• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

uber gon

Accept Change
Shame Homika will probably not be this powerful in her gym in the games. Hopefully there will be a way to have a more powerful rematch with her.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Shame Homika will probably not be this powerful in her gym in the games. Hopefully there will be a way to have a more powerful rematch with her.

I hope the gym leaders take part in the world tournament with updated teams if the old ones will take part on it why not them(knows hes being off-topic pardon me).

~Fire&Ice~

Conspiracy Theorist
I think this was a great way to develop the position of gym leaders. IMHO, every gym battle should be something like this where the gym leader sets some kind of handicap to make it fair for the challenging trainer. Realistically speaking, a gym leader isn't some random trainer in a building. Rather, they're given that title for their immense ability. They're also selected to test other starting trainers on their continuing ability and not whether they can beat the living crap out of their team.

..Or at least that's how I see haha... I apply Pokemon to real life only cause I wish they were real haha

This was my favorite gym battle in BW so far.

I think the only reason people are hating on it is because Ash's less important pokemon lost again.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was ok... I didn't like seeing Palpitoad go down, especially how easily it went down. I do like how Venoshock was animated when used on the Poisoned Pokemon. I was laughing when Garbodor's arms got tangled. Pignite looked odd when he was being Double Slapped by Garbodor. I liked seeing Pignite defeat Scolipede, although I wish Palpitoad would've won instead.

40/100

coolminun

Banned
It was definitely a good episode. She is a very strong gym leader. One of the best gym battles so far. I like skyla's gym battle the best

gliscor&yanmega

My word...Iris and Cilan doing stuff with their faces not shown...Cilan saying stuff about amazing taste...and Cilan's hands doing what they were doing...I...wha...but they...have they always made out when Ash was battling D: Seriously, who was in charge of that scene did they not know how subjective that scene was, my mind may be dirty but it's hard not to think of dirty things with that scene...

The referee was awesome...that is all I have to say about that...I just loved his voice and how he said some English here and there(Ok I had more to say).

I enjoyed the episode overall now that I know what was being said. Enjoyed the battles and whatnot.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
My word...Iris and Cilan doing stuff with their faces not shown...Cilan saying stuff about amazing taste...and Cilan's hands doing what they were doing...I...wha...but they...have they always made out when Ash was battling D: Seriously, who was in charge of that scene did they not know how subjective that scene was, my mind may be dirty but it's hard not to think of dirty things with that scene...

The referee was awesome...that is all I have to say about that...I just loved his voice and how he said some English here and there(Ok I had more to say).

I enjoyed the episode overall now that I know what was being said. Enjoyed the battles and whatnot.

I see where you're coming from, but it could've been worse.. Remembers a certain skipped episode that involved male cleavage...

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I really liked Iris' line "fun times, my foot!"

Sheesh she was so riled up lately... I don't know if its because of her BW2 role or because she's starting to like/respect Ash more.

LilyTwo

I have to say, I actually enjoyed this battle, and I liked that they made Roxie this strong. I kinda wish she would become a regular... but hey, we've got fanfiction for that! ^^

I would have liked to see Scolipede, rather than Garbodor, get two wins against Ash, but for once, I can't complain.

I really think people are too fixated at counting the wins each Pokemon gets. Let's say Pignite beating Scolipede and doing so well against Garbodor was the first time you've ever seen it in action. You'd probably think it was cool, had good animation, that sure is a strong Pokemon and such. But then you realize that this Pokemon has actually *GASP* BEATEN STUFF BEFORE!? THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS!! Sure, if Pikachu beat more than one, THEN it'd just be plain annoying, but this shouldn't be so bad, at least only one of Ash Pokes went down without really doing anything and he has already definitely proven himself before.

You sir, are a ray of hope for me that there are actually people who enjoy the show without complaining. The point of the show is to be enjoyable and fun to watch. I see that people are giving ranks for gym battles, counting wins and what not. They all seem to forget enjoying, which I do not recommend. If you have actually enjoyed the battle instead of counting wins you'll notice that this battle was good. Especially Boldore v/s Koffing and Unefezant v/s Koffing. All I see is 8 pages of posts of people complaining about Pignite again and again. The number of posts that said 'This particular scene was good.' is very low. I think the hardcore fans(those who regularly post in the Anime Spoiler and Episode Discussion section) should recheck their views in handling the subject and try to see the positives over negatives. People get mad because they expect an evolution out of nowhere and it doesn't happen. Instead if you watch with minimal speculation you'll actually enjoy it. I think Palpitoad situation is a good example.(I seriously don't know how they expected a evolution, it wasn't hinted anywhere. Besides they don't realise that Palpitoad evolving in this episode would have only make things look worse )

Bulba the Great!

We Do Not Sow
The only two things that bugged me was Homika choosing to feed Pignite a Pecha berry, and the fact that Scolipede has lost all hope of EVER appearing hardcore in a battle.

That and my dislike of Snivy's absence aside, this was an excellent, EXCELLENT gym battle. League worthy. Homika's gym was made extremely unique, the rock concert setting was a wonderful change of pace.

I also enjoyed Iris/Cilan's cheering. Very amusing.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I like Homika because she's the best Poison gym leader that I like. I'm glad Ash won though because losing to a team that has a Koffing is no fun.

kod3

Bad episode. 3 vs 6 just showed how weak he is. If it was me, I would insisted 3 vs 3.
If I lost, I will keep training and become very strong until I beat her. It just showed Satoshi is very weak very weak.
A lot of gym battles are better than this.

2/10.

Janovy

Banned
Bad episode. 3 vs 6 just showed how weak he is. If it was me, I would insisted 3 vs 3.
If I lost, I will keep training and become very strong until I beat her. It just showed Satoshi is very weak very weak.
A lot of gym battles are better than this.
It was the whole point of this gym battle.

To show that Ash isn't strong enough, hence the whole Eastern Unova arc.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
It was the whole point of this gym battle.

To show that Ash isn't strong enough, hence the whole Eastern Unova arc.

Not really, the point was to overhype Homika as a last gym leader when she is the second ingame.

They passed the entire two episodes talking about how highleveled/strong her pokemon were and how her poison tatics where awesome, etc.

Janovy

Banned
Not really, the point was to overhype Homika as a last gym leader when she is the second ingame.
Seriously? You'd rather take that explanation and not the one that makes sense?

I get that they wanted to promote Homika as an awesome character, but there was much more to these episodes than that.

They passed the entire two episodes talking about how highleveled/strong her pokemon were and how her poison tatics where awesome, etc.
Yeah, the same two episodes where Ash's Pokémon dropped like flies leading Ash himself to start doubting his team.

If anything, 6 v 3 served both ways:

- It demonstrated Homika's strength and character.
- It showed that Ash still isn't fully ready.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Seriously? You'd rather take that explanation and not the one that makes sense?

I get that they wanted to promote Homika as an awesome character, but there was much more to these episodes than that.

Yeah, the same two episodes where Ash's Pokémon dropped like flies leading Ash himself to start doubting his team.

If anything, 6 v 3 served both ways:

- It demonstrated Homika's strength and character.
- It showed that Ash still isn't fully ready.

What doesn't make sense in the explanation I gave? they did overhype her the entire episode from start to end.

I'm not arguing that they were beaten easly, I'm saying that they were more focused on showing her strenght and Satoshi pokemon mostly being defeated by her poison tatics to make her a credible 8th gym leader than anything else.

You know, something I like to point out. Apart from Dawn in DP, Iris and Cilan went all thw way to root for Ash in the two-parter.