. In short, the ship becomes canon as part of their new life together on the good side of the crowd.

Innocentmercy

Ooh, I love Rocketshipping! To this day, Jessie and James are still rocking the series of their usual mischief. They're kinda inseparable xD

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
A Rocketshipping Thread!!!WOW !I am so excited!I really love Rocketshipping!Jessie and James are my favorite characters.For me the best Rocketshipping episode would be Holy Matrimony!Please don't let this thread die!If there is any shipping which has the potential to be canon its Rocketshipping. Let's now get some topic to discuss.Were there less Rocketshipping hints in the AG series? Its highly debatable.Some people think this series had more anti Rocketshipping episodes and few Rocketshipping hints.What do you all think?

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Alongside PokéShipping, I feel RocketShipping was one of my first pairings in Pokémon. There's a lot of strong chemistry going on between the two (the earliest I saw this was in episode four of the first series when James was whining they were bickering with each other, but it was probably there from the very beginning), to the point that even though they may be close friends--and we've gotten to see how they've remained friends for as long as they have--I do feel there's more to it than meets the eye. "Holy Matrimony" is probably the first, or at least first biggest clue used when pointing out their relationship, but it's always been there prior to the episode, and even long afterwards. Meowth I feel is the glue that does keep them together, and for all I know, he probably wants the two to spit it out to each other so they can officially get together. It's a little weird, but I think it's fitting.

Also, an interesting tidbit that in the original Japanese, they don't use honorifics when addressing each other. It's important to note because it shows their close relationship with each other.

Were there less Rocketshipping hints in the AG series? Its highly debatable.Some people think this series had more anti Rocketshipping episodes and few Rocketshipping hints.What do you all think?

Watching AG right now, I actually haven't been noticing it very much. Their chemistry is still there, of course, but I think that's always been the one thing about them that's stayed consistent during the series. Now admittedly, I haven't really been keeping a close tab on their relationship as such simply because there's not much of a difference in their characters coming off of Johto and they've been mostly thinking about wanting to please Giovanni by trying to prove Hoenn is worth infiltrating. (Only thing that's changed is Meowth's weird [nearly] once-an-episode boss fantasies--which actually came to be at the tail-end of Johto.) So if it's indeed there, it's so ingrained into my brain that I'm just not noticing it.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Epiodes like ' Sweet baby james' and 'Bicker the better' are considered as anti-rocketshipping by many.Well I don't think they are.I know that they bicker a lot and never admitt their love for each other but still I think fighting and bickering is the first sign of love.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Epiodes like ' Sweet baby james' and 'Bicker the better' are considered as anti-rocketshipping by many.Well I don't think they are.I know that they bicker a lot and never admitt their love for each other but still I think fighting and bickering is the first sign of love.

(Ooh, I'm close to seeing "The Bicker the Better" in my watch; I just need to get back into watching the show.)

Well, considering that Misty and Ash were always bickering is probably how PokéShipping first came to be in the first place, I'm not against that being a sign of affection. Everyone's going to squabble with their friends or significant other, mostly because we as humans are stubborn like that. Seeing Team Rocket bickering from the very start makes them very human characters, and it's no wonder they have good chemistry especially since more often than not, they make up like good friends do.

As for "Anti-RocketShipping" hints, I think most of that comes down to the way Jessie screams and smacks at everyone and James doesn't try to stand up for himself, as well as the amount of crossdressing James has done, which is apparently a sign he's gay--even though there's not much that really backs that up, in all honesty. (Although crossdressing in-itself is a sect of RocketShipping, with supporters calling themselves "QueerShippers", where gender roles are switched on Jessie and James, but they're still considered a couple. Seriously, I think RocketShipping's the only ship in existence with sects.)

Last edited:

Bananarama

The light is coming
Yeah, I wouldn't consider myself a "Queershipper" or whatever kind of shipping assumes that James is gay, because I don't see how one can make the assumption that James is gay just because he crossdresses. I find that as just a stereotype, and not as an actual indicator of his actual orientation. This could make for a good topic, actually.

What sect of Rocketshipping is your favorite?

I prefer the original Rocketshipping, for the reason stated earlier in this post.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
What sect of Rocketshipping is your favorite?

Yeah, I prefer the original RocketShipping as-is. I can at least see why the other sects have come to be (shipping is serious business, y'know), but I don't know if the reasons really work if they're all based on a single trait or two, and thus why they had split from the original. In a way, I think all of them combined in some form are what makes RocketShipping as a whole work, but when taken separately, they come off as unstable.

But looking back on the Bulbapedia page, it was noted the sects haven't been active as sects since AG, so I think it all came back together as one by now. The page also said under the general "RocketShipping" that it "consisted of people who believe that Jessie and James are currently not in love but believed that they eventually would be." Which separated it from R*cketShipping which "believed that Jessie and James are currently attracted to each other." So... *shrugs*

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Favorite sect of Rocketshipping?
Orignal Rocketshipping! Hands down! Anyways there is no other ship with sects except Rocketshipping.People give so much importance to Rocketshipping right? :p
Anyways a new topic to discuss.
What are the best Rocketshipping episodes?
For me, Holy Matrimony,The Training Daze and Noodles Romin off are the most rocketshippy episodes.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

I honestly can't think of any particular episodes outside of the obvious, but I've always remembered the conversation in the second Pokémon film, and this is pretty much my favorite thing ever of the two:

Jesse: Listen to me kid, when you get involved with the opposite sex you're only asking for trouble!
James: Yes, and that's the kind of trouble I stay out of.
Meowth: Yous two don't need the opposite sex cause' yous got each other! *cackles*
Jesse: What's that supposed to mean?!
James: Not funny!

Meanwhile, the original Japanese had this to say (from a fan-sub I just looked up online):

Musashi: Enough. Why are you talking about love-hate relationships between brats? You're ten years too early.
Kojiro: Even we still don't talk about it.
Nyasu: Whatever. You two are all love-love all the time, anyway.
Musashi: What did you say?!
Kojiro: What was that?!

xEryChan

Demon Child
Hello. I just love Rocketshipping, it is one of my all time favorite ships so I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in.

Hmm, I definitely think Holy Matrimony is one of the best Rocketshipping episodes. That episode is definitely one of my favorites. I also really like The Bicker The Better. There was also another episode from DP that Jessibelle was in but I can't really seem to remember the name of it, tbh.

Those are the only ones that come to mind.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Hello. I just love Rocketshipping, it is one of my all time favorite ships so I hope you guys don't mind if I jump in.

Hmm, I definitely think Holy Matrimony is one of the best Rocketshipping episodes. That episode is definitely one of my favorites. I also really like The Bicker The Better. There was also another episode from DP that Jessibelle was in but I can't really seem to remember the name of it, tbh.

Those are the only ones that come to mind.

Welcome, XEryChan to the Rocketshipping thread!
Holy Matrimony is a classic!
The Training daze and Noodles Roamin off are also amazing!

Last edited:

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Hi there I used to be a big Rocketshipper back in the original series days. I kind of fell out of it overtime however, but I still think this ship is cool. I loved episodes like Holy Matrimony since it had a few touching moments between Jessie and James and I also liked their scene from Pokemon Shipwreck when Jessie tells James they'll cross the bridge together and that she will not abandon him. :3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I also liked their scene from Pokemon Shipwreck when Jessie tells James they'll cross the bridge together and that she will not abandon him. :3

Ohhh that scene. That I think was the only time "Jessica" was used in the entire series--a little weird, but since they were kind of being a little dramatic over it (then again, they had nearly drowned in a previous scene), it didn't sound off. I should look up the subbed version of this scene and see how this one played out, I'm 90% certain there's a difference between the two versions here.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Ohhh that scene. That I think was the only time "Jessica" was used in the entire series--a little weird, but since they were kind of being a little dramatic over it (then again, they had nearly drowned in a previous scene), it didn't sound off. I should look up the subbed version of this scene and see how this one played out, I'm 90% certain there's a difference between the two versions here.

Yeah It was different and even more Romantic <3
So Do you think Rocketshipping will be a canon?

xEryChan

Demon Child
Tbh, when I was young, I always used to think Rocketshipping was canon. Jessie and James have together since the very first episode and they're still together. Rocketshipping is one of those pairings that should become canon regardless. It wouldn't be right, IMO, if it didn't.

Please tell me I'm not the only one.

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Aww, Rocketshipping. I love this pairing so much. Growing up, this was always my favorite pairing. I used to ship them together so hard and to be honest, I still do. I used to believe they were dating from the very first episode and I still do. This is just such a cute pairing and I love it. Do you mind I say join in?

Innocentmercy

I remember in the manga "In the Electric Tale of Pikachu" Jessie and James actually got married in the epilogue. Its loosely based on the anime though.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Aww, Rocketshipping. I love this pairing so much. Growing up, this was always my favorite pairing. I used to ship them together so hard and to be honest, I still do. I used to believe they were dating from the very first episode and I still do. This is just such a cute pairing and I love it. Do you mind I say join in?

Welcome to the Rocketshipping thread,Victorian Rush.I got into the anime last year and I am a huge Rocketshipper!I feel Jessie and james are meant for each other.They are kinda Inseparable :3

Status
Not open for further replies.