• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

RocketShipping Thread (Version 3) *POTENTIAL SPOILERS INCLUDED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
If Team Rocket were to officially disband in the anime, do you think Jessie & James would still be with each other?

Most likely since they're basically peas in a pod. If they never end up in a romantic relationship, though, they will probably remain close friends. I've always liked to imagine they go in hiding if they ever were to quit from Team Rocket since I really doubt Giovanni will let people quit the job that easily. Especially since they most likely owe him a lot of money for all of those gadgets he loaned them.

Under what circumstances do you see Jesse and James getting together?

Not that I don't think this sort of thing hasn't happened anyway since they've stayed together this long, but I can imagine one or both of them experiencing a near-death experience that has them realize they really can't live without the other. *shrugs* That's really the best I can think of, the two are already close enough as they are that anything will get them to count their blessings.

PinkiePieFox

Team Flare Grunt
I probably support RocketShipping the most out of any ship. I've been slowly watching the whole series and Jessie and James will always come back together and team up. I think they're more of a 'opposites attract' duo and I find that funny and sweet at the same time.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I probably support RocketShipping the most out of any ship. I've been slowly watching the whole series and Jessie and James will always come back together and team up. I think they're more of a 'opposites attract' duo and I find that funny and sweet at the same time.

I really admire their resilience; how they always end up together again no matter what happens. They never give up on their dreams either which is what I really admire about the pair of them. Also like you said, they've got that opposites attract thing going. I love that they're so different yet still compatible with each other. I read that Jessie and James actually ended up together in one of the Pokemon manga; I'm not sure if that's true, but I'd love for that to happen in the anime at some point.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I read that Jessie and James actually ended up together in one of the Pokemon manga; I'm not sure if that's true, but I'd love for that to happen in the anime at some point.

In the epilogue of Electric Tale of Pikachu, they got married and are expecting. As it's an official manga, it's considered canon, even though it is its own separate continuity. I'd love for it to happen in the anime as well, but I don't think it's going to happen unless the anime goes down the path of Digimon 02 and has an epilogue and thus sink thousands of ships in the process.

RocketToTheMoon

How did I not see this thread earlier? Seriously, this just made my day week.
Obviously enough, I'm a huge R*cketShipper. I think I shipped them even before I knew what shipping was, from what I remember of watching the show as a little kid.

If Team Rocket were to officially disband in the anime, do you think Jessie & James would still be with each other?
Absolutely. Unless they somehow were completely unable to, like (I'm going to borrow from one of my headcanons, here) Giovanni had some kind of rule about agents not being able to contact their partners if they quit, being constantly monitored by the organization for all eternity, etc. Even if this ended up being the case, J&J would find a way to get back to each other.

Under what circumstances do you see Jessie and James getting together?
I have to agree with Kutie Pie and nearly every RS fanfic author ever and say "near-death experience". Lucario and the Mystery of Mew was a perfect foreshadowing of what could happen, but the anime skirted that chance back then--not that it would be a good idea to make them canon or give a big hint in a movie, since it could be debated that it's not anime canon.

Also, what did you guys think of XY014/the Espurr episode (in relation to RS, of course)? Was that not a particularly magnificent fearhug or what? :D
I can't begin to express how excited I am to see that XY seems to be giving some attention back to the TRio and RocketShipping. After BW, I was so scared that RS might be gone for good...but such seems to not be the case, after all.

TheMewster

Pokémon Connoisseur
How did I not see this thread earlier? Seriously, this just made my day week.
Obviously enough, I'm a huge R*cketShipper. I think I shipped them even before I knew what shipping was, from what I remember of watching the show as a little kid.

Glad to have you on the thread! I honestly thought this was going to die in a few weeks since there not that many RocketShippers here on serebiiforums :(

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I honestly thought this was going to die in a few weeks since there not that many RocketShippers here on serebiiforums :(

That's unfortunately the fate of threads dedicated to ships that don't have a big following on Serebii. You're eight years too late, I'm sorry to say, even though the first popular (next to Pokéshipping) Pokémon shipping deserves better respect than what's gone on in recent years. Like I said before in my first post here, I think the split into sects was what caused the downfall of popularity, so it hurt the ship in the long-run. Nothing we can do about it now.

RocketToTheMoon

The best we can do is just stick together and love our ship, eh? Fortunately, RS still has large followings elsewhere, and will never really die out. I agree with Kutie Pie, though--the ORIGINAL pokemon shipping deserves a lot more.
And thanks for the warm welcome, TheMewster!
(BTW, my old RS thread died out about a year ago, but if you snooped around I'm sure you could find it. I forget what all was discussed, though.)

Arvis

Not usually into shipping, but I recently watched "Holy Matrimony!" and I thought it had a great RocketShipping moment :)

Dragoniss

I'm 26 now, why am I still here?
I think the reason why it's just not getting as much hype is because of a few things:

1: There are more and more female traveling companions for Ash, so people have been trying to focus on that side of the shipping line. Ash IS the main character after all, so he's a bit more "important" if you get what i'm saying. Shippers are more interested in paring Ash up and having war's about who he should be with rather than looking at actually believable parings that really do have a large amount of backing to them. [I'm sorry if that sounded harsh but i've been in the middle of WAY to many Ash shipping wars to even ship him with girls anymore.]

2: TRio in general has declined in popularity arguable since AG. Hell i've seen more bashing of TRio than ever as of late. They are a very sticky topic nowadays as to who likes them and who doesn't and have caused lot's of heated debates. I feel now more than ever people are seeing them as a burden to the show rather than the comic relief they once were, and while I completely disagree and love goofy rocket and the way they've been portrayed I know plenty more people that would love my head on a silver platter for thinking that way.

I myself am a Rocketshipper. I like the way Jessie and James work off each other and while some may see it as a tad "abusive" I see it as rather tough love. You have to realize Jessie's backstory and why she act's as rough as she does. The fact she has been able to let James and Meowth into her heart as much as she has is already a blessing. They were paired up for a reason, because their backstories and personalities blend and play off each other so well. Jessie is strong and stubborn but isn't afraid to let her emotional side show through when it comes to only James. And James is a bit of a softie at times, so having Jessie there as a brick wall to support him keeps him moving. We've seen times where the two have split up for a while only to find they really can't do anything on their own, their personalities lend them to very much lean on one another. And Mewoth is like the glue that shows them this theory of "One can't be with out the other."

That's just my take on it anyway. Sorry for that weird view I kinda started rambling. I guess I should come up with a new question to get this topic reinstated:

How do you feel Meowth adds to the relationship that has been forged between his two human companions? Meowth is very much cast aside for Jessie and James, especially as of late, but he still plays a very important role on how the TRio acts and responds to situations. I already said how I feel about Mewoth a bit up in my previous paragraph, but i'd be interesting to know what others think.

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
How do you feel Meowth adds to the relationship that has been forged between his two human companions?

I agree that Meowth is the glue that holds them together, though how exactly is interesting. I think it was explained in "Go West, Young Meowth!" why it is Team Rocket is just not "Team Rocket" without him, but I can't remember how it exactly went (he brags he's the brains of the group and that the two would be lost without him, but I'm not sure how true that really is). But I knew it was that particular episode that proved that they were close as teammates and friends, so it's a bit intriguing that he gets left out of the equation easily, but in all honesty it's almost normal.

But of course, I guess that's to be expected since when you think of Rocketshipping, more often than not you think "Jessie and James forever!!!" and not "Team Rocket forever!!!". I don't know of anyone who is a fan of the threesome Rocketshipping part of it, and I personally find that really creepy in that context. But on a note of friendship or "nakama" as I'm sure they refer to themselves in the original, having Meowth be a part of the relationship makes sense. Jessie and James have great chemistry together, but when you add Meowth to the mix, all of a sudden you have these three goofy characters who have managed to make it work between themselves. Reminds me a bit of the Three Stooges, only less slapstick and more scheming. Or something or another...

I guess what I'm trying to get at here is that Meowth adds that extra flavor that makes the relationship better, no matter what his role is. When it's just the two of them, Jessie and James do make a great duo, but the same can be said for Jessie and Meowth, or James and Meowth. You can have the choice of the two if you want, but you're going to benefit better when you have all three.

Now is he all for Jessie and James getting together? He probably is since he jokes about it sometimes. He's just as much of an outcast as the two of them, and so either way, he knows he has no other place to go. Even if he tends to be the butt monkey/gets ganged up on, he's found where he belongs. So maybe as a selfish wish, he would like for Jessie and James to get together so that way he knows for sure they're never going to part for good. Jessie and James pretty much treat him like a human being (when he's not the punching bag), and they've expressed their gratitude for him at least a few times, so I wouldn't put it past them to not shun him if they ever end up an official couple. Just not as a threesome... no...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.