• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Supersonicbro

No break, straight to Episode 1 of Best Wishes season 2 next week. New op is likey.

oh that's good. just got me worried because we usually get the new episode titles on here weeks before they air, and we haven't gotten one yet from the new season.

oh that's good. just got me worried because we usually get the new episode titles on here weeks before they air, and we haven't gotten one yet from the new season.

The main page thread of the PAD gives the titles to the first six episodes. Dub titles I meant.

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
TPCi is ignoring Season 2 almost completely. I don't see in Pokemon.com any promo with the new episodes. And the guides refer to the two upcoming episodes to be Best Wishes Rival Destinies. I think that the dub is going to ignore the difference because is the continuation of the same storyline. The "Next time a new beginning" is kept because TPCi rarely made edits anymore. Basically, for international viewers Season2 is just new episodes of Pokemon with the only difference that older character and older pokemon appear.

TPCi is ignoring Season 2 almost completely. I don't see in Pokemon.com any promo with the new episodes. And the guides refer to the two upcoming episodes to be Best Wishes Rival Destinies. I think that the dub is going to ignore the difference because is the continuation of the same storyline. The "Next time a new beginning" is kept because TPCi rarely made edits anymore. Basically, for international viewers Season2 is just new episodes of Pokemon with the only difference that older character and older pokemon appear.

Or because this is our season 2 dub wise, BW season 2 episodes are a extension to Rival Destines. Face it, your facts are as baseless as the Sonic fanbase.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
First lets clear up a comment which I left in my post to the last episode. I think Roxie wasn't arrogant and afterall it was just confidence. She was also noble which was shown in her kind gesture of using a pecha berry on Pignite.

Now onto this episode. I thought it was awesome! It was action packed throughout and even though the other battles were relatively dull compared to the final battle with Pikachu they only thickened the already rich Gravy (which confused me when Cilan said it lol). Speaking of Pikachu, I really enjoyed his battle (but I always do) and it constantly strengthens the bond between him and Ash but the episode also showed how important Ash's Friends are, which was a heartwarming moment for me.

Overall, the episode had me excited, anxious and heartwarmed. That makes it a great episode for me :D. On to the next one, a new beginning!

WaterDragon trainer

Freak Like Me
This episode was pretty good. The battle went over quite well, though I was a tad surprised that Roxy gave Ash a pecha berry during the battle (not really a complaint though).

XXD17

Draco rex
After watching the dub, I realized something...All the moves that roxie's pokemon had were poison or normal with one steel, one rock and one non-damaging fire...If someone came in with a bulky, specially-oriented steel type, like magnezone, probopass or empoleon, she'll be over in no time...

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
After watching the dub, I realized something...All the moves that roxie's pokemon had were poison or normal with one steel, one rock and one non-damaging fire...If someone came in with a bulky, specially-oriented steel type, like magnezone, probopass or empoleon, she'll be over in no time...

that's pretty much what i did the first time i whooped her in the games, took a magnemite in there and she couldn't do anything.

I really do believe this battle was done alright, yes i know people will and still do whine because "OMG Palpitoad comes back to die and sevre as useless cannon fodder!?" but the way the fight was executed was unique, and we got to see how crippling poison can really be, which is rather shameful that we didn't get to see such things back in the first season with Koga, but I digress on that.

Now as for Ash's little "confidence break" moment, let's think about this. He took six of what he believed to be his strongest current pokemon against Roxie and was giving it his all, I don't think anyone wouldn't feel the same if they had to watch what they considered thier best six get taken down by three, I mean look at how depressed and down the other trainers who challenged roxie were in the previous episode from having lost to her, it's easy to get overwhelmed at times and lose confidence as a result, Ash simply felt the same pressure, and thanks to Iris and Cilan was able to recover and continue on to win.

People really gotta stop hating battles just because one or two of their fav pokemon got ko'ed, it happens to all of Ash's guys at somepoint.

R?IDDl3R

ace trainer
most epic and coolest battle i seen ash have great to see his friends support him as well as the crowd ^_^ roxie was a great character! now its time for season 3 !!!

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Well she may have three other pokemon. Not just those three. Btw Will-o-wisp is treated more like a special move than non-damaging in the anime.

LizardonX

Banned
that's pretty much what i did the first time i whooped her in the games, took a magnemite in there and she couldn't do anything.

I really do believe this battle was done alright, yes i know people will and still do whine because "OMG Palpitoad comes back to die and sevre as useless cannon fodder!?" but the way the fight was executed was unique, and we got to see how crippling poison can really be, which is rather shameful that we didn't get to see such things back in the first season with Koga, but I digress on that.

Now as for Ash's little "confidence break" moment, let's think about this. He took six of what he believed to be his strongest current pokemon against Roxie and was giving it his all, I don't think anyone wouldn't feel the same if they had to watch what they considered thier best six get taken down by three, I mean look at how depressed and down the other trainers who challenged roxie were in the previous episode from having lost to her, it's easy to get overwhelmed at times and lose confidence as a result, Ash simply felt the same pressure, and thanks to Iris and Cilan was able to recover and continue on to win.

People really gotta stop hating battles just because one or two of their fav pokemon got ko'ed, it happens to all of Ash's guys at somepoint.

I doubt he would have lost as many if he bothered training any of the 5 reserves more often other than pignite.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I doubt he would have lost as many if he bothered training any of the 5 reserves more often other than pignite.

Eigth badges generally come down to the wire (the earth badge from gen 1 not withstanding since Jessie broke the rules allowing Ash to do so and send Pikachu in to nuke all opposition) so it was kind of expected that would happen.

there are very few gyms where more than one pokemon survives at the end as well.

Also kinda ironic that when you think about it, every odd numbered gen the last gym had weird rule sets, where as the even numbered ones became three vs three power fests.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I agree. They can't make the eighth and final gym battle look like crap so it has to be awesome. Way to go. But like I've said before, I love all of the BW gymbattles. Better than Kanto's and IS's combined.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Finally got to finish watching this episode. Not bad at all, for the most part, but I didn't feel any tension at all. Despite how they show Roxie fighting pretty strong.

I also found it adorable of Pikachu to jump/dodge Garbodor's DoubleSlap repeatedly. It's almost like Pikachu was jump roping!

Also, the crowd and Iris were getting a bit on my nerves, too; too much of them to go around.

Kind of bugs me that we may not see a huge change in the next episodes to come; seeing how significantly the show is making a turning point. Especially with the text "Next Time... A New Beginning!" There ought to be something literally new coming our way, when you're using traditional text like that. I mean, Japan is actually using a season number to symbolize the "2" in Black/White 2 episodes. And for once, TPCi isn't doing the same? Figures. I guess since there's only been about 35-36 episodes just for Rival Destinies? Is there only going to be two seasons? With the League coming up pretty soon, in due time at least.

Besides, I was really looking forward to seeing a dub opening version of "Be an Arrow". It literally makes a significant new look to the Black/White 2 episodes. Unless they're going to make a new opening but use the same song. Then that would be alright with me.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Besides, I was really looking forward to seeing a dub opening version of "Be an Arrow". It literally makes a significant new look to the Black/White 2 episodes. Unless they're going to make a new opening but use the same song. Then that would be alright with me.

That's what i'm guessing. Using the same song but with BWS2 episodes.

SlimeStack

I really enjoyed that episode. The crowd were very annoying though, Iris included. I liked Pikachu winning with static. It's the exact kind of "hax" the games have, and I feel he deserved that win. I also like Garbodor more after this episode. I liked Koffing more after the previous episode too lol, so much that I decided to breed my Weezing to get a competitive one for PWT. Roxie is good at advertising Pokémon to me, she's one of my favourite gym leaders. Can't wait until the dub equivalent of Best Wishes! Series 2 begins!

Kind of bugs me that we may not see a huge change in the next episodes to come; seeing how significantly the show is making a turning point. Especially with the text "Next Time... A New Beginning!" There ought to be something literally new coming our way, when you're using traditional text like that. I mean, Japan is actually using a season number to symbolize the "2" in Black/White 2 episodes. And for once, TPCi isn't doing the same? Figures. I guess since there's only been about 35-36 episodes just for Rival Destinies? Is there only going to be two seasons? With the League coming up pretty soon, in due time at least.

It kind of annoys me too the way TCPi arranges the seasons. But each season seems to be roughly 50 episodes in length, and Rival Destinies will reach near that number by the time Team Rocket pull off their latest scheme. Black & White ended with the Team Rocket story in Nimbasa, so maybe Team Rocket will be the end of Rival Destinies too? Then season 16 will be a League-themed one with BWS2 stuff in the intro. Maybe. Though, I hope they use BWS2 footage in the opening for the rest of season 15 like you said.

Shego

The Pokémon Explorer
Ash must have put out all the stop to defeat Roxie for the last Unova Gym Battle, the Toxic Badge. It seems that Roxie taking a liking to Ash. If that's true, then Anabel and maybe Dawn might have a competition for Ash's affection. Anyway the battle getting intense.

SmartD

I finally got to watch this episode. Roxie put up a tough fight for Ash, but he manages to beat her. She's also a good sport, giving Ash's Pokemon Pecha Berries.

Battra

The final gym battles are always epic and this one was no exception.