• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) (744)

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Homika didnt smack the boy who owned the Gothitelle did she? I didnt watch the episode, but the screencap makes it look like that.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It wasn't junk, the summary simply was too vague like usual. Ash saw Koffing's speed prior to the match, so he could have used Unfezant first in response to that over having Boldore lose first.

It was "junk" because everyone was jumping to conclusions. Whenever I made a prediction with Boldore starting first or anybody else's prediction, people were like "Unfezant vs Koffing is confirmed to be first" meh.

gliscor&yanmega

It was "junk" because everyone was jumping to conclusions. Whenever I made a prediction with Boldore starting first or anybody else's prediction, people were like "Unfezant vs Koffing is confirmed to be first" meh.

Jumping to conclusions on a vague summary that could have easily suggested Unfezant vs Koffing being first hardly is "junk".

He didn't say 'Who's that Pokémon' he just scanned it.

Did he say it's name before scanning it at all or anything?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Omg, Homika had freckles! She was so cute; she totally made the episode. Aside from her, nothing was all-that interesting. Her Koffing was as amazing as a Pokemon could be, but it still left a bitter taste in my mouth, but I think that stems from the fact that it was so incredibly poweful; I expected it to put up a challenge, but that thing was slaying all of Ash's Pokemon like it was nothing. Thankfully Leavanny saved the day, although I still wish Boldore had defeated it. Anyway, it was a solid episode.

The episode begins with the opening.

Tell me more.

Takeo

match was good, I don't care if ash won and the rules were set for 3vs6 ***** didn't deserve that badge

WaterShuriken

match was good, I don't care if ash won and the rules were set for 3vs6 ***** didn't deserve that badge

So I guess you and many of the people who play the games don't deserve the badges either?

This was exactly like a game gym.

Unfezant was great, if she hadn't been poisoned she could have won. She did better than Boldore in my opinion.
Ash was thinking about recalling her but she wanted to continue. It was the best matchup of the first episode in my opinion, love that the writers are sort of making her a stronghold amongst Ash's Pokemon. :D

WaterShuriken

Do people realize that he never ever scanned Koffing in the pokedex until today?
Do people realize they have him scan pokemon he's seen to "inform" the younger audiences?
Do people realize that in the anime each time Ash gets a pokedex, it has more information on the pokemon than before?

Janovy

Banned
Do people realize that he never ever scanned Koffing in the pokedex until today?
Do people realize they have him scan pokemon he's seen to "inform" the younger audiences?
Do people realize that in the anime each time Ash gets a pokedex, it has more information on the pokemon than before?
Oh my God, an intelligent post.

Thank you!

Takeo

So I guess you and many of the people who play the games don't deserve the badges either?

This was exactly like a game gym.

This isnt the game. A Pikachu being able to beat legendary's but loses to a Panpour. Anime Logic.

The battle just shows how weak Ash is.

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Oh boy. How come Ash scan a Koffing? Doesn't he remember it back in his Kanto days and he battles Jessie who owns that pokemon before evolves into Weezing?
Complaining about scanning? Come on, he scanned a Charizard in Johto it was obvious he would.
Oh, and you obviously don't remember the Kanto days either becaause Jessie never owned a Koffing.
*Facepalm*

DeLaw

Didn't Ash already see a Koffing in Episode 2 "Pokemon Emergency!" Why is scanning Koffing with his Pokedex?

32er

TM87? I got TM32 :]
Anyone moaning about the scanning hasn't watched the anime in years.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

I don't see why that matters; the Pokedex gives us trivial information 95% of the time. It rarely serves a purpose. In fact, I'm convinced that they only have Ash use the Pokedex to fill up 10-15 seconds of the episode. It's a very smart process, but it's becoming more redundant than Team Rocket. #truthtea

RickHoenn

Banned
Didn't Ash already see a Koffing in Episode 2 "Pokemon Emergency!" Why is scanning Koffing with his Pokedex?

He NEVER EVER scanned a Koffing until this episode. =|

When people whine because Ash scanned X old pokemon mean something is terribly wrong, people will always look for something to whine? come on...

XXD17

Draco rex
I'm guessing leavanny beat koffing because its first energy ball decreased koffing's special defense, as indicated by the green sparks that surrounded koffing, allowing the second one to KO...also, Cilan mentioned something about it after the win...