• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Propane

Ash is ten... why in hell would he just stop chasing is dream? Besides he already saw some many amazing things that even i wouldn't stop. And 44 badges, many respectable positions in the pokemon league, winning the kanto battle frontier and orange league championships is not silly for a guy that hasn't achieved puberty is not silly at all.
Also he has been cursed by a rotting disease since the beggining of the series: marketing. It's not his fault. He may have luck sometimes but the majority of the things he gains was his doing and not fate. He's hardly the luckiest guy in the world ( EXEMPLE: trollbias)

Nacreous

Fire trainer
Ash is ten... why in hell would he just stop chasing is dream? Besides he already saw some many amazing things that even i wouldn't stop. And 44 badges, many respectable positions in the pokemon league, winning the kanto battle frontier and orange league championships is not silly for a guy that hasn't achieved puberty is not silly at all.
Also he has been cursed by a rotting disease since the beggining of the series: marketing. It's not his fault. He may have luck sometimes but the majority of the things he gains was his doing and not fate. He's hardly the luckiest guy in the world ( EXEMPLE: trollbias)

At least DP had a better script

naughtynun

At least DP had a better script

DP was better than BW by far. It wasn't perfect, I mean piplup was in it but it wasn't all about the starters and pikachu bogged off for the most part and kept mostly out of gym battles.

Janovy

Banned
I heard Iris and Dento were awesome in this episode, can't wait to see them. :D

gliscor&yanmega

Like the first part this part didn't go really how I thought and hoped it would. I didn't want Pignite to get a win, and I was expecting it to lose, oh well. It still looks interesting to me based on the pictures. I do wish that Ash's team came out at the end or something.

were did this Garbodor get this garbage bag from ??

first w have a crustle who make the sky rain rocks

and now a garbodor who creates garbage bags out of nothing !!

Pokemon became magicians in BW :/

I don't know...probably thought what with the description of "Gunk Shot" being "The user shoots filthy garbage at the foe to attack. It may also poison the target.", that it was to keep some trash on itself at all times or something...

thats NOT an answer...how can a crustle make the sky rain rock ?? does this seams logical to you ??

I remember back then when a pokemon use rock slides, itg just hit the ground and the rock come out of the ground and falls on the target,and not like ridicules animation.

Looking up the move, the only other time Rock Slide has been used other then from Cilan's Crustle/Dwebble was:
Egan's Magcargo-Magcargo slams its head into walls, causing boulders to fall on the opponent.
Alan's Nosepass-Nosepass's body becomes outlined in blue and a nearby rock also becomes surrounded in blue and it floats into the air above the opponent. The rock then splits apart and the pieces come falling down on the opponent.

So what if Crustle can pull rocks from nowhere, it's not that big of a deal. Besides, if the move were to always be depended on the surroundings, then it wouldn't be all that useful as it's not like you'll have rocks to use all the time, unless those rocks will just conveniently be there...yah that's logically...

This is an Anime, more so that it's about monsters that can shoot fire and water and whatnot...they aren't going for realistic or logical portrayal of moves...even though Gunk Shot was perfectly fine considering it's description.

Does it really matter? Seriously Pansage summons a giant rock out of no where and Pignite summons columns of fire from the ground the anime does this all the time.

Well Fire Pledge's description in the game matches the animation of the move in the anime, "A column of fire hits opposing Pokémon", the only differences I guess would be that the Anime has more while the game description is in singular. As for Rock Tomb, again, it's better then having a convenient rock nearby to use, or never getting to use the move because there isn't a rock around. If Pokemon can spit fire, they should be able to create rocks too.

But no, it doesn't matter.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So Pignite wins yet again... I really hope it isn't used in the world tournament. Snivy and Oshawott deserve to evolve shine there.

Wow so they actually ended on "Next Time, A New Beginning..."

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
So Pignite wins yet again... I really hope it isn't used in the world tournament. Snivy and Oshawott deserve to evolve shine there.

Wow so they actually ended on "Next Time, A New Beginning..."

In all fairness, all the recent Chaobuu spammage is likely due to him evolving at some point within the next 3 months.

Glad to see Chaobuu(pig) and Hahakomori(bug/grass) get starring roles, taking down a Pokemon each. Moreso Chaobuu than Hahakomori, but anyhow.

Also Pikachu starring is a major *facepalm* moment, but to be expected in the 8th Gym as always.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
In all fairness, all the recent Chaobuu spammage is likely due to him evolving at some point within the next 3 months.

Glad to see Chaobuu(pig) and Hahakomori(bug/grass) get starring roles, taking down a Pokemon each. Moreso Chaobuu than Hahakomori, but anyhow.

Also Pikachu starring is a major *facepalm* moment, but to be expected in the 8th Gym as always.
I don't know...they didn't spam Grotle or Monferno much at all and they still evolved.. Then you got Groyvle and Cumbusken who were around for all of the regular series and both end up evolving in the filler. Dare I say Cyndaquil? So I don't think it's to promote evolution, more to promote the line that everyone seems to hate in Japan.

Still funny that Pignite has Tackle XD. Anyway, okay, pretty straight forward match...minus every Poison move getting it's 30% (minus Toxic) chance of poisoning :p I believe that would have to be the reason Ash was struggling...but in the end, all he had to use was Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu (seeing as the results would be the same without making Ash look like a loser)

Banana Knight Arthur

NEGATIVE MINUS
I don't know...they didn't spam Grotle or Monferno much at all and they still evolved.. Then you got Groyvle and Cumbusken who were around for all of the regular series and both end up evolving in the filler. Dare I say Cyndaquil? So I don't think it's to promote evolution, more to promote the line that everyone seems to hate in Japan.

Still funny that Pignite has Tackle XD. Anyway, okay, pretty straight forward match...minus every Poison move getting it's 30% (minus Toxic) chance of poisoning :p I believe that would have to be the reason Ash was struggling...but in the end, all he had to use was Leavanny, Pignite, and Pikachu (seeing as the results would be the same without making Ash look like a loser)

Well they made her mons, outside of Pendra, he sucked, beasts, to make her seem like a fitting challenge as the Final Gym challenge for Ash.

Also at the beginning of the 1st ep, they hyped her, by showing about 4-5 kids who'd been throughly thrashed by Homika, in the Pkmn Center.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Great job for Ash and Pikachu. He got himself the last badge from the Unova Region, the Toxic Badge. I was expecting him to get the Legend Badge but that gym was closed. But its all right. I believe it saids "Next Time...A New Beginning" instead of "To Be Continued..." Whatever, Ash got to use the whole next season to train even harder before the Unova League and win it. And more importantly for him to defeat Trip.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Well they made her mons, outside of Pendra, he sucked, beasts, to make her seem like a fitting challenge as the Final Gym challenge for Ash.

Also at the beginning of the 1st ep, they hyped her, by showing about 4-5 kids who'd been throughly thrashed by Homika, in the Pkmn Center.
Pendra...yeah, shocking only got one win.

The hype is garabage if the trains have weak evolved and non evolved Pokemon. Who uses a pure fighting type in a Poison gym Don't answer that, Ash choose to use a Bug/Grass type in this gym. Realistically speaking, Snivy would have had the better advantage

gohan5

Irisboy
@Janovy Yeah they were, Iris was especially supportive of Ash in these episodes, it was pretty cute.

Yeah I know, she's been getting more and more supportive throughout the region. Even in the last gym she wouldn't stop screaming her head off cheering. It's kinda funny, this gym kinda reminded me of the first one with Iris as Ash's only cheering squad, well until she finally got old quiet for once Dento into it :p

So the Unova League begins in three months? Why do the writers always add stuff like this? Filler? Anyways, is this a first where Ash had a gym battle with a crowd? Must've been thrilling to have a battle with a crowd in a gym.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
So the Unova League begins in three months? Why do the writers always add stuff like this? Filler? Anyways, is this a first where Ash had a gym battle with a crowd? Must've been thrilling to have a battle with a crowd in a gym.

Striaton Gym had cheerleaders, Nimbasa gym had fangirls, Mistralton Gym had gym challengers...