• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

G50

No longer posting
You mean they want to make money!? This is outrageous! Don't you miss the days when the Pokemon anime wasn't for making money? (hint: that was never)
Anyway. I was sort of disappointed that Pignite got a win here, but I expected it and it was just nice to see the reserves again. It was a pretty good Gym battle overall, much better than Brycen's and the first few Gym battles. It seemed to really make Ash seem underpowered though--he needed six of his Pokemon just to take down three of hers. I would have much rathered a full six-on-six battle, but oh well.
Also, what did the "but then...?!" from one of the summaries refer to? Unfezant didn't really do much :s

"But then..." was referring to Iris yelling to Ash and giving encouragement.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
You mean they want to make money!? This is outrageous! Don't you miss the days when the Pokemon anime wasn't for making money? (hint: that was never)

Anyway. I was sort of disappointed that Pignite got a win here, but I expected it and it was just nice to see the reserves again. It was a pretty good Gym battle overall, much better than Brycen's and the first few Gym battles. It seemed to really make Ash seem underpowered though--he needed six of his Pokemon just to take down three of hers. I would have much rathered a full six-on-six battle, but oh well.

Also, what did the "but then...?!" from one of the summaries refer to? Unfezant didn't really do much :s

Maybe he meant that the money making thing shouldn't be so in your face...it's so obvious...there's a word for that but doesn't come to me right now

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi
DAMN YOU POKEMON WRITERS. pikachu starred, pignite got win and palpitoad and boldore got nothing. As far as i'm concerned this programme can go to HELL.

This is the last straw for the starters screwing over the reserves, seeing as this programme does nothing but make me angry because the writers so TERRIBLE, there's no point in me watching it. I hate what this programme has become, one big advert that doesn't care at all about anything that won't generate them extra income, so sorry palpitoad pikachu and pignite are hogging yet again.

goodbye pokemon anime.

Goodbye, we won't miss you.

At least Oshawott didn't pop out every two minutes like he always does.

alypkmn

were did this Garbodor get this garbage bag from ??

first w have a crustle who make the sky rain rocks

and now a garbodor who creates garbage bags out of nothing !!

Pokemon became magicians in BW :/

DAMN YOU POKEMON WRITERS. pikachu starred, pignite got win and palpitoad and boldore got nothing. As far as i'm concerned this programme can go to HELL.

This is the last straw for the starters screwing over the reserves, seeing as this programme does nothing but make me angry because the writers so TERRIBLE, there's no point in me watching it. I hate what this programme has become, one big advert that doesn't care at all about anything that won't generate them extra income, so sorry palpitoad pikachu and pignite are hogging yet again.

goodbye pokemon anime.

totally agree with you

naughtynun

I thought we used to get decent treatment for all team members, I know the starters always got a bit better treatment but it was never as bad as this HELL HOLE in best wishes where no-one other than pikachu, oshawott, pikachu, pignite and pikachu can get any sort of focus. This saga is SO much worse than the others for this sort of one- sided starter pushing, terrible reserve treatment and ash catching far too many pokemon he doesn't use.

alypkmn

Next time a new beginning ?? maybe Ash decided not to enter the league and get another humiliating defeat, he will just travel around continuing his silly journey for no reason.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
Seriously, the battle was good but homika was hax... like hax, that or she was extremely lucky.

I sort of agree with this, but it's kind of refreshing to see someone besides Ash get handed the Luck Ball.

Poison did seem to be extremely overpowered, though. Ash's Pokemon pretty much stopped moving the moment they got poisoned. I guess it was to be more realistic then Sinnoh's portrayal of Status Effects, but it seemed a bit over the top. Even in the Games Pokemon aren't that crippled.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Seriously, the battle was good but homika was hax... like hax, that or she was extremely lucky. Every time she used a poison attack one of ash's pokemon got poisoned... I mean they have like 30 percent of chance poisoning that doesn't that they have to always to have such affect.

It was just a ploy for Ash's less important pkmn to lose quickly

JD

totally agree with you

Garbodor was using Gunk Shot and Crustle was using Rock Slide...

naughtynun

totally agree with you
:) thanks, i was expecting just to get flamed for that post so I'm glad

Valkyrie Cain

damn, dis-moi
Next time a new beginning ?? maybe Ash decided not to enter the league and get another humiliating defeat, he will just travel around continuing his silly journey for no reason.

He has a reason, to be a Pokemon master. ;)

Homika was pretty haxy in that battle.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
from the sound of things Homika definitely puts Koga to shame anime wise in terms of handing poison types.

As usual no one is happy with how things turn out either.

alypkmn

Garbodor was using Gunk Shot and Crustle was using Rock Slide...

thats NOT an answer...how can a crustle make the sky rain rock ?? does this seams logical to you ??

I remember back then when a pokemon use rock slides, itg just hit the ground and the rock come out of the ground and falls on the target,and not like ridicules animation.

naughtynun

from the sound of things Homika definitely puts Koga to shame anime wise in terms of handing poison types.

As usual no one is happy with how things turn out either.

can you blame us? pignite and pikachu have tonnes of wins already and yet those pratts get yet more wins whilst the pokemon who have been badly treated all the saga continue to be. Why would we be happy that 4 reserves were give NO wins and only one reserve got a win so two of the foul three could STEAL yet more wins. I am sick of pikachu, pignite and oshawott.

Nacreous

Fire trainer
thats NOT an answer...how can a crustle make the sky rain rock ?? does this seams logical to you ??

I remember back then when a pokemon use rock slides, itg just hit the ground and the rock come out of the ground and falls on the target,and not like ridicules animation.

Or when quick attack was just running very fast without any streaks of light

or a wing attack didn't look like it came from Star Wars and many others...the moves are sensationalized to the point that they became ridiculous

Last edited:

JD

Does it really matter? Seriously Pansage summons a giant rock out of no where and Pignite summons columns of fire from the ground the anime does this all the time.

alypkmn

Or when quick attack was just running very fast without any streaks of light

or a wing attack didn't look like it came from Star Wars and many others...the moves are sensationalized to the point that they because ridiculous

I can accept anything....but this is really to much...even if they dont care about how the anime turn out, this is ridicules and its clearly an insult to all the audience who are watching.

Does it really matter? Seriously Pansage summons a giant rock out of no where and Pignite summons columns of fire from the ground the anime does this all the time.

and this is another ridicules animation, their animators and writers are really lazy..