• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RocketShipping Revived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RocketToTheMoon

I noticed that the old RocketShipping thread died out a while ago, so I've decided to bring back the wonderful Jessie x James pairing to the community! NO FLAMING. If you don't like the concept of our favorite Rockets getting together, that's fine. But don't flame us for our opinions!
Basically, this thread is for anything RocketShippy. But no fanfics, please. Only like, official stuff, so episodes and quotes from the show.
Post away!

UPDATE: If you would like your fanart to be featured on the thread, PM me the link so I can approve it.

Last edited:

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
As much as I am annoyed by their constant presence in the series, always attempting to get Pikachu and not letting any of the game villains get into the spotlight, they do make a good pair. They just need to free themselves from the influence of Giovanni, and then they can start a new life together.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
...LET ME HUG YOU FOREVER FOR THIS FIRST ANIME OTP EVER FOR ME >:D
....You will be seeing a lot of me here.
First topic of the new thread~
Favorite Rocketshipping episode?
For me...I have to go with the classic Holy Matromony. ^_^ It's probably going to be a common answer, but like I said before it's classic :p I do like the fact it showed us more of their relationship as a whole, and how close they were. It was cute ^_^ ...until Meowth got ditched. :p

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I'd love to join this thread! :D

Why do you like Rocketshipping? I figure I should make a topic...and answer it or something

Ever since I was little I always thought of Jess and James as a couple. They may not be an OFFICIAL canon couple in the anime, but they've had tons of nice moments. I liked how in that one DP episode James entered a Contest for Jessie when she was ill. So I guess that'd be my favorite moment right now stuff like that melts my heart. Also keep in mind I haven't watched OS in a long time, so I may be forgetting some important stuff.

There's also a radio show that these two have now...and omg on Epi 7 (I think) there was a whole bunch of Rocketshippy stuff. XDDD

I have a question, would we be allowed to post fanart? I know that you asked for official stuff, but shipping is sort of a fanon thing. ^^;

Like I mentioned that DP one, and I totally forgot about Holy Matrimony. XDDD THAT ONE TOO.

OMG and who can forget about....argh what was it called? That Pokemon Chronicles episode that featured how Jessie and James met.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I like this pairing off-and-on for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of them together (and in one continuity they do get married), but I guess it just hasn't been as strong as, say, Pokéshipping--but even I fall in and out of the wagon with that pairing. I'm the traditional Rocketshipper when I get down to it, but I can get some of the other denominations for Rocketshipping (again, some).

I don't know enough of Best Wishes to know if there were any hints of the pairing recently, I just think the last known episode was "Noodles! Roamin' Off!", but that was a few years ago. It had a surge of popularity when it aired, but that must've simmered down. Either way, "Holy Matrimony" seems to be the most popular episode for Rocketshippers, next to the Chronicles episode, I suppose.

So yeah. I like Rocketshipping, but I don't think I'd ever fall head-over-heels for it. (Though it makes me wonder if Cori Falls still loves Rocketshipping...) Though I'll come by the thread every now and then, since I need to come back to this part of the Shipping Community anyway.

RocketToTheMoon

FullMetalAlchemist said:
They just need to free themselves from the influence of Giovanni, and then they can start a new life together.
I completely agree that if they left TR they'd stay together, but they wouldn't be the same team. I prefer them to stay.
SapphireIris said:
...LET ME HUG YOU FOREVER FOR THIS FIRST ANIME OTP EVER FOR ME >
....You will be seeing a lot of me here.
First topic of the new thread~
For me...I have to go with the classic Holy Matromony. ^_^ It's probably going to be a common answer, but like I said before it's classic :p I do like the fact it showed us more of their relationship as a whole, and how close they were. It was cute ^_^ ...until Meowth got ditched. :p
You're very welcome :D
And Holy Matrimony is definetly a favorite of mine, others are Noodles! Roamin' Off!, Dressed fro Jess Success (in this one, Meowth actually says to James "If you don't go through with this, YOUR Jess will stay sick!" it's not word for word, but the "YOUR Jess" part is), and the St. Anne eps.
And please, do stay around! Shippers must stick together! :D and VM me if you ever just wanna, like, recite the motto or something.... ;)
00poke_maniac said:
I'd love to join this thread!

Why do you like Rocketshipping? I figure I should make a topic...and answer it or something

Ever since I was little I always thought of Jess and James as a couple. They may not be an OFFICIAL canon couple in the anime, but they've had tons of nice moments. I liked how in that one DP episode James entered a Contest for Jessie when she was ill. So I guess that'd be my favorite moment right now stuff like that melts my heart. Also keep in mind I haven't watched OS in a long time, so I may be forgetting some important stuff.

There's also a radio show that these two have now...and omg on Epi 7 (I think) there was a whole bunch of Rocketshippy stuff. XDDD

I have a question, would we be allowed to post fanart? I know that you asked for official stuff, but shipping is sort of a fanon thing. ^^;
I love them because 1) I'm in love with James
2) they're a practical couple
and 3) they're just so dang cute together!
Isn't their radio show on tonight at 10? I need to watch it...
And yes, it was VEEERY shippy :D

Last edited:

RocketToTheMoon

Kutie Pie said:
I like this pairing off-and-on for some reason. Don't get me wrong, I do like the idea of them together (and in one continuity they do get married), but I guess it just hasn't been as strong as, say, Pokéshipping--but even I fall in and out of the wagon with that pairing. I'm the traditional Rocketshipper when I get down to it, but I can get some of the other denominations for Rocketshipping (again, some).

I don't know enough of Best Wishes to know if there were any hints of the pairing recently, I just think the last known episode was "Noodles! Roamin' Off!", but that was a few years ago. It had a surge of popularity when it aired, but that must've simmered down. Either way, "Holy Matrimony" seems to be the most popular episode for Rocketshippers, next to the Chronicles episode, I suppose.

So yeah. I like Rocketshipping, but I don't think I'd ever fall head-over-heels for it. (Though it makes me wonder if Cori Falls still loves Rocketshipping...) Though I'll come by the thread every now and then, since I need to come back to this part of the Shipping Community anyway.
I understand, since shippings are a really touchy subject and some being based entirely on opinion, why you would lean towards it some days and away the others. With Best Wishes having hardly any TR appearances, this shipping has become a lot less popular, especially with those new to Gen 5.
AG and DP had a lot of shippy episodes, (Sapphire, remember Hail to the Chef?? ;] ) and basically the last sign of shippyness was, like you said, Noodles! Roamin' Off.

Blessed

it's so great that there's now a thread about these two. They've been together for a LONNNNG time. ~ ♥
They're really perfect together and they have so many funny moments as well as shippy.

OMG and who can forget about....argh what was it called? That Pokemon Chronicles episode that featured how Jessie and James met.

OMG really shippy episode, which is "Training Daze" because of THE SCENE.

RocketToTheMoon

Angel~ said:
it's so great that there's now a thread about these two. They've been together for a LONNNNG time. ~ ♥
They're really perfect together and they have so many funny moments as well as shippy.

Originally Posted by 00poke_maniac

OMG really shippy episode, which is "Training Daze" because of THE SCENE.
I know! They deserve much more spotlight than some of these other pairings.
TRAINING DAZE....She's blushing, he's blushing, and we all know why... :D

Do any of you guys share my opinion that James seems to innocent for any kind of physical relationship?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Do any of you guys share my opinion that James seems to innocent for any kind of physical relationship?

You can say this for pretty much everyone on Pokémon, honestly.

But no, I don't think he is. I think he's just a bit scarred from Jessiebelle. The fact she still hasn't forgotten about their engagement (I don't even think they broke it off) probably doesn't help. I think there was an episode where a girl came up to James and declared her love to him, and he freaked out, but I'm not sure.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~

Romantic tension...~ =D
Hmm...well, I do think I remember Kutie Pie is referring to, but I could see a character like Ash who is entirely oblivious to romantic relationships to be too innocent for one, but not James. Plus, there was a moment in the original series I think (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's on the Rocketshipping page on Bulbapedia too ^^;.) where James and Jessies are trying to get out of a parachute, and Jessie yells at him "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR TOUCHING?!", which implies he was trying to do more then get out of the parachute...:p. *shrugs*

RocketToTheMoon

Kutie Pie said:
You can say this for pretty much everyone on Pokémon, honestly.

But no, I don't think he is. I think he's just a bit scarred from Jessiebelle. The fact she still hasn't forgotten about their engagement (I don't even think they broke it off) probably doesn't help. I think there was an episode where a girl came up to James and declared her love to him, and he freaked out, but I'm not sure.
By physical relationship, I meant a serious relationship, well, ya know. And I agree that most of the characters are very innocent, but I feel like him and Ash especially. I'd love to see J&J get together (obvs), but I personally am not sure if he knows about...all that.
SappireIris said:
Romantic tension...~ =D
Hmm...well, I do think I remember Kutie Pie is referring to, but I could see a character like Ash who is entirely oblivious to romantic relationships to be too innocent for one, but not James. Plus, there was a moment in the original series I think (Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's on the Rocketshipping page on Bulbapedia too ^^;.) where James and Jessies are trying to get out of a parachute, and Jessie yells at him "WHERE DO YOU THINK YOUR TOUCHING?!", which implies he was trying to do more then get out of the parachute...:p. *shrugs*
aww yeah...
And yes, I visit that page daily often, and you are correct on that. But that was from the Legend of Dratini episode, which was never dubbed in English, so that's technically only Musashi talking (I separate the Japanese from American characters mentally, since what they say often doesn't match up). She actually says, "What do you think you're doing?!" but same difference, I suppose...

Last edited:

Blessed

I agree, but Rocket is pretty up there as well with the other pairings. ~ <3

No lol, not really. Like Kutie Pie said, He's just scared of Jessiebelle.

RocketToTheMoon

Angel~ said:
No lol, not really. Like Kutie Pie said, He's just scared of Jessiebelle.
Ah, you all must have misunderstood me. I was talking about how I couldn't see him in any physical relationship because I wanted him to stay "innocent". I get what you guys are saying, I should have phrased the question better. But yes, I agree that the reason he's...like he is is because of that witch.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Alright, I thought of new random topics for you all :p:
If the both of them ever had kids like in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga, what could you see them being like?
For some odd reason I always invisioned that if they had a girl she would prefer James. I dunno why :p Just my weird headcanon~ And if they had a boy I always thought the boy would like both of them equally. ^^;
...It's my headcanon, don't question it. :p
Favorite Rocketshipping moment?
Since Holy Matromony is one of my favorite episodes of the original series, I pretty much have to mention the moment at the end. Always makes my heart melt when I watch it. <3 I do like Bicker the Better when James was calling her ugly and invoking Jessie's wrath too if funny moments between the two count. :p ^+^

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I agree, but Rocket is pretty up there as well with the other pairings. ~ <3

I don't think it's up there so much anymore, sadly. Rocketshipping has always had its ups-and-downs statistics-wise. I don't know how popular it is right now, but as far as I know, it's still pretty moderate. Rocketshippers, I've noticed, are a strong fanbase, so even if no newcomers come in, the fanbase will remain the same. It's pretty unique that way, I believe. I know of no other Pokémon shipping like that that I can think of.

RocketToTheMoon

SappireIris said:
Alright, I thought of new random topics for you all :p:
If the both of them ever had kids like in the Electric Tale of Pikachu manga, what could you see them being like?
For some odd reason I always invisioned that if they had a girl she would prefer James. I dunno why :p Just my weird headcanon~ And if they had a boy I always thought the boy would like both of them equally. ^^;
...It's my headcanon, don't question it. :p
Favorite Rocketshipping moment?
Since Holy Matromony is one of my favorite episodes of the original series, I pretty much have to mention the moment at the end. Always makes my heart melt when I watch it. <3 I do like Bicker the Better when James was calling her ugly and invoking Jessie's wrath too if funny moments between the two count. :p ^+^
Great topics, Saph :D I agree, James seems like the kind of dad a girl would want. And they would hopefully have purple-ish hair.
I LOVE Holy Matrimony, and all of the eps previously mentioned. And I was actually just about to mention The Bicker The Better! For those of you who haven't seen it, the scene we're talking about is somewhere in this: http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qX6h0LH9y1Q

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

I don't remember that at all, but that was cute XD. Sure, it sounds a bit childish (almost sounds like a sibling rivalry honestly), but good friends tease each other/argue like that, though maybe not in a sing-song voice. Not sure exactly how the original phrased it as such--because as we all know, 4KIDS had their own characterization for Team Rocket--but it might've been a bit silly in itself.

RocketToTheMoon

Kutie Pie said:
I don't remember that at all, but that was cute XD. Sure, it sounds a bit childish (almost sounds like a sibling rivalry honestly), but good friends tease each other/argue like that, though maybe not in a sing-song voice. Not sure exactly how the original phrased it as such--because as we all know, 4KIDS had their own characterization for Team Rocket--but it might've been a bit silly in itself.
Ah, nostalgia... I actually prefer 4KIDS over TCPI. Anyone else?

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I prefer 4Kids as well, even though James says they are the Devil (you know what I am talking about right?).

Status
Not open for further replies.