• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 1) (744)

LizardonX

Banned
Clear Smog, right? Anyway even though they won't appear, i'm curious about Roxie's other three pokémon. And how easily she would kick Ash's butt with them. ^^

The answer coming from a guy who saw the subbed eps, is waay too easily.

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
I like Roxie so far.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Can anyone tell who Roxie's VA is?

Demonsead

Hoenn Challenger
Boldore is down after 2 Gyro Balls.

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Whoa Brina Palenica is that you? Maybe it is just me waking up early and being out of it but thought I kinda heard her

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
Seeing the badge case during the episode made me wonder about if it always did not shown badge images like it would in the game. I checked Serebii's images for Minccino-Neat & Tidy when Ash got it from Bianca, and you can clearly see that the last slot was for the Legend Badge and all sections were built for each badge's shape. Just thought it was a neat thing I found out. ^^

Also, not really important, but didn't early images of Roxie's koffing have eyelashes? I thought so, but can't find them now if there were.

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
It's not impossile even in games to lose to an unevolved pokémon.

Personally, it stinks we have to wait another week. It was very entertaining I kinda wish it was an hour long special or something.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Well, this was a bad episode. Unfezant and Boldore were creamed by a Koffing. I still think it should have just been 3v3.

at least the dub clarified why it went down as 6 vs 3, perhaps if Ash had kept his mouth shut, it would've been three on three, but because he mentioned that by beating her he was going to earn his eigth badge, she altered the rules to see if his team was ready for the unova league and see how strong his team was herself.

and as we all know the gym leaders rules must be obeyed, if you don't like it you leave.

Dunno who Roxie's Voice Actor is, but the other guitar girl sounded like Monica Rial.

They are really getting more diverse with the VA's these days.

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Roxie's voice seems more cheerful than I expected it to be. I also it's nice to finally see a non-Unova Pokemon make an actual appearance, besides Pikachu and Meowth.

I was especting Roxie's voice to sound like the one in the game. I liked that a kanto pokemon got to be on "who's that pokemon", especilly after a long time. Even if ash gets the acid badge, i hope he still challenges other gym leaders

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
James would've been reduced to tears to see a Koffing curbstomping two evolved Pokemon in a row.

I see what you did there.

Not just any evolved pokémon, but two of "the twerp's" fully evolved pokémon

Also, does anyone else love how Roxie's battle cry is "BANG-ZOOM" ?

Last edited:

Trainer Frankie

Nostalgia.
James would've been reduced to tears to see a Koffing curbstomping two evolved Pokemon in a row.

I see what you did there.

Lol, wasn't intentional, but works. XD

I forgotabout how Ash scanned koffing. Did he forget about James'.

Janovy

Banned
Unless Ash said 'Who's that Pokémon?' while scanning Koffing, I don't see a problem with him scanning Koffing.

New Pokedexes always have some new data and Ash uses his Pokedex even when he recognizes a Pokemon.

Vipsoccermaster

Fine episode, though Ash did have a bad start. Roxie is pretty cool, though. It's awesome how Roxie wanted to test Ash before the Unova League.

cg19293

I enjoyed the episode. I'm glad that Ash suggested a 3 on 3 battle, it give me a reason to support him despite his advantage. Koffing was great to watch in battle, as was Leavanny.

Still the concept of Roxie being at a 6 on 3 disadvantage slightly annoyed me. If she's so good that she's beating challengers' full teams without losing a pokemon then she should be taking on the elite four, as the whole point of her being at a disadvantage is clearly to show how powerful her pokemon are and how skillful a trainer she is.