• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RocketShipping Revived!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Raspberyl

~Shining One~
Although Team Rocket is the most infamous crime syndicate in the show, this IS Pokemon we're talking about, so...

Anywho, here's a fun little question: Do you prefer fearhugs or handholds??? Pick your side....

...I have to choose? D: YOU ARE EVIL AND SADISITIC. Hmm...I like the fearhugs. :3 I find them oddly adorable, but I do like the handholds to :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Fearhugs, definitely. I don't remember too many hand-holding, and the only one I can think of is from the second movie (then again, it happens sometimes during the motto). But if there was another option available, I'd say their bickering is great as well. They have a lot of bickering, but they're such close friends, they easily let it go, and most of the time they don't apologize about it. Yeah, it sounds a bit odd, but it shows their strong friendship, don't you think? They have a lot of differences, but they put up with each other. That takes dedication.

RocketToTheMoon

Kutie Pie said:
But if there was another option available, I'd say their bickering is great as well. They have a lot of bickering, but they're such close friends, they easily let it go, and most of the time they don't apologize about it. Yeah, it sounds a bit odd, but it shows their strong friendship, don't you think? They have a lot of differences, but they put up with each other. That takes dedication.
Yeah, you do have a point there. They bicker so constantly, like an old married couple (*sigh* if only...).

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Do you prefer fearhugs or handholds???

I think I like the fearhugs...just because I always notice them and they make me laugh. (Yeah I'm a sucker for laughter medicine. XD)

I really hope the series goes into why Jessie and James are so cold...as in like they explicitly say it. Was it because of their promotion, and it is more of a front? We've seen some of the old TR throughout BW..like when James caught Yamask. X3 As well as in the Litwick Mansion...

RocketToTheMoon

00poke_maniac said:
I really hope the series goes into why Jessie and James are so cold...as in like they explicitly say it. Was it because of their promotion, and it is more of a front? We've seen some of the old TR throughout BW..like when James caught Yamask. X3 As well as in the Litwick Mansion...
Ugh, I haven't seen either of those! I'll watch them and review. Was the Litwick one Best Wishes or Rival Destinies?

Maybe...they were threatened? I can't honestly say I could see Giovanni doing that, but it's possible...Maybe he said he'd fire them if they didn;t straighten up?

RocketToTheMoon

Musapion said:
They discuss it in the Rocket Radio! It's definitely more of a front. ;3;

And they really do miss their old Pokemon, too, but that's a given...
I listen to Rocket Radio too! But I don't know Japanese...Could you maybe PM me once a week about what they say? Cuz I have NO clue...

Alrighty, everyone. New topic: Who will say it first??? Yes, you all know what I mean...

Thunderstrike18

Sandāsutoraiku
who will say it first??
I think James will because he's a man and all...
Or Mabye Jessie will lose her temper and explode or Mabye they will both say it at the same time in unison=]

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
I listened to the TRio Radio for Mamoru Miyano.....XDDD at least that epi was really shippy. I got a kick out of their "Jessie" and "James" in Engrish. XD

Who will say it first???

Meowth jk

I'd like to see James say it first. :) And aawww I really like the "say it in unison" idea. That's actually perfect for them. X3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I hear mention of Rocket Radio, but I've only ever got what it's about from here. Sounds pretty interesting. If only there was a way for it to be translated... perhaps.

Who will say it first???

I can see James goofing up and it slips out, but otherwise, they're rather stubborn about mentioning such feelings. Meowth is the one with the big mouth, and he brings it up a few times in the series (biggest one comes from the second movie). If what he says is true, it's possible Jessie and James are aware of their feelings for each other, we just don't see it onscreen.

Isn't the Rocket Radio being translated by someone over at Bulbagarden? I've been meaning to find the translations at some point since I heard there were some really shippy moments in one of the episodes...but I've just been too lazy to look lol.

Who will say it first???

I love the "say it in unison" idea too. It's so them. xD Hmm Meowth spilling the beans might work too considering how much of a loud mouth he is haha.

RocketToTheMoon

Only the Tweets from their Twitter page are being translated, as far as I know.

I really like the "say it in unison" idea as well. Like they get into an argument and both shout out "I LOVE YOU!" and then the rest...is history.

CathyHooves

20 percent
I love how James says 'That would explain the hair' after Jessie is blinded or something like that and she screams in her huge head way. Love like whoa. make up snuggling and being snooty nosed. <3 4 ever. love the firestarter of the thread.

RocketToTheMoon

A new poster! Welcome. You cannot escape now...JK :D
I don't remember that scene, but I'll look it up.

So do you guys have any fave JAJL fanfics? Mine's Dark Side of Innocence by Anna Sartin (PG13)
I suggest y'all check it out :)

EDIT:
CathyHooves said:
I love how James says 'That would explain the hair' after Jessie is blinded or something like that and she screams in her huge head way.
I just found out that quote is from "Rhapsody in Drew". Jessie calls Glalie beautiful, to which James responds, "You call that beautiful? Well, that would explain the hair..."

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I don't remember that scene either, CathyHooves. If that was from around D/P, that would explain it.

So do you guys have any fave JAJL fanfics? Mine's Dark Side of Innocence by Anna Sartin (PG13)
I suggest y'all check it out :)

I may check that out, though it sadly looks like the story is slowly becoming a dead fic, especially with that schedule slipping. It's taken eleven years to get to chapter thirteen. Well... *checks last chapter* Okay, it might be complete, but it's hard to say for sure. Still, I'll consider taking a look.

I don't have a favorite story, per se, but I really like the Rocketshipping works of 27dayz. He (or she, though I'm sure 27dayz is a male) is really good at keeping Jessie and James in character. I haven't gone back to reading his stories in a while, but what I have read is awesome. "It Felt Like Electricity" is probably my favorite of his.

There's also another story I like from another author called Face the Crystal Ball. It's really cute, and makes me giggle.

RocketToTheMoon

KutiePie said:
I may check that out, though it sadly looks like the story is slowly becoming a dead fic, especially with that schedule slipping. It's taken eleven years to get to chapter thirteen. Well... *checks last chapter* Okay, it might be complete, but it's hard to say for sure. Still, I'll consider taking a look.
It's not dead, it's finished. It's an older fic, obviously, but really good. The author lost it in her computer, I believe, and published it when she found it eleven years later. It's an amazing piece. Anna Sartin also wrote "the Rocket Series (R)" which is really good too, but also kind of mature.
I think I've read a few of 27dayz's works (I know I've read "It Felt Like Electricity"but that might be the only one), I'll check them out to make sure. And I'll read the other one, too.

Musapion

Boulder Trainer
Anna Sartin! I always loved her stuff. ;^; Also, also, I really liked Feathers and Foxtails. That was just cute (and I'm fond of anything that mixes animal and human natures and features~)

I read a Rocket Radio translation on... Bulbapedia, somewhere, I think?

( Say, is it true that there was a virus or adware infection of some sort from Bulbapedia or was that just a weird rumour? )

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I read a Rocket Radio translation on... Bulbapedia, somewhere, I think?

( Say, is it true that there was a virus or adware infection of some sort from Bulbapedia or was that just a weird rumour? )

I hope the Rocket Radio translation is on Bulbapedia, I'd like to see what they had to say.

I think the rumor was true. I had issues getting on Bulbapedia on my Mac for about a month or two. I thought that my Mac had finally got a virus or something that wouldn't allow me to access the website. It was a bit scary, but also annoying. It was probably from an ad, it happens sometimes.

RocketToTheMoon

Musapion said:
I haven't heard about that. I use PCs, so maybe it's just a problem on Macs...

They don't update the Rocket translation very often. They're still at least a month behind :(

Status
Not open for further replies.