• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocket Girl

So, I heard this place was a bit more active so I thought I'd stop by. It's great to see new people (especially Chelc) here, but I must disagree with all of you on 146.

I see nothing shippy at all about James winning the ribbon. The whole thing was Jessie's idea, not James', and he didn't really want to to do it. I wont say too much more since we still don't know all of what everyone was saying, but it doesn't seem like he was saying he had to win this for her.

Jessie Rocketka

Team Rocket Lover <3
I see nothing shippy at all about James winning the ribbon. The whole thing was Jessie's idea, not James', and he didn't really want to to do it. I wont say too much more since we still don't know all of what everyone was saying, but it doesn't seem like he was saying he had to win this for her.

Yeah, but at least he said he was happy that he was able to make her happy in the ending <3
And you always have other shippy hints in the episode, don't you? :3

granbull guy

Vasoline
OMFRIGGING I totally <3 Rocket Shipping especially when they huged when Jessie found out James won the ribbon for here. That made me go Aww! It was so sweet! This ship is so cute but I support it because I could see Jessie being the Manly one and James being the Feminine one I just love that :p

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
I like it when James tries to be manly tho. It's almost a guaranteed FAIL. Ah but he is a cute failure. ^__^ The "role reversal" is one of the charms of the pairing IMO. Cowardly boy + take charge girl = awesomesauce.
I'm hoping that the upcoming James ep has him freaking out
the title implies a treasure chest and danger
and Jessie coming to his rescue.

Rocket Girl

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
Mighty Moltres. That's the most extreme case of James trying to be a bold, passionate leader but coming across as silly. It's not that he can't be brave and/or noble, just that his screw-ups are more memorable and bring the lolz.
When I said "manly" I meant like a swashbuckling hero-type. Pokemon has charas that fit that mold (Sir Aaron and Jack Walker of Movie 8 & 9). Rly it is a manner of how "manly" is defined. I think his actions in DP 146 show him to be a caring friend who puts the desires of his teammate ahead of his own. In a sense that's v. manly even if he had to crossdress to do it!
Sry that I phrased it poorly and hope there's no misunderstanding now. :)

Rocket Girl

Mighty Moltres. That's the most extreme case of James trying to be a bold, passionate leader but coming across as silly. It's not that he can't be brave and/or noble, just that his screw-ups are more memorable and bring the lolz.
When I said "manly" I meant like a swashbuckling hero-type. Pokemon has charas that fit that mold (Sir Aaron and Jack Walker of Movie 8 & 9). Rly it is a manner of how "manly" is defined. I think his actions in DP 146 show him to be a caring friend who puts the desires of his teammate ahead of his own. In a sense that's v. manly even if he had to crossdress to do it!
Sry that I phrased it poorly and hope there's no misunderstanding now. :)

That's ok. I get what you meant now. :) And yeah, I do agree about that.

Though I disagree about him putting the desires of his teammates over his own. He was pretty selfish in DP146.

Lux

Carpe diem ~
Awww, looooong time no see! How you guys doing? I left these forums a while ago in order to deal with some real life stuff, but I heard about the chest threasure box episode and I came here to see what's all about. I didn't watch it yet, but considering the few spoilers I've seen, there's some rocketshipping potential in it, doesn't it?

If someone has indeed seen the episode, is it confirmed that James has had a crush on Jessiebelle when he was a child and wrote her a love letter, so that's the reason why his freak parents arranged the whole marriage thing? That's all I could catch by the spoilers so far. If someone has indeed seen the episode, is it confirmed that James has had a crush on Jessiebelle when he was a child and wrote her a love letter, so that's the reason why his freak parents arranged the whole marriage thing? That's all I could catch by the spoilers so far.

I'm really curious about Jessie's reactions on this and this episode as a whole, since "Holly Matrimony" featured one of the most rocketshippy scenes ever. Now the writers decided to bring Jessiebelle back for one episode, I guess that maybe this may mean good news for rocketshippers again.

I must say, however, that I'm surprised about the lack of discussion in this thread when an episode with major rocketshipping potential has just aired. Well, maybe the recent events may bring the rocketshippers back to action again, just like it happened to me. :)

Last edited:

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Awww, looooong time no see! How you guys doing? I left these forums a while ago in order to deal with some real life stuff, but I heard about the chest threasure box episode and I came here to see what's all about. I didn't watch it yet, but considering the few spoilers I've seen, there's some rocketshipping potential in it, doesn't it?

If someone has indeed seen the episode, is it confirmed that James has had a crush on Jessiebelle when he was a child and wrote her a love letter, so that's the reason why his freak parents arranged the whole marriage thing? That's all I could catch by the spoilers so far. If someone has indeed seen the episode, is it confirmed that James has had a crush on Jessiebelle when he was a child and wrote her a love letter, so that's the reason why his freak parents arranged the whole marriage thing? That's all I could catch by the spoilers so far.

I'm really curious about Jessie's reactions on this and this episode as a whole, since "Holly Matrimony" featured one of the most rocketshippy scenes ever. Now the writers decided to bring Jessiebelle back for one episode, I guess that maybe this may mean good news for rocketshippers again.

I must say, however, that I'm surprised about the lack of discussion in this thread when an episode with major rocketshipping potential has just aired. Well, maybe the recent events may bring the rocketshippers back to action again, just like it happened to me. :)

:OOO

It *has* been a long time! Wow. There haven't been many people around at all lately, let alone any of the ones from way back at the beginning of the thread. Nice to see you. :D

Sadly, there wasn't much shippiness at all in this episode. A hug (with Meowth in the middle. >( ) and briefly holding hands (for about a second... Rocket Girl has a screencap), but not as much as their could (SHOULD) have been, in an episode that's clearly perfect to work in some shippiness. But it's a good, fun episode anyway~

Lux said:

I'm really curious about Jessie's reactions on this and this episode as a whole, since "Holy Matrimony" featured one of the most rocketshippy scenes ever. Now the writers decided to bring Jessiebelle back for one episode, I guess that maybe this may mean good news for rocketshippers again.

Yeah, that's what happened. I don't know if that's the *only* thing that made his parents arrange the marriage, but that's what it looked like to me.

Jessie forgot who Jessiebelle was and had to be reminded again, but! But! I don't want to spoil anything, since it was so great to see this unspoiled, but Jessie --after James convinces her and Meowth to help him out, y'know, since they're a team and all-- helps him in a really awesome way. Not shippy, even though, again, it would have made for an *excellent* shippy moment, but funny. She didn't really react to anything else notably. :(

*has been reading Jessie Rocketka's translation on bmgf.* The source of my knowledge- I didn't get to see the whole episode, myself. :p I will, though! But way later than I'd like. :<

Ludi-Cola

Drink Responsibly
~just for a minute lets all do the bump!!~ ok it was still on the first page so it's not that much of a revival.
Loved the Full of Danger! James' Treasure Chest ep. No there wasn't any ginormous IN YO' FACE shippy bits but I think it illustrat why James couldn't put up with one dominant woman (Jessiebell) but sticks by a teammate that can be nearly as forceful. It's all in how they treat pokes: Jessiebell was v. dismissive of Growlie's bond w/ James. Jessie in contrast treats the Rocket pokemon much better. There are a few instances where her temper got the best of her but just in Sinnoh alone we've seen her release Dustox to have a happy chance at breeding, help Cacnea train, look for missing Mewoth & Mime Jr, and even was willing to have Meowth leave the team to pursue HIS goals at ramen shop.
Again this seemed to be as another of those eps where nothing lovey-dovey happened but strong friendship was shown and groundwork place should writers/fans want to add romance at a later (plz not too much later) day.
Not rly a ship comentary, but anyone else notice Jessiebell keep her Kanto hair coloring while Jess is the more "modern" fuchia shade? I preffer the newer look, it seems more anime-ish than real life, and I like a bit of cartoony sense in my ships. How do other rocketshippers preffer Jessie/James hair?

Lux

Carpe diem ~
:OOO

It *has* been a long time! Wow. There haven't been many people around at all lately, let alone any of the ones from way back at the beginning of the thread. Nice to see you. :D

Hey, Ampris!! How are you? Nice to see you too! I'm glad to see another rocketshipper from old times still around. :D

Yeah, that's what happened. I don't know if that's the *only* thing that made his parents arrange the marriage, but that's what it looked like to me.

Jessie forgot who Jessiebelle was and had to be reminded again, but! But! I don't want to spoil anything, since it was so great to see this unspoiled, but Jessie --after James convinces her and Meowth to help him out, y'know, since they're a team and all-- helps him in a really awesome way. Not shippy, even though, again, it would have made for an *excellent* shippy moment, but funny. She didn't really react to anything else notably. :(

*has been reading Jessie Rocketka's translation on bmgf.* The source of my knowledge- I didn't get to see the whole episode, myself. :p I will, though! But way later than I'd like. :<

Yeah, too bad it turned out not as good as Holly Matrimony rocketshipping-wise, but I do agree with Ludi-Cola post.

And if James had once a crush on Jessiebelle but gave up on her because she dispised his relationship with his pokemon, it's not difficult to picture him falling later for someone whom looks exactly like her (dominatrix diva personality included) and respects/supports him and his pokemon instead, isn't it? ;D

Ludi-Cola said:
:Not rly a ship comentary, but anyone else notice Jessiebell keep her Kanto hair coloring while Jess is the more "modern" fuchia shade? I preffer the newer look, it seems more anime-ish than real life, and I like a bit of cartoony sense in my ships. How do other rocketshippers preffer Jessie/James hair?

I guess I just got used to the new ones because it works better with the new art style, I guess, but I do love old style Team Rocket. They seemed more threatening (do you guys remember their first appearence in Pokemon Emergency?? Lol), which made a nice contrast with their comic relief role in the series.

Last edited:

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Hi, Lux!

D'awww, KenKasu. <3

Anyway, I haven't seen the episode yet, but it does sound cute. Aha, yes, there's definite similarities, although Musashi >>>> Rumika when it comes to respect for Kojiro and Pokemon, sorry to say. <3

Manliness fail is like when he tried to rescue Musashi (and Nyasu too xD) from Kaiza's gunfires by leaping off that sign.

QUITE cute.

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
Rocketshipping for ever!!!
Jessie and James belong together forever! In the anime they should express their feelings for each other at some point or I will scream and go crazy!

Last edited:

Demona

Hello fellow Rocketshippers :D
I've been absent from this forum for a while, and the last time I've been here I said that I was going to make a comic about TR, and I also asked if it was alright if I used the Japanese names for everything...
Soooo anyway, I have the cover of this comic and two pages now. TRio doesn't appear in these two pages yet, but they will in the next page, which will be coming out soon :) I really hope I'll not turn that story into something boring :) (Btw, I kind of forgot if I already drew the cover when I was here last, but I'm going to post all links just in case.)
Cover http://demona-silverwing.deviantart.com/gallery/38030409#/d55z8e7
Page 1 http://demona-silverwing.deviantart.com/art/DoF-Page-01-341371676
Page 2 http://demona-silverwing.deviantart.com/art/DoF-Page-02-342775598

Last edited:

xEryChan

Demon Child
This topic has been bumped after sfter more than two years of inactivity so I have to close it. If anyone wishes to create a new Rocketshipping thread, they may.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.