1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I used to think this, but the writers have gradually made Iris more friendlier towards Ash, infact, since roughly BW050 she's been much nicer to him. Roxie's Gym battle and Iris's (and Cilan's) support really did show she cared for Ash.

Trust me, this is coming from someone who despised Iris for the first 10 episodes of BW, and now actually think she's a great female companion.

2. Pepsi_Plunge

Pepsi_Plunge Dojyaaa~~aan

I'm being sarcastic, she never hated Satoshi, she uses her catchpharse with everyone not just him.

She never treated him bad, she just pointed out his errors nothing else.

Plus I like how everyone bashes his character but apparently a character in the anime that says he is wrong when he is wrong(even if he turns it around) saying it, is being an *******, I guess 90% of the anime spoilers forum must be a bunch of assholes since at some point in time most of us have said his character was wrong.

3. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Oh, haha my bad :D

Well, it was definetly annoying seeing her call him a kid constantly, and critise him on everything, but when she said it to other people too (mainly Trip), it was a good sign. And about people bashing his character, I couldn't agree more it's way too annoying. I've gone into too many discussions that im tired of discussing it now so imma leave it.

4. Pepsi_Plunge

Specially when you have adults, saying they are better than a 10y old fictional character.

5. I'm not sure if I'm reading a thread or a VM right now....

It's funny because the first time I saw you on this forum, was your reaction to the Nimbasa tournament outcome, and that weird guy who kept arguing against your posts... I had a nice laugh that day.

But Adults ARE better than 10 y olds, Pepsi. Everyone knows that. ^^

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  6. Pepsi_Plunge

;O, we were contuining the discussion about Iris cheering for Satoshi, I just decided to troll the Iris haters a little because they always say she doesn't like him and only criticizes him, etc, I think we are still mostly on topic even if it is a little off-topic XD.

Haha :D

7. Locormus

Locormus Can we please get the old forum back?

I'm still laughing at the scene where we don't see what Iris and Cilan are doing off to the side.. Such a offhand shot. As for the battle, I've come to terms with it, although I would've liked Palpitoad to be more of a force here.

Also, I missed Boldore using Rock Smash. It now seems like a forced move it had to learn to beat Clay's Excadrill.

8. Wasn't it always? :)

9. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

Well he used it in the tag battle.

10. Pepsi_Plunge

I heard thats the only way to beat an Exadrill * slowly forgets(on purpose) about Troh smashing Excadrill in the Donamite*

Dunno, atleast it got to use the other moves, I liked how he was using Sandstorm even though it was deflected pretty easly both times, well thats how Sandstorm is supposed to be used anyway but I liked seeing it.

Kinda hoping the Shizui battle has weather effects to so we can see Palpitoad appear and take advantage of Swift Swim.

11. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

I agree.

No matter how they portrayed Roxie. It doesn't change that Ash couldn't have beaten her 3 on 3.

That's not a show of how strong Roxie. It's a show of how weak Ash is.

His Pokemon all took out powerful Pokemon at some point in the Best Wishes saga, and yet only Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu managed to do anything of importance.

Seriously how weak are they? They must be pretty damn weak. If Ash can't handle a gym leader without using a full team against half of a full team, then he's NO WHERE near the level of being able to compete in the league.

There are trainers who are likely supposed to be a lot stronger than Roxie. Of course the writers don't give a crap about that, since they're known to make things look as unbelievable as possible.

12. UnbelievableUrsula

UnbelievableUrsula Cute and Creepy!

That's not true. Some only say that when it comes to shipping wars. But she doesn't hate him if so, she would have not even bothered traveling with him since she really didn't have much of a reason to in the first place.

13. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid Same thing, day in;day out ಠ_ಠ

I hope you realize Pepsi was being sarcastic there ...

@dman~ I've been saying that since I've watch both episodes...

14. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

I love the fact that Roxie's left-handed. Have we ever seen that in the anime before? I don't think so.

FlygontheRavager likes this.
  15. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

Huh, didn't notice that she's left-handed. Pretty cool^^ Katie from the Hoenn League is the only other lefty I remember.

16. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

Kinda hard not to notice IMO. :p Left-handed guitar's a pretty good indication, and she only ever handled her Pokeballs left-handed. The main game characters have always been lefties for some reason, whereas everyone in the anime seems to be righties (forgot all about Katie, I'll have to watch that again), so this is nice to see.

17. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I thought this was an execellent and well done battle, about the issue of Ash being weak, I think it's because Roxie's pokemon are probably on the same level as volkner's was in DP, but Ash's only had probably less than half the training his DP team did by gym 8 so he needs all 6 to stand a chance. On the anime we've seen many times that Quality>quantity. Besides we all know what happens to pignite at the world cup so his win here is justified now.

Now if this was BW186 and Ash needed to be 6v3 and to 1-0 we'd have a serious problem here.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  18. Groundedshock

Groundedshock Effective on ground

The battle was pretty meh. I mean Roxie was not that strong as the preview claimed she was. The Pokemon who got wins for Ash did not require team support to take them down. On top of that, Ash's team was unneccessary portrayed as weak and barely winning. I wish they showed all the Pokemon's strength and abilities to make them seem like they put up a good fight.

19. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

^ What Groundedshock said.

The only part of the battle I really liked was Garbodor versus Pikachu. Anything else, nah. Nice to see Palpitoad again. (I'm willing to bet everyone who replies here is going to say that last part)

The screaming coming from the audience was getting very annoying.

20. Erinmizu

Erinmizu Well-Known Member

So is this like how part of Battle Froniter was done in Advanced Battle with the whole new beginning thing? I also just realized in odd number gens Ash never faces the final 8th gym leader. Giovanni,Wallace and Drayden. Anyway I loved the battle. The best Unova one