1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jun 14, 2012.

1. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

Well that's good for her but i think for someone that wants to become stronger i don't think this was technically fair. Yeah, all his pokemon battled but what does that say about his progress? he had to use all his six pokemon and she only used three. I wouldn't be happy personally, but if this was a six on six battle i wouldn't have complained but i just didn't like this episode for that reason.

2. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

What it says is that Toxic is a cheap strategy, xD

I think she did have more Pokes though, as the scoreboard type thing showed as if it were so when the guy with the Gochiruzell was beaten.

3. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

haha i agree but if i was him i would countered that with magic guard or taunt but the writers won't do that and just have him go all out which is terrible. To me there were so many things in this episode where i went like what? He needs a pokemon to heal status moves or get moves to work around toxic, and this is what i expect from him but i'm not getting a fully developed Ash that should be above average. When will we see him actually get there? it's bothersome. i'm getting pretty bored with some of the things the anime pulls off that doesn't make sense to me.

4. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Doesn't help that no matter what Poison move she used (minus Toxic) that it some how always ended in the opponent getting poisoned :p

The writers did a better job at making Ash look weak, seeing as his evolved Poke's all fell in battle, what's that say for Snivy, Oshawott, and Scraggy?

5. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

"making Ash look weak". Ash IS weak in Unova...

I loved the battle, I really like Dogars e Dustdas :D

6. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

All this talk about Ash being weak, Homika is CLEARLY just overpowered in the anime so the fact that he won in the first place implies that he's quite strong. It's like if you fought a gym leader in the games who's Pokemon are like 10-20 levels higher than yours, if it' 6 vs 3 and you barely win, it doesn't mean that you're weak, but that you're opponent was STRONG AS BALLS.
    So I don't personally think Ash is weak, but hopefully he will still do some special training in BW2 and evolve more of his Pokes.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  7. Banana Knight Arthur

Banana Knight Arthur NEGATIVE MINUS

Well I know levels hadn't been mentioned since the ep Ash caught Tsutaaja(snake), when Dento commented she had high-level techniques, but the boy in the Pokemon Center, told Ash Homika's gym was really tough, and that her Pokemon's "levels were very high", and that between getting poisoned and her relentless attacks, he stood no chance. Also he warned Ash to come up with a strategy to deal with poisoning/poison-types.

8. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

It would be kind of lame of Homika was that weak being his eigth challenge, so if people are mad at Ash, then they shouldn't be. Poison types can be a b*tch at times.

9. Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Eldritch Abomination

I agree. I am reading the previous posts and trying to understand the complaints. The two episodes were gorgeous.
    Homika is awesome, her Pokémon were really cool, except for Pendra and Ash was... Ash.

On a side note, I can't wait for the mods to make new avatars based on these two episodes. I so want to use Dasutodasu or Homika as my avy. :'D

10. Rohanator

Agreed. And there were some cool new Ash/Pignite shots too, hopefully they'll make for some nice avatar possibilities for me.: D

11. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

It doesn't matter since i feel it was unfair. I get it, she is strong but that shouldn't mean he should be happy. He should have said, "I want to be a pokemon master so i will use how ever many pokemon you are using. That's fair and if i can't win i will come back another day." Is that so hard? This just shows me he isn't ready for any elite 4 member or champion.

12. Rohanator

He did refuse of using 6 and said he'll use 3 as well. But Homika insisted on doing it this way, her gym, her rules, her loss.

13. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

Doesn't change the fact that she gave him an advantage. If it was me i would have not been happy about that. This would be fine for someone starting out but not for Ash.

14. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

I said it before the episode aired.

People including me WHINED about Homika the SECOND gym leader being the last gym leader in the anime.

They fixed this issue by overpowering the **** out of her and I was fine with it, even though with two episodes they could have gone 6vs6 but that wouldn't show how dominant and overpowered she was unless she beat Satoshi.

It was all plot power and their intention wasn't to make Satoshi look weak, they just went with the overpowering of Homika and disregarded the rest or the interpretations you guys took.

15. Spider-Phoenix

Spider-Phoenix Go, Go Power Rangers

Spetacular episodes this week. This gym battle was one of the best battles I've seen in the anime. I also love how the writers took this opportunity to give Ash's "reserves" some well deserved spotlight.

About Homika, I have to say I did like her personality in the anime. The writers handled her rather well here and the animators manage to convey her energic personality.

16. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

One thing is for sure this proves he is not elite 4/champion material yet and this could probably mean he is still continuing on to the next region.

17. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

Ofc he isn't till he beats a league, they will never show him to be "Elite 4/champ" material.

18. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

Well i have doubts of that with this battle. I just can't see him winning a league with trainers bringing legendary pokemon.

19. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

Overpowered or not, that is exactly how every trainer in the league will be...if Ash couldn't even handle here with his evolved Pokemon, Snivy, Oshawott, and possibly Scraggy are all royally screwed unless they evolve or gain plot hax for every battle they enter.

I'll say the battle was animated nicely, but that the only good comment I can say about it...almost as disappointing as Elesa's gym

20. zeno48

zeno48 Zaker!

Same, How can we see him competing with cynthia and other elite 4 members if his pokemon aren't even at par with this gym leader. I hope there is more development and that his older pokemon don't take away from the spotlight since i feel the writers are going to screw up somehow.