• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocketshipping General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
Me too, i found my way ot serribbi.net by looking for info on the Origins of truth and love (or Training daze the dub name)
Its to bad ur brother isn't a rocketshipper. My little brother has converted all his friends from around the street i live in to rocketshippers, he had a pokemon day last year and it was so cute and way random seeing all these kids getting emotional over holy matrimony.

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Aww, that's sweet. Your brother's making sure the younger generation is informedXD
And I kind of dislike that dub title, it's already been done and the original is so wonderfully blatent.

Wow, sixty-one posts on four pages, this thread is coming back to life beautifully!

N

nachocheeez

I agree, it's wonderful that this thread has life again!!! It used to be so much busier 2 years ago when I was on here, but it's great to see that even now we have some true Rocketshippers :)
I don't have a brother but my sister is a Rocketshipper too. I think it's partially my fault. The reason I'm so into Rocketshipping is because Holy Matrimony was the first episode I ever saw if I remember clearly, as well as my favourite ep.
Just because I'm in the mood I'll share a story with you to prove how much of a Rocketshipper I am. My dad just got back from Japan and he bought me a James figurine and I was so excited. Since I was on a TR high I decided that on my crazy dress day at school I should go as James LOL. I got the full uniform, white top and pants, black boots and gloves, red R and I even died my hair blue. At the time everyone loved me and thought it was awesome, looking back I look like an idiot :D I actually have a picture of me in the costume. If I can find it I'll show everyone here for a good laugh ;)

Ampris

Slip slidin'
LOL! That sounds hilarious, hooray for crazed Rocket fans! I dressed as Jessie for Halloween and it rocked, my other brother even went as James. When we were trick-or-treating, we saw this girl who was dressed as Pikachu and she started laughing hard. It was awesome, I still have the costume and even considered weaing the shirt to a art festival I was performing in where we had to wear a white shirt. Sadly, I didn't, but that would have been fun.
I hope you can find that picture!

N

nachocheeez

HAHA!!! Nice work there Ampris :D You completely kill my costume because you had Jessie and James... and you didn't have to go as the male LOL! Lots of people have dressed as TR I have talked to. When I used to be on the forums there was this chick called teamrocketgirl7 I think and she did the same thing :) I think it's a trend!!! I found the picture, I think I was like 9 or 10 years old. It's really funny cause I am holding this Japanese TR card and I'm covering Jessie cause I was jealous LOL. I'll upload the pic later cause I have to scan it.

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
oh thats so cool, i can't wait to see the picture.
I've always wanted boots like jessie's they rock! Me and a friend of mine pretned to be Team Rocket at school once for some random reason we just recited the motto and went around posing back to back and stuff, he was a cool guy

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Ha, your friend sounds like lot of fun:D And I agree about her boots, they're awesome!

I found out today that the Chronicles will be airing an America this summer, but only once a week for a grand total of twenty-two weeks. Sadly, Love and the Origin of Truth is one of the last ones in the lineup, so I'll have to wait an excrutiatingly long time to see it;-;

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
oh its a shame it'll take so long, but at least you know its coming now! its a great ep! "we're no angels" (the other TR JJM cronicle ep) isn't such a great ep tho, u'll see why, it has the most irritating, innoscent, over the toply sweet filler character ever in it, its impossible to fight the urge of wanting to hit her hard with a shovel

Ampris

Slip slidin'
I assume you're talking about Rose, whose dub name remains one of my all time LEAST favorites:< Yeah, I've heard about her, but I don't know too much. I'm not really looking forwad to that one. A shovel? Is she really that bad?

Mimori Kiryu

Hey, I guess I'll post here. ^_^ I'm a BIG fan of Rocketshipping and have been for awhile. :D

Ampris

Slip slidin'
Welcome, Kanami, we're glad to have you here! The more the merrier, and there doesn't seem to be too much support here:)

Mimori Kiryu

I don't see why not. Rocketshipping is probably more canon then Pokeshipping. XD But that's why I love it. ^^

Ampris

Slip slidin'
I don't think Rocketshipping is canon, per se, but it's by far more interesting than the more popular ships such as Poke and Advanced. That's why I like it, because there's so much to speculate about while still having a chance of coming true. Why more people here aren't into it, I'll never know.

Last edited:

Mimori Kiryu

The only reason I think it's canon is because the character were put together before the show started and the fact that James is the only guy that Jessie hardly ever sees and visa versa for Jessie. I mean, I also LOVE the comment that Meowth made in Pokemon The Movie 2000. 'You twos don't need the opposite sex, because you got each other.' And then both Jessie and James jump in to defend that they probably like each other. XD

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
~Ampris~ said:
I assume you're talking about Rose, whose dub name remains one of my all time LEAST favorites:< Yeah, I've heard about her, but I don't know too much. I'm not really looking forwad to that one. A shovel? Is she really that bad?

Yeah she's awful, Kate, god she is such [a bashing comment.]

WELCOME KANAMI!
back in the my childhood days when i was young and just a Gymshipper ( i switched to orangeshipping now), i presumed that Rocketshipping was cannon, i always thought that they were together anyway and didn't pay much attention to it. It just seemed obvious, sort of like contestshipping is now, But i think ppl take it for granted cos its so blatent. it was only after after the orange islands i started to realize how much of a good ship it was
I now know it isn't cannon, but i don't see why not, the evidence just piles up and up, the anti shippy stuff crumbles in comparison to the pro shipping moments.
But we never do know which way it will go, i recon the probabilty of Rocketshipping is the highest of all the ships on the show tho. they really deserve each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
N

nachocheeez

LOL, I feel quite stupid but could someone explain who Kate and Rose are??? I must have missed something...

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
Kate is in cronicles, she's just a villager (rose is her japanese name i think, Itsumu not sure about the spelling there)

Ampris

Slip slidin'
She was in "We're No Angels", I think. Yes, her Japanese name is Rose, which I didn't like to begin with but which the dubbers made even worse. I haven't even seen Titanic and I got the point:/

Mimori Kiryu

~Ampris~ said:
She was in "We're No Angels", I think. Yes, her Japanese name is Rose, which I didn't like to begin with but which the dubbers made even worse. I haven't even seen Titanic and I got the point:/
Do they like to use the most obvious things? @_@ I've seen Titanic ten trillion times and I still think it's stupid...(granted, I did cry the first few times I saw it. >>; yeah....)

Steffrox

de cold & de sorrow
hm yeah i creid at titantic but mostly cos i thought Leonardo was cute.
has anyone seen [SPOIL]Movie 8 [/SPOIL]yet? its quite Rocketshippy most the way thru which is good cos it was the most recent movie, now[SPOIL] movie 9 is coming tho[/SPOIL]

Status
Not open for further replies.