• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocketshipping General Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananarama

The light is coming
I remember in the manga "In the Electric Tale of Pikachu" Jessie and James actually got married in the epilogue. Its loosely based on the anime though.

Yeah, and that volume got extremely popular. It's evidence for us Rocketshippers of Jessie and James's relationship, so it naturally got all of that attention :)

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Yeah, and that volume got extremely popular. It's evidence for us Rocketshippers of Jessie and James's relationship, so it naturally got all of that attention :)

There is a chance that Rocketshipping will be a canon but The thing that happened at the end of the manga can't be on the anime.It's a kid's anime and I don't think they will show Jessie getting pregnant.LOL!
But one thing that i have noticed is that Ash has never danced with a Pokegirl.But Jessie and james have.(In a movie).

Last edited:

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Hi guys. HUGE Rocketshipper here! Love these two together. I just had to join.

There is a chance that Rocketshipping will be a canon but The thing that happened at the end of the manga can't be on the anime.It's a kid's anime and I don't think they will show Jessie getting pregnant.LOL!

I would say there is definitely a good chance that Rocketshipping will become canon. I'm honestly surprised they haven't started dating yet, unless they are and no one even bothered to tell us.

But one thing that i have noticed is that Ash has never danced with a Pokegirl.But Jessie and james have.(In a movie).

I guess it's a good thing he never danced with any of the PokeGirls, seeing as how he has two left feet. But honestly, that whole scene with him and Miette dancing was utterly hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing.

Which movie did Jessie and James dance together? Was it the 8th movie, I haven't seen it in so long.

Mewtario

"Shipping" Navigator
Jessie and James briefly danced in the most recent episode, granted poor James was being flung around like a ragdoll.

Rocketshipping is extremely unique among ships in general in that it's almost completely neutral: sometimes it hits bumps (most recently with that episode were Jessie briefly fell for a doctor), but in general it's a strong ship with near-universal support, where even the vast majority of fans of entirely opposing ships will find common ground in supporting it; even people who want to stay out of shipping wars or generally don't ship like Rocketshipping, which is a real feat!

Last edited:

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
People say Rocketshipping is DEAD.I think it was during BW but in XY, Rocketshipping is getting some focus.We have seen fear hugs(Although in very few episodes) in XY. In XY 63,We saw James crying for Jessie(Dude,I know you have feelings for her).And now in the recent episode(Ash and Serena getting one at a dance party) we got to see Jessie and James dancing!Rocketshipping is slowly getting back it's focus in the anime but no doubt, It was at it's prime during OS and DP.. ^^

Pastell

I love Rocketshipping, but if it became canon, we wouldn't be able to dream anymore.

Sure they can give us as many ship teases as they want (I welcome those), but I'd it did become canon, it wouldn't be fun anymore to speculate and geek out over their interactions.

I would prefer a non-canon side-manga about them to anything canonical.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
People say Rocketshipping is DEAD.I think it was during BW but in XY, Rocketshipping is getting some focus.We have seen fear hugs(Although in very few episodes) in XY. In XY 63,We saw James crying for Jessie(Dude,I know you have feelings for her).And now in the recent episode(Ash and Serena getting one at a dance party) we got to see Jessie and James dancing!Rocketshipping is slowly getting back it's focus in the anime but no doubt, It was at it's prime during OS and DP.. ^^

Rocketshipping is, most certainly, not dead. I supported it all the way through BW and I still do now. I will definitely go down with this pairing. I love it so much and I probably always will.

Also, I was completely over the moon when Jessie and James danced together in the last episode. That was so cute, if you ask me.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I love Rocketshipping, but if it became canon, we wouldn't be able to dream anymore.

Sure they can give us as many ship teases as they want (I welcome those), but I'd it did become canon, it wouldn't be fun anymore to speculate and geek out over their interactions.

I love rocketshipping too!But I partially agree with what you said.I would love Rocketshipping to be canon if u ask me.But not now.As of now,I want to see lots of Rocketshipping hints in the anime.I don't want it to be canon suddenly now.But It should be,maybe when the Pokemon anime will end.In the last episode they would confess their feelings for each other and become a couple. :) Our dream will turn into a reality!

Seachran

Is it just me or is the ending scene of Holy Matrimony one of the best, most memorable scenes in the entire series? When James says goodbye to Growllie and then reunites with Jessie- it's just so well done. Definitely one of my favorite moments, and one of the most emotional moments (not just for Rocketshipping but for the series in general).

Some of my other favorite moments are when they sing Team Rocket Forever.

I love rocketshipping too!But I partially agree with what you said.I would love Rocketshipping to be canon if u ask me.But not now.As of now,I want to see lots of Rocketshipping hints in the anime.I don't want it to be canon suddenly now.But It should be,maybe when the Pokemon anime will end.In the last episode they would confess their feelings for each other and become a couple. :) Our dream will turn into a reality!
Agreed. If they made it canon now then it would be difficult to make exciting in the end. What we need is just for them to get way more of the small hints and rocketshipping moments like they used to.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director

I kind of have to agree. As much as I love this pairing, it becoming canon now would not be as exciting. I want it to get some build up in th anime and I would love them to show just how much Jessie and James care for each other. Or maybe we see that they do have feelings for one another but are too afraid to tell the other, thinking they don't feel the same. Then right at the end they confess to each other.

That would be my ideal way for Rocketshipping to become canon.

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
I kind of have to agree. As much as I love this pairing, it becoming canon now would not be as exciting. I want it to get some build up in th anime and I would love them to show just how much Jessie and James care for each other. Or maybe we see that they do have feelings for one another but are too afraid to tell the other, thinking they don't feel the same. Then right at the end they confess to each other.

That would be my ideal way for Rocketshipping to become canon.

I agree completely!

Did you enjoy Kojiro's crazy cheering during the master class? I feel like their ending scene especially demonstrated growth in the relationship since the DP Grand Festival.

I'm not sure if Rocketshipping has regained the depth it had during DP, but growth like that makes me feel like there's still ground to cover and gives me something to look forward to. And as a special bonus we've had quite a lot of physical contact recently, may it continue :p I think we're due for another Rocket episode soon, fingers crossed!

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*boots thread as if it were a Magikarp*

I just finished watching "Take This House and Shuppet", and the beginning of the episode had Jessie, James, and Meowth bickering and beating up each other over whatever had happened. Then after the Shuppet took away their negative energy, they were all basically like "Friends again!", though James' comment, "They say that you always hurt the ones you looove!" made me snicker (if only because of Eric Stuart. Although his next sentence, "A good friendship can sure work up an appetite", was really weird lol). It was honestly the best part of the episode because of the whiplash and it was just funny in general. I dunno why watching them argue over silly little things makes me giggle so much.

In fact, that brings up a good question that hadn't been really mentioned:
What's your favorite bickering scene?

Musashi~

Fiery Destroyer! <3
Ah!I love it when J and J bicker!My favorite bickering scene has to be from the episode "Bicker the Better".
Jessie and James argue after their failed Tag Battle. One of James's complaints is, "If it weren't for my sterling loyalty, I would've become solo years ago," as if they were a couple. One of Jessie's accusations is, "Have you ever considered that maybe our blasting-off expertise comes from your side of the family?", as if they were married. When James jokes that Jessie's ugly, he sings about it. Jessie is somewhat angry and blushes, then smiles, covers her ears, and sings to drown out his voice. Since Jessie is obsessed with her appearance and is infuriated by even the most minuscule remarks about it, her laid back reaction signifies that she treats James somewhat differently than other people. All in all, it resembles a lovers' quarrel.

I love almost every bickering scene between Jessie and James but this is my favorite! :)

YourLieinEevee

I've been a huge Rocketshipper since I was 12... I own the manga where they get married... My Tumblr is pretty much dedicated to my ship and Team Rocket.

I, however, am not a fan of when authors... Finish a canon ship, if you will... Like Peeta and Katniss having babies and living happily ever after alone or Ginny and Harry at all really. I prefer to keep endings open, or else any of my writing or dreams for them become worthless. I love Jessie and James together, so as long as they are in whatever end we get, that's fine with me. If they get married, that's a plus but I'd be afraid that it wouldn't be to fans likings. The hints we get are adorable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.