• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rocking the Virbank Gym! (Part 2) (745)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I wish Roxie had more pokemon so that this would have been even better. I do agree about Ash's reserves are the strongest and shouldn't have been takened down like that without something better. It's not like Oshawott or the others would have done a good job either.

^ But then Roxie wouldn't have been overpowered.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
^ But then Roxie wouldn't have been overpowered.

She still could have been strong if she had six Pokemon. Having three wouldn't be an excuse to have her overpowered. She could have been either way. And having a crowd behind you isn't any better either.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
OMFG I just wanted to jump into the computer and ***** slap the **** out of Ash for the fail of a battle -_-.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
OMFG I just wanted to jump into the computer and ***** slap the **** out of Ash for the fail of a battle -_-.

I didn't understand them making Koffing to ridiculously strong in this episode. I could have seens a Weezing but the writers do things differently ofcourse.

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Nice to see the gym leader give out a berry to heal pignite. They should do more in-battle healing sometimes, I know I always use item healing in the games to keep the pokemon going longer. The only healing we ever see is moves like recover or synthesis. At least Ash won his eighth badge, but I can't wait to get to the episodes with the original eighth gym leader Drayden.

7/10

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I enjoyed this episode. I love that Iris got Cilan to cheer for Ash. The part where Roxie gave Pignite a pecha berry was nice too.

J Ken

RAVE
It kinda sucked that Ash finally has a good team on hand yet he has to get slapped around so badly. I know having past gym stars lose here would make it seem tougher but it would have meant more had Ash used the team he always carries around since those are the guys he favors so heavily.

Mudkip Oshawott Piplup

Krazy KrazyShipper
The face-painting did NOT look like face painting based on the angle, but it's one of my favorite Wishful moments!

Hm, no clue why it said "Next time... a new beginning!" at the end since it's not quite the end of Rival Destinies...

I totally forgot that Roxie gives Ash a berry to cure poisoning during the battle.
Well, like she said in the beginning of he battle in the previous part, it's her gym, so it's er rules. She can do what she wants as gym leader.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The second half of Ash vs Roxie was great and I liked seeing Pignite defeat Scolipede and how Pikachu defeated Garbodor at the end. Cilan and Iris playing the drums was funny and now Ash finally had eight badges.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Homika's Pendror versus Satoshi's Chaoboo was good, although Chaoboo getting cured from his poisoned status via a Momon Berry seemed too convenient. Dustdasu versus Pikachu was a good finishing match, although if I had my way, Chaoboo would've been Dustdasu's last opponent. Thankfully, Satoshi won.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Ugh, Roxie should've used more Pokemon. I do agree about Ash's reserves are the strongest and shouldn't have been taken down like that without something better...

Alloutℯ

Banned
Garbodor's voice is hilarious and having it battle Palpitoad just enforces that even further - I know it's probably not the intention for the battle to be funny, but I was laughing a lot during this episode.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
This. Battle. Was. Epic. The constant action, the rock band, and Roxie herself made this one really fun to watch. Ash vs. Wulfric is the only Gym Battle that comes close to this in my mind. Best Wishes might've been a low point in the series, but I can at least thank it for making Roxie my favorite Gym Leader.

Leonhart

Imagineer
This. Battle. Was. Epic. The constant action, the rock band, and Roxie herself made this one really fun to watch. Ash vs. Wulfric is the only Gym Battle that comes close to this in my mind. Best Wishes might've been a low point in the series, but I can at least thank it for making Roxie my favorite Gym Leader.

Homika's team could've better, though. Since she was allowing Satoshi to use his whole team, you'd think that Homika would've used an equal number of Pokemon too, yet all we got to see her utilize at the Tachiwaki Gym was Dogas, Pendror, and Dustdasu. The match leaned too much in Satoshi's favor.

FlygontheRavager

#1 Pokémon Anime Fan!
Homika's team could've better, though. Since she was allowing Satoshi to use his whole team, you'd think that Homika would've used an equal number of Pokemon too, yet all we got to see her utilize at the Tachiwaki Gym was Dogas, Pendror, and Dustdasu. The match leaned too much in Satoshi's favor.

If Roxie had used her full team, Ash wouldn't have stood a chance. I mean, Roxie's Koffing had defeated a Gothitelle (a fully evolved Psychic-type) just before the fight; can you honestly say Ash would've been able to beat Roxie in a 6 on 6 battle? Roxie gave Ash the handicap to make the battle FAIR.

Leonhart

Imagineer
If Roxie had used her full team, Ash wouldn't have stood a chance. I mean, Roxie's Koffing had defeated a Gothitelle (a fully evolved Psychic-type) just before the fight; can you honestly say Ash would've been able to beat Roxie in a 6 on 6 battle? Roxie gave Ash the handicap to make the battle FAIR.

I'll admit that perhaps the Gym match would've been harder for Satoshi if it had been a six on six match-up, but since this was his final Gym match of the region, I would've found a full battle to be much more appropriate.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Overpowered or not, that is exactly how every trainer in the league will be...if Ash couldn't even handle here with his evolved Pokemon, Snivy, Oshawott, and possibly Scraggy are all royally screwed unless they evolve or gain plot hax for every battle they enter.
About 6 years later... my comment sure aged quite well seeing as Oshawott and Snivy both got nothing in the league and Scraggy was given a gift win facing a Darumaka for crying out loud.

I do sorta appreciate this battle a little more, but it basically foreshadowed Ash was doomed in the league... against a guy who only used 5 Pokemon haha