1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have received legal notice about the sharing of certain images for Pokémon Sword & Shield. Due to this, we have a new rule. If you post said images, you will be removed from the forums until 15:00 UTC on November 14th 2019. We have also killed the leak discussion threads for the time being. Thank you for your patience during this. If you have any queries, use the contact form
  3. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) (744)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jun 14, 2012.

1. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Homika didnt smack the boy who owned the Gothitelle did she? I didnt watch the episode, but the screencap makes it look like that.

2. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

It was "junk" because everyone was jumping to conclusions. Whenever I made a prediction with Boldore starting first or anybody else's prediction, people were like "Unfezant vs Koffing is confirmed to be first" meh.

3. By the way why is Meloetta stalking Ash?

4. WaterShuriken

Ash saved it from getting hurt by falling props.

5. gliscor&yanmega

gliscor&yanmega Well-Known Member

Jumping to conclusions on a vague summary that could have easily suggested Unfezant vs Koffing being first hardly is "junk".

Did he say it's name before scanning it at all or anything?

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Omg, Homika had freckles! She was so cute; she totally made the episode. Aside from her, nothing was all-that interesting. Her Koffing was as amazing as a Pokemon could be, but it still left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I think that stems from the fact that it was so incredibly poweful; I expected it to put up a challenge, but that thing was slaying all of Ash's Pokemon like it was nothing. Thankfully Leavanny saved the day, although I still wish Boldore had defeated it. Anyway, it was a solid episode.

Tell me more.

7. Takeo

Takeo Well-Known Member

match was good, I don't care if ash won and the rules were set for 3vs6 ***** didn't deserve that badge

8. WaterShuriken

So I guess you and many of the people who play the games don't deserve the badges either?

This was exactly like a game gym.

9. Akaku

Akaku ...

Unfezant was great, if she hadn't been poisoned she could have won. She did better than Boldore in my opinion.
    Ash was thinking about recalling her but she wanted to continue. It was the best matchup of the first episode in my opinion, love that the writers are sort of making her a stronghold amongst Ash's Pokemon. :D

10. OnceUponATime

OnceUponATime Wicked

I thought the same thing. I was a little surprised when I saw it on the episode pictures. I was like, "you got stalked by one in Kanto (TR). Wtf!?" Hahaha.

11. WaterShuriken

Do people realize that he never ever scanned Koffing in the pokedex until today?
    Do people realize they have him scan pokemon he's seen to "inform" the younger audiences?
    Do people realize that in the anime each time Ash gets a pokedex, it has more information on the pokemon than before?

12. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Oh my God, an intelligent post.

Thank you!

13. Takeo

Takeo Well-Known Member

This isnt the game. A Pikachu being able to beat legendary's but loses to a Panpour. Anime Logic.

The battle just shows how weak Ash is.

14. WaterShuriken

No it just shows how overpowered Homika was. It was to hype up BW2.

15. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

Complaining about scanning? Come on, he scanned a Charizard in Johto it was obvious he would.
    Oh, and you obviously don't remember the Kanto days either becaause Jessie never owned a Koffing.
    *Facepalm*

16. DeLaw

DeLaw Active Member

Didn't Ash already see a Koffing in Episode 2 "Pokemon Emergency!" Why is scanning Koffing with his Pokedex?

17. 32er

32er TM87? I got TM32 :]

Anyone moaning about the scanning hasn't watched the anime in years.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I don't see why that matters; the Pokedex gives us trivial information 95% of the time. It rarely serves a purpose. In fact, I'm convinced that they only have Ash use the Pokedex to fill up 10-15 seconds of the episode. It's a very smart process, but it's becoming more redundant than Team Rocket. #truthtea

19. RickHoenn

RickHoenn Banned

He NEVER EVER scanned a Koffing until this episode. =|

When people whine because Ash scanned X old pokemon mean something is terribly wrong, people will always look for something to whine? come on...

20. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

I'm guessing leavanny beat koffing because its first energy ball decreased koffing's special defense, as indicated by the green sparks that surrounded koffing, allowing the second one to KO...also, Cilan mentioned something about it after the win...