• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star (SPOILERS)

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
[IMG200]http://i45.*******.com/34jdrt0.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://i50.*******.com/2a91uza.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://i48.*******.com/2s7gbrr.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://i48.*******.com/8voz7b.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://i50.*******.com/i6fdys.jpg[/IMG200]

Pictures from MM Network.

Well, the game's come out and it's just the original game. It's been called the "plus alpha" version in fact.

Hell, they didn't even bother changing much from the original game; graphics are the same, sound is almost the same, Recovers pause the game once more, Navi chips don't deduct damage until the pause is over... etc.

Though they did put a map of the area on one of the screens. That was nice.

Anyway, this quote from the Megaman Network basically describes the new content.

Since the game essentially is MegaMan Battle Network, I’ll only bother to discuss the game’s new elements. The largest new addition, of course, is what gives the game the subtitle of “Operate Shooting Star.” Capcom has made a lot of effort to hype the game as a crossover with MegaMan Star Force, a “dream collaboration” between both MegaMans. Star Force MegaMan, aka Geo Stelar, even makes a large, mysterious looking presence on the game’s box design.

In actuality, though, the Star Force connection this game has is incredibly weak. It amounts to little more than a side story about Geo needing to go back in time 200 years to stop ClockMan, an out-of-control experimental Net Navi who has kidnapped Harp Note. You first get the gist of this story in the game’s prologue, which curiously is separate from the game itself – you can only watch it from the title screen, and return to the title screen when it’s finished. Aside from that, this involvement only plays into a single additional scenario, where Geo finally does arrive in the past to stop ClockMan, who has taken Roll as well. The event itself is pretty fun and feels fresh, though it’s fairly short. The banter between Lan, Geo and Omega-Xis is very entertaining. What’s truly surprising, however, is that the event doesn’t take place until after the ElecMan scenario, which is well three fourths into the game. By this point you’ve probably forgotten that this game had any connection to Star Force, especially since the previous scenarios are exactly the same. What’s more, once the Star Force scenario is done, it’s back to Battle Network as usual. The event makes no impact on the rest of the game’s story.

Of course, after this event you can choose whether you want to play as BN MegaMan or SF MegaMan in battle. SF MegaMan generally has all his abilities from his own series. He charges automatically and rapid fires when you hold down the B button. Pressing Y generates his shield, and pressing X enters his lock-on mode, which lets him warp in front of enemies to perform chip attacks. This is way better than BN MegaMan, who doesn’t have such an easy time with short ranged attacks, although using X to lock on is a little cumbersome. SF MegaMan’s demerits are that he cannot use Program Advances, and if he’s hurt in the middle of a lock-on attack he’ll become paralyzed for a few crucial seconds. As much fun as he is to battle with, the game is nearly over by the time you get him.

The other major new feature is the Star Colosseum minigame. This is also available from the title screen, and can be played with up to six people wirelessly using just one copy of the game. The main competitive mode of this minigame plays out in the style of the game’s overworld view. Players, who can use either BN MegaMan, ProtoMan or SF MegaMan, compete to gain the most stars in either a free-for-all match or a team match. Stars appear on the overworld to be collected, but you can also steal stars from opponents by attacking them. The catch is, every player has a rock-paper-scissors attribute, and your attribute has to best theirs (i.e. if you have rock, you can only steal stars from people who have scissors). Aside from stars, other items appear on the field that can be activated with the B button. You can only carry one at a time, and there are items that can change your attribute, give you a temporary advantage, or set traps for other players.

Additionally, there is also a Vs. Bass cooperate mode. Instead of collecting stars, all players must work together to defeat Bass by using bombs on him. Bass is capable of knocking players out in one hit, though knocked-out players can be revived if another player comes to touch them. The game is over if Bass is defeated or if all players are defeated, but Bass is definitely challenging, as he continuously hunts players down, and becomes faster as his HP decreases.

Here's a video of the battle with Geo.
Here's Geo battling, as well as some of the new Program Advances. Or chips. Can't tell, since this fight was hacked.

Oh man, I edited this post around 20 times to get everything to work right.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i think i'm gonna pass this one, it doesn't look very special if i see the inbattle mode, i mean have a look at the YT film found in the first post, that in battle type is bound to get boring after a while.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
I don't care what it is, I love BN. I'll buy it happily and proudly knowing my money is going to something so cheap.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
I don't care what it is, I love BN. I'll buy it happily and proudly knowing my money is going to something so cheap.

Exactly, I'm with you all the way.

I never really got a chance to own MMBN 1, so this one will be great.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Alright, got the pictures working again.

As you can see, the graphics are largely unchanged.

Also, the pictures show one of the Wi-Fi games.

Battle with Clockman with Hub.
Battle with Clockman with Geo.

Anyway, this is all the new chips and P.A.s

----------------
New Battle Chips
----------------
Clockman C - 120 Damage (Fires off a laser.)
ClockmanV2 C - 140 Damage
ClockmanV3 C - 160 Damage
SSRockman S - 100 Damage (Mega and Geo tag team the opponent. Hits twice, is essentially two wideswords to the closest enemy.)

New Event Chips
----------------
Burai B - 60 Damage (Hits 3 times. Acts like Roll in a way, only it doesn't heal. Final hit releases a Sonic Boom)
Forte F - 200 Damage (Works like it did in BN2 and BN3)

New PA
-------
DoubleRockman (Barrier * + FighterSword S + PaladinSword S + SSRockman S) - 500 HP
DoubleHero2 (FighterSword B + KnightSword B + PaladinSword B + Burai B) - 450 HP

You can see most of this in the bottom video in the first post.

The armors from the original BN1 have been removed incidentally, but that isn't much of a loss. GutsShoot has apparently been powered down.

Also, Star Force Megaman is a freaking Game Breaker. He keeps all his old abilities, making him as cheap as hell.

Oh, and you can run from battles now too.

EDIT: It turns out that AutoRun is now permanently on; holding B will cause you to walk.

Also, Skullman is now D code, and Shadowman is now T code, apparently to cut down on the amount of S coded navi chips.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

I never really got a chance to own MMBN 1, so this one will be great.
Same here, except I played until after the Elecman scenario via emulator. I can honestly say that this is one of the best BN games. Wait, who am I kidding? All of them were incredible besides BN4.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Wait, what?

Having played BN1, I can not say it was good. It provided a decent framework, but it just wasn't really all that fun.

The Internet was a sprawling maze, you couldn't run from batles without using a chip, and the amount of pausing in battles was just annoying. The only real plus was that your health restored to full after each battle.

And the puzzles were obscenely annoying. Iceman anyone?

BN 2 was when everything got better.

And Battle Chip Challenge sucked as well.

Clamps

Warning: Jokes!

Battle Chip challenge was good if you didn't look at it as a Battle Network game. It was just too different.

Anyways, I also never really got the chance to play BN1 (I started at 3 =P), So I've been looking forward to this quite a bit. Doesn't look too bad really. Here's hoping they remake other games in the series, or at least make a gaiden type of game that keeps the gameplay of the original series intact.

Selfdestruct Togepi

Fangirls Beware!
Battle Chip challenge was good if you didn't look at it as a Battle Network game. It was just too different.

Anyways, I also never really got the chance to play BN1 (I started at 3 =P), So I've been looking forward to this quite a bit. Doesn't look too bad really. Here's hoping they remake other games in the series, or at least make a gaiden type of game that keeps the gameplay of the original series intact.

Same goes for MMBN 4 if you think about it (having said that, it's one of my favorite GBA games)

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
..What?

If we don't think about BN 4 as a battle network game, what do we think of it as?

I don't think there's a genre for "really repetitive boring games".

Anyhow, from the looks of things, the music has apparently been slightly remixed.

Also, oddly enough, it appears some of the new chips subtract damage from the HP at the end of the pause instead of after the pause ends like in BN 1.

To explain, using Roll causes the game to pause, Roll to attack, and the pause to end. After the pause ends, HP is subtracted.

Yet using Burai causes the game to pause, and him to appear and attack. Yet the damage is subtracted at the very end of the pause.

It really just seems lazy.

Either way, even if the game is essentially the original, it's sad they didn't bother to even to change the graphics to BN 4-6 style.

Also, as some of you may have noticed, there is now voice acting for certain lines. From what I've seen, it's for:

"JACK IN!"
"Battle Routine Set! EXECUTE!"
"Shooting Star Rockman!" (When you switch from EXE to SF Megaman.
"Rockman.EXE!" (Same as above, just reversed.)

Also, in battle, after you select your chips you can hear Lan and the current Megaman say stuff.

Last edited:

Clamps

..What?

If we don't think about BN 4 as a battle network game, what do we think of it as?

I don't think there's a genre for "really repetitive boring games".

Anyhow, from the looks of things, the music has apparently been slightly remixed.

Also, oddly enough, it appears some of the new chips subtract damage from the HP at the end of the pause instead of after the pause ends like in BN 1.

To explain, using Roll causes the game to pause, Roll to attack, and the pause to end. After the pause ends, HP is subtracted.

Yet using Burai causes the game to pause, and him to appear and attack. Yet the damage is subtracted at the very end of the pause.

It really just seems lazy.

Either way, even if the game is essentially the original, it's sad they didn't bother to even to change the graphics to BN 4-6 style.

Also, as some of you may have noticed, there is now voice acting for certain lines. From what I've seen, it's for:

"JACK IN!"
"Battle Routine Set! EXECUTE!"
"Shooting Star Rockman!" (When you switch from EXE to SF Megaman.
"Rockman.EXE!" (Same as above, just reversed.)

Also, in battle, after you select your chips you can hear Lan and the current Megaman say stuff.

So the voice acting is kind of like Double Team DS's? Sweet. Guess we can expect the hilarious sound effects in the english version as well. Too bad this game doesn't have full synchro, because the voice effects from when Megaman used a chip while in full synchro totally made up for having to play through that game twice.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Interestingly enough, this game has a pretty severe anti-piracy security.

When you jack into Lan's computer for the tutorial, you are stuck in an infinite loop of virus battles.

Here's a video of it.

Hilariously enough though, a patch stopping this has already been released.

Clamps

Interestingly enough, this game has a pretty severe anti-piracy security.

When you jack into Lan's computer for the tutorial, you are stuck in an infinite loop of virus battles.

Here's a video of it.

Hilariously enough though, a patch stopping this has already been released.

Capcom is getting better. God I love all of these anti-piracy methods coming out lately. Makes it that much more entertaining to be a gamer who actually buys games.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Well, a tournament's starting in Japan.

And in completely unrelated news, someone created a Megaman mod for Doom.

Other then that, there has been a very minor change to the battle system of BN1; namely, the fact that chip codes can be seen on the custom screen, not on the chip picture. Yes, believe it or not, that wasn't around till BN 2.

Finally, it appears that you can now input codes at the title screen for some new chips. The only one currently known gives you Gutsman *.

English release date is TBA.

Last edited:

Surfing_Pikachu

Having played BN1, I can not say it was good. It provided a decent framework, but it just wasn't really all that fun.

The Internet was a sprawling maze, you couldn't run from batles without using a chip, and the amount of pausing in battles was just annoying. The only real plus was that your health restored to full after each battle.

And the puzzles were obscenely annoying. Iceman anyone?

BN 2 was when everything got better.

BN had some really memorable characters and plots, I think you're just getting a little to hung up on the details to really enjoy it. All though you're right about the internet layout. It's like it was randomly generated. Personally I don't think they really had good layout until BN3, though.

But that doesn't stop BN2 from being a cartridge of awesome.

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
If we are going to go on a limb and start shouting out which BN was the best I have to either go with Double Team for the DS or Cyberbeast Falzar.