1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Discussion in 'Pokémon Black & White - Rival Destinies' started by Serebii, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Cloud_Arcanine

Cloud_Arcanine Scarlett starlett

Not a gym battle, but his Frontier battle against Tucker had a crowd.

2. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Ew. I didn't like that Pignite defeated Homika's Scolipede so easily, but I'm not surprised that nobody is complaining about it; everyone and their parents stan for Pignite. But this points to Pignite being the powerhouse of Ash's team; I guess there's no reason for Oshawott to evolve now. Anyway, I loved that Iris was cheering for Ash so enthusiastically, even if it was for her own reasons. It seems Palpitoad wasn't dead after all, but the fact that it was overwhelmed by Garbodor was ridiculous; the writers just love trolling that thing. It was a good Gym battle all around, and I'm glad it's over since the speculation was getting too overwhelming imo.

3. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

...The writers just seem to LOVE making Ash's fire types look as awesome as possible. To be honest, there seems to be a lot of shows made where Fire looks like one of the most powerful types of attacks used, if not THE most powerful type of attack used. Only exception in the Pokemon anime was Torkoal, iirc.

4. WaterShuriken

WaterShuriken Well-Known Member

I complained.
    It's not always too late for Oshawott either... or Snivy for that matter.

5. Bolt the Cat

Bolt the Cat Bringing the Thunder

So Ash got his 8th badge from Homika? That's interesting. I haven't been watching the show so I didn't know the Opelucid Gym was closed. I wonder, though, will Ash be getting more than 8 badges this time or is he just going to do nothing until the League? I certainly hope it's not the latter, the last thing this series needs is more filler.

6. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Care to elaborate? They cheered for him because they are his friends.

7. Aegon

Aegon Well-Known Member

Where'd you get that idea? Didn't you read the thread?

Or are you just being your usual indecipherable self?

8. HatersGonnaHate

HatersGonnaHate Throwing Shade

At least leavanny got a win, that's a plus. If it was up to me, I would've picked Leavanny, Unfezant, and Palpitoad to get wins, but I'm alright with the outcome. It was a great battle.

9. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Someone on another thread said that Iris was cheering for Ash because she didn't want him to lose and challenge the Opelucid City Gym, which makes sense since she's afraid to go there.

I couldn't be bothered to wade through seven pages of Gym battle discussion. I assumed that nobody else had complained because everyone loves Pignite.

10. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Wow, the images to this episode look incredible. The battle as a whole looks brilliant.

So Pignite defeated Scolipede, and by the looks of it very quickly. The writers are really glorifying him at the moment, I hope this dies down in BW2, he's really outshining Oshawott and Snivy in terms of strength now. I'd have preferred Unfezant or Palpitoad to get the win.

Pikachu's win looks incredible, and seeing Ash about to give up and get cheered on by his friends was brilliant, the dramatic tension that seems to rise at that point will definetly be one of my favourite scenes.

And finally, so it seems the writers are treating this episode as the end of a saga? "Next Time.... A New Beginning!", interesting. It's weird considering we've never had a region split up into sagas before.

Either way, the final screenshot of Ash and Pikachu with all of the badges looks absolutely amazing.

I didn't like it either, but where the hell do you get these ridiculous and insane facts from? Please, im dying to know.

And either your blind, or haven't read through the thread. A lot of people are complaining that Pignite got the win.

Possibly so, but being a stan for Oshawott (lol see what i did their? I said stan, the word you normally use when you want to create a debate on Oshawott evolving) i'd love to see him evolve into Samurott and become the main starter.

Besides, are you forgetting that Turtwig still evolved into Torterra despite Infernape being the star.

There is perfect reason for Oshawott to evolve.

11. HatersGonnaHate

Ash is not the type to give up on gyms and go find another one to challenge. If he had lost to Homika, he would've rechallenged her.

12. Missingno. Master

Missingno. Master Poison-type Trainer

He'll be passing the time in East Unova, training for and participating in the World Tournament from B2/W2, along with Dawn and Cynthia, and potentially even more returning characters. Hardly "nothing". Hardly filler.

13. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

Yes, we all remember that Torterra is fully evolved, but we also remember that while he was a Grotle and for the rest of the DP Saga, he was the biggest loser on Ash's team when it came to important matches (Another victim of the Worf Effect).

14. HatersGonnaHate

I loved how Iris was so supportive of Ash, with the drums, costumes, and everything. I'm just wondering where she got the costumes and paint from? LOL

Maybe she got them from Axew's bedroom in her hair?

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm hollering. Why would you use Turtwig's evolution as an example; need I remind you how pathetic Turtwig became when he finally evolved into Grotle, and then from Grotle into Torterra? You're really reaching this time. I think everyone can see that Pignite is going to become the next powerhouse, much like Charizard and Infernape before him.

16. Janovy

Janovy Banned

She definitely had it in her hair. xD

I also loved how she forced Dento to dress up, they're such good friends. That's why I love our BW trio, it's so enjoyable, has great chemistry and feels like an actual family. Also, did anyone notice Iris had electro motif and Dent had fire motif? Zekrom and Reshiram? Yin and yang? Black and white? :p

Excellent! Let's hope Oshawott becomes pathetic after evolving as well. :p

17. Akaku

Akaku ...

What? Homika gave Chaoboo a Pecha Berry after the battle with Pendror, she said she wants Ash's last three Pokemon in tip top shape for them to battle her last.
    Satoshi doesn't deserve the badge. LoL

18. Sapphire Kirby

Sapphire Kirby Evaluation time!

Pardon me, but I'm a bit confused. According to Homika's character bio, Garbador used 5 moves in its battle: Double Slap, Slam, Hyper Beam, Gunk Shot, and Venoshock. Is this true, and if it is, why?! Ever since DP started the anime has been consitent that a Pokemon will only uyse a max of 4 moves during any battle (unless it evolves, which in that case the Pokemon will still only use 4 total moves), so why did they break this rule randomly now. Surely Garbador would be fine without one of those moves, so i see no reason to bring back the days of Orange League Drake's Dragonite. i considered these episodes rediculous enough with it being a 3 vs 6 and the promotion of a weak gymleader for the sake of advertising, but if Garbador really used 5 moves... well, I don't know.

Who was in charge of writing this episode? I want someone to blame (besides myself for getting too excited about something in BW).

19. Nacreous

Nacreous Fire trainer

Oshawott will never evolve because,like herpes,Oshawott will never vanish.

20. HatersGonnaHate

I'm pretty sure there's a closet in Axew's bedroom inside Iris's hair that is full of clothes. That would also explain the snow clothes they were wearing that magically appeared at the Icirrus Gym :p