• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Daizy

I call you honey
Roxie was so cool and cocky and I mainly liked that about her. I liked Ash's strategy in battle with using Boldore's Sandstorm like that against such a speedy opponent. Venoshock looked like snot, but cool how they tied in how it does more damage on a poisoned target.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Joltik-Kid said:
I do sorta appreciate this battle a little more, but it basically foreshadowed Ash was doomed in the league... against a guy who only used 5 Pokemon haha

Well to me it seemed like a lot of people predicted that Satoshi's difficulty here against Homika was a sign that he just wasn't ready for the Isshu League conference later down the line. He was really at the end of his rope here, and his win was one of the most contrived victories that we saw in this saga.

Great gym battle at the beginning but Pikachu vs Garbodor was lackluster. Ranks at 2. Pikachu is MVP for taking down Garbodor while poisoned. Leavanny and Pignite did great. Boldore did decent. Unfezant and Palpitoad were **** as usual.

So weird that there's "Next time... a new beginning!" at the end

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
virbank18.gif

One of the best moments in the series but Palpitoad really did job here. Ash showed valiance and courage here and that he was prepared for the Unova League.

• When was the last time they referenced Pikachu has Static as an ability? It seems like it's just forgotten about here and there
  • I don't like how Gunk Shot looks in this series with just being an animated Trash Bag.
  • A lot of strategy here, we see you BW Ash. Making Pikachu dodging to keep Garbodor using Double Slap and tying it up, making Leveanny using Energy Ball to lower Koffing's special attack.
  • Cilan and Iris gave Dawn vibes dressing up and cheering for Ash
  • UGH take me back to when the dub actually kept the Japanese OTS and even when they didn't it was okay and not obnoxious. Not sure who the composer was here but you need your job back.
  • Didn't like that this was 3 vs 6 with Ash just barely winning before the Unova League but it is what is, Roxie is that strong I suppose
  • A lot of people were mad at the time this wasn't Drayden but honestly I didn't really care

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
virbank18.gif

One of the best moments in the series but Palpitoad really did job here. Ash showed valiance and courage here and that he was prepared for the Unova League.

• When was the last time they referenced Pikachu has Static as an ability? It seems like it's just forgotten about here and there
  • I don't like how Gunk Shot looks in this series with just being an animated Trash Bag.
  • A lot of strategy here, we see you BW Ash. Making Pikachu dodging to keep Garbodor using Double Slap and tying it up, making Leveanny using Energy Ball to lower Koffing's special attack.
  • Cilan and Iris gave Dawn vibes dressing up and cheering for Ash
  • UGH take me back to when the dub actually kept the Japanese OTS and even when they didn't it was okay and not obnoxious. Not sure who the composer was here but you need your job back.
  • Didn't like that this was 3 vs 6 with Ash just barely winning before the Unova League but it is what is, Roxie is that strong I suppose
  • A lot of people were mad at the time this wasn't Drayden but honestly I didn't really care
I REALLY wish Static showed up again in the finale Charizard vs Pikachu 1v1 and was used to help cripple Charizard.